Go Cardinals! Game thread

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Go Cardinals! Game thread

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:27 pm

Maybe Carroll will move into a front-office-only role and they'll make Hurtt head coach. Then they can hire a real DC without appearing racially insensitive or "unwoke". :lol:

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:26 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:27 pm
Maybe Carroll will move into a front-office-only role and they'll make Hurtt head coach. Then they can hire a real DC without appearing racially insensitive or "unwoke". :lol:
Pete can move into the VP of DEI role
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:09 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:12 pm
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:59 pm
C'mon, you really think Carter made their D worse?
No, but I am tired of hearing all we needed to do was draft Carter instead of Spoon and we'd have been fine. A great defense drafted Carter, and they are now not much better than us! This thought process that Jalen Carter was fucking Aaron Donald is absurd. Look at their numbers while in college....not even close. This defense doesnt suck because we got Williams and Jones instead of Carter. This defense stinks because we have a shitty scheme and a head coach that curls up into a ball because he doesn't have Chancelor, ET, and Sherman controlling the back end and a front four that generates pressure on their own! He coaches as if he still has that shit. This soft bullshit zone defend to keep everything in front of you is not fucking working. Carter wasn't going to change that.

If you are going to beat the drum for why a pick was shit and it should have been someone else, at least have some numbers to back it up! This is a guy that defends the Penny pick over Nick Fucking Chubb! He gets his teeth into a bone and won't let go. Spoon over Carter is not why this defense sucks. This defense sucks because the scheme doesn't match the personnel, and because the game has changed and the coach refuses to!
No, but I am tired of hearing all we needed to do was draft Carter instead of Spoon and we'd have been fine.

If you are going to beat the drum for why a pick was shit and it should have been someone else, at least have some numbers to back it up!

lmao! Kindly cut and paste the post where anyone on this board has ever made these exact statements. I'll wait. Rational conversation cannot be had when individuals make up things no one has said, then promptly goes off on an angry diatribe against positions LITERALLY no one is taking. I love it! You are literally arguing with yourself. Honestly, it's hilarious. Keep us posted on how it plays out!

Again - cut and paste the quotes - not your 'intrepretation" - the quotes where those positions are offered. :lol:

You can't because no one has, but you'll double down and it'll be hilarious! But please - do your thing!

Also - 'cutting and pasting stats" (thats how you know someone is an expert :lol: ) as if those stats would just magically transfer from one team to
the next - like this is Madden football - despite the fact the two teams are completely different - PRICELESS.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:20 pm

I typed "Carter" in the search. The first seven posts that came up where you, or people responding to you, but good try.

You've complained all year about the D Line, mentioned Carter all year. Nice try.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:09 pm

Yep, never said it. This was a simple search for the guys name and finding that the majority of the comments were from AA. BUT, not only did HE never said it, but accourding to him, NO ONE said it. Jesus. I'll wait his next drive by shooting of bullshit. I complain about the draft, I am overly critical and need to provide him proof of how no one else would have taken this guy, that blah blah bullshit. He complains about a pick, and not only does he double down on it all year, but then claim he didn't.

This took very little time, and still more time than I am spending on it anymore AA.
auroraave wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:07 pm
I really wonder how this defense would have looked with Carter up front. I am also so fucking sick of having 30 secondary guys on the roster and no real LB's or monsters up front. No defense can survive building a defense that way.
auroraave wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:27 pm
…and drafting a cornerback who does not help that at all. The Carter situation was an unusual one fueled 90% by social media turds - but Seattle fell for it and drafted players that in no way help with the most glaring need - not to mention they would have had control for four years on rookie deals if they had taken the best dline player avail.
auroraave wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:54 pm
As I said ALL off season - need to build the defense from the front to the back - Seattle has done the opposite - and this is why they are not very good. If you can control the line you can limit run game production and create pressure forcing quicker passes. Seattle was too scared to draft Carter and went with Witherspoon, Carroll's wet dream scenario. Witherspoon is great - love the guy - but Seattle is getting killed in trench warfare - just like the last few seasons - this creates additional stress on the back end. Seattle should have drafted Carter -
Philly traded up to get your beloved Carter, and their defense is dogshit this year. It was great last year, so get over it. The only evidence we have for Carter being a difference maker is the defense he went to got worse. Again, same guy that defended Penny over Chubb, but....he never complained about Carter being passed over for Spoon. That has NOTHING to do with why the defense is bad. The D Line has good players on it...it's a dogshit scheme that is so scared of the deep ball they allow power run teams to pound them into submission. Carter, a rookie DL man that plays on a bad Philly defense? Wouldn't have fucking changed that. If anyone thinks he is better than Williams? They are smoking fucking crack.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:23 pm

https://x.com/hawkblogger/status/174448 ... 93975?s=20

Sorry, had to add a screenshot since I am not as good at this X Shit as DT.

Played 300+ more snaps, but Spoon is the one Hawk fans claim isn't durable enough. :o
Attachments
Spoon and Carter.png
Spoon and Carter.png (294.49 KiB) Viewed 221 times