Hawks @ Farty Niners

Donn Beach

Re: Hawks @ Farty Niners

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:31 am

Meant to post this earlier,[ Pete calling out the defense, Love and Adams by name.
Seattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll openly expressed his displeasure with his defense's performance following the team's 28-16 defeat at the hands of the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday.

Carroll was particularly upset with Seattle's secondary, especially defensive back Julian Love and safety Jamal Adams. Love gave up a long score after biting on a fake handoff, while Adams allowed 49ers receiver Deebo Samuel to get behind him for a 54-yard touchdown grab.

Carroll had no issue with calling each of them out individually, telling the media that "they know" about the mistakes they made (via Gregg Bell of The News Tribune).
This is something I've brought up before. It's not about tricks it's executing the offense. The Hawks knew what was coming, they practiced against it but couldn't stop it

"There was nothing new about those things," Carroll told reporters after the game, per Charean Williams of Pro Football Talk. "We didn't execute well enough to stop those opportunities. That's the stuff we practiced, and we needed to come through and make those plays. We didn't do it."

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:19 pm

Oh goodie, Pete is in full retreat and protect mode. It’s not the scheme, it’s not the coaching, the players fucking suck. Let’s see how that plays out. They did play poorly, but for fuck sakes, this isn’t anything new! The played and entire Dallas game without forcing a punt! Maybe if you are practicing shit the players can’t execute, you should either find new players or develop a scheme they can execute?

DK barely gets targets and Walker barely gets touches….I bet that is their fault too?

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:28 pm

Wouldn't an O coordinator worth his salt be able to figure out a way to get DK open on slants several times per game, and wouldn't a competent D coordinator have his players prepped to contain the opposing team's biggest threat so that he wouldn't have open field for 75 yards on the first gd play of the game?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:27 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:28 pm
Wouldn't an O coordinator worth his salt be able to figure out a way to get DK open on slants several times per game, and wouldn't a competent D coordinator have his players prepped to contain the opposing team's biggest threat so that he wouldn't have open field for 75 yards on the first gd play of the game?
Nope, the players suck. End of story, nothing to see here.

douche

Post by douche » Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:14 pm

Wouldn't an O coordinator worth his salt be able to figure out a way to get DK open on slants several times per game

No, our quarterback's too short, he can't see over the line. Er, um, wait a minute.
and wouldn't a competent D coordinator have his players prepped to contain the opposing team's biggest threat so that he wouldn't have open field for 75 yards on the first gd play of the game?
Clint Hurtt is bringing the hurt, we just need to be patient. We're only 13 games in :lol:

Serious question... does this coaching staff come together to draw up a weekly game plan, or do they just meet at the VMAC and down shots?

Nwadventure

Post by Nwadventure » Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:20 pm

The PC experience hopefully comes to an end soon- I know it would be unrealistic but how cool would it be to see this exact same team coached by coaches with game plans from this century ? We really have to teach our starting QB how to spike the ball and such - Head scratching play calls, two best offense weapons not getting targets. Defense just running in circles - Hard to watch the same movie year after year after year -

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:16 pm

Nwadventure wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:20 pm
The PC experience hopefully comes to an end soon- I know it would be unrealistic but how cool would it be to see this exact same team coached by coaches with game plans from this century ? We really have to teach our starting QB how to spike the ball and such - Head scratching play calls, two best offense weapons not getting targets. Defense just running in circles - Hard to watch the same movie year after year after year -
I wish this was satire, or a gross overstatement. But this really resonates with me. It's what I have been saying about PC for some time. That he only knows one way....but he sure fools me. The switch to the 3 - 4 defense two seasons ago and all the knew defensive coaches be brought in. I sure thought he was going to make big changes, but it really looks like the same shit just in a somewhat different front.

Bringing in not one but two offensive coaches from the Rams, sure lead me to believe we would see different stuff, and we really do, but it is oddly just as head scratching. The run game is so fucking basic, it absolutely blows me away. It's almost as if they are now flat out stubborn the other way and want to show us just how shitty a run game can be. They have no idea what Walker or Charbonnet do best, and almost seem to try and run an offense suited for Walker when Charbonnet is on the field and vice versa.

The shift in draft styles, no longer trading down, no longer reaching....but we seem to have the same results. And then they regress. I don't think they know how to use Walker, but maybe he just sucks now? Riq has regressed greatly, Mafe doesn't seem much better than last year, we added much more talent, IMO, up front on defense and the same shitty ass results. Lots of people wishing we had drafted Carter, but Spoon looks real good, and I don't think Carter is better than what we have. It just confuses the Hell out of me.

The only thing I can attribute it to is that Pete has really not adapted, and everyone we play knows that. But maybe we are just really unlucky?

douche

Post by douche » Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:22 pm

The Pete Carroll Show breaks down Seattle Seahawks' Week 14 loss to the San Francisco 49ers. For what it's worth.

If you really want to have some fun, read the comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5dSP-vKC28

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:11 pm

Good Old Pete. Sad to see the same thing over and over.

Just different excuses.

But, sunshine Pete will say it will be fixed. Remind me how many playoff wins in 6 years? Dave the Homer Wyman says don’t get tired of winning. Well, we don’t have that problem in the playoffs.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:11 pm