PFF grades thread

Michael K.

Re: PFF grades thread

Post by Michael K. » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:35 pm

trharder wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:02 pm
I was honestly convinced Walker must be injured last night at the end of the second quarter. That’s how glaring his absence was.
Obviously one of the changes of game plan was to use both Walker and Charbonnet equally, which ordinarily I’m fine with, but for fuck sakes when it’s clutch time, Walker had the hot hand and is more experienced- he should be in.
I looked up with 1 minute left in the game last night, we are down by 4 points, and Charbonnet is in there. 1 minute left!!!
That’s just not good decision making.
It’s been all year. It’s odd timing too. Walker isn’t exactly at the end of his contract, but it’s rather obvious they want to move on from him, IMO. Again, Charbonnet is great, and maybe his physical style more suits Pete? But Walker is a GameChanger. I’m not sure Charbonnet is. And again, look at those receiving stats. The better pass catching numbers come from the guy we take OFF the field on passing downs!

trharder

Post by trharder » Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:18 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:35 pm
trharder wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:02 pm
I was honestly convinced Walker must be injured last night at the end of the second quarter. That’s how glaring his absence was.
Obviously one of the changes of game plan was to use both Walker and Charbonnet equally, which ordinarily I’m fine with, but for fuck sakes when it’s clutch time, Walker had the hot hand and is more experienced- he should be in.
I looked up with 1 minute left in the game last night, we are down by 4 points, and Charbonnet is in there. 1 minute left!!!
That’s just not good decision making.
It’s been all year. It’s odd timing too. Walker isn’t exactly at the end of his contract, but it’s rather obvious they want to move on from him, IMO. Again, Charbonnet is great, and maybe his physical style more suits Pete? But Walker is a GameChanger. I’m not sure Charbonnet is. And again, look at those receiving stats. The better pass catching numbers come from the guy we take OFF the field on passing downs!
Interesting take - "wanting to move on from him". I disagree. I think they like Walker, but feel like (for whatever reason) the offense
is better if they can go with either back at any time. We've seen Pete put more faith in talented young rookies in big situations than other
coaches. I think Pete thinks of Charb in this way. That's what makes the most sense to me. We both would disagree with that.
Charb is not showing me that "special talent" necessary to put that much faith in him. I was screaming at the TV last night when Charb
was in there when I really wanted to see Walker.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:49 pm

trharder wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:18 pm

Interesting take - "wanting to move on from him". I disagree. I think they like Walker, but feel like (for whatever reason) the offense
is better if they can go with either back at any time. We've seen Pete put more faith in talented young rookies in big situations than other
coaches. I think Pete thinks of Charb in this way. That's what makes the most sense to me. We both would disagree with that.
Charb is not showing me that "special talent" necessary to put that much faith in him. I was screaming at the TV last night when Charb
That could be, I just see a team that does odd shit. Always has an always will. It is a Pete Carroll staple. Go out and sign Jimmy Graham? Complain about how he can't block and spend all camp working on how to make him a hand in the ground TE. Go out and get a speedy threat like Percy Harvin? Spend the better part of two seasons never letting him run down field and only using him for screen passes and reverses. THEN? After releasing Golden Tate and forcing Harvin to he a staple of the offense, thus losing games because of it? Shit can Percy because he was a Locker Room cancer, and it started the YEAR BEFORE! You know, before they chose him over Tate?

You have a power back that is good between the tackles? Yep, let's make him the third down back and also use him every third series. You have an explosive back that is a homerun waiting to happen and great in space? Let's sit him every third series and OBVIOUSLY every passing down. Again, the stats I posted are bizarre as shit. The back who is better in the passing game is the one we remove on passing downs. Ridiculous. Yet we all don't bat an eye because Seahawks gotta Seahawk and Pete gotta be Pete.

While I agree this just screams Pete Carroll, I also think it only screams Pete Carroll because it makes no fucking sense. Just like bringing Adams back next week would. Which is why I am in full belief that is exactly what he will do. Last night was a shining example of why all the times they have tried to shove Charbonnet into a role better suited for Walker is stupid. Why using Jamal Adams to cover WRs is galactically stupid. But it won't change.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:18 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:58 pm
Jesus did Bradford just play dead right after every snap or what. 27???
On 37 pass plays his pass blocking grade was 0.0. :lol:

Screenshot_20231219-201506_(1).png

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:30 am

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:42 pm
What we saw from Walker yesterday is why I have been so irritated with Pete and Waldron. That dude can flat out make plays, and instead we want to put the game in Geno's hands and take Walker off the field because teams use a passing situation back and we think that is pretty cool, so better take our starter off the field.

You know who does that a lot? The Chargers. Their Coach is now on the streets. Tennessee does that a lot, so does Arthur Smith in Atlanta. Sometimes when you have a stud back, he is a stud on every down, not just first and second. Blows me the fuck away. I like Charbonnet, so give him a series, and let Walker have two. But unless they are so gassed after two plays, for the love of God, leave them in on third down. When it's Charbo's series? He also plays on third down. If it is a third and more than short when it's Walker's series? He comes out. He could have a 12 yard catch and run on 2nd and 20 and they'd take him out on 3rd and 8 because? Well? He's not the passing down back. It's like going to the Closer no matter what. Let's take out Arthur Rhodes out for Bobby Ayala, because it's the 9th inning. Let's remove Walker for Charbonnet because it's a passing down. Fucking crazy

Pick your third down back from these statistics.
31 targets, 24 catches, 232 yards, 1 TD and 8 1st Downs. 9.7 yards per catch
31 targets, 25 catches, 146 yards, 0 TDs and 3 1st Downs. 5.8 yards per catch

I'll let you guess which one of those is Ken Walker and which one is Zach Charbonnet.
+1
finally catching up on some thread reading here.
This point is particularly salient when the 3rd down back you bring in is DJ Dallas! that needs to stop - either get McIntosh on the field or some other real 3rd down back or just keep K-9.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:02 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:49 pm
trharder wrote:

That could be, I just see a team that does odd shit. Always has an always will. It is a Pete Carroll staple. Go out and sign Jimmy Graham? Complain about how he can't block and spend all camp working on how to make him a hand in the ground TE. Go out and get a speedy threat like Percy Harvin? Spend the better part of two seasons never letting him run down field and only using him for screen passes and reverses. THEN? After releasing Golden Tate and forcing Harvin to he a staple of the offense, thus losing games because of it? Shit can Percy because he was a Locker Room cancer, and it started the YEAR BEFORE! You know, before they chose him over Tate?

You have a power back that is good between the tackles? Yep, let's make him the third down back and also use him every third series. You have an explosive back that is a homerun waiting to happen and great in space? Let's sit him every third series and OBVIOUSLY every passing down. Again, the stats I posted are bizarre as shit. The back who is better in the passing game is the one we remove on passing downs. Ridiculous. Yet we all don't bat an eye because Seahawks gotta Seahawk and Pete gotta be Pete.

While I agree this just screams Pete Carroll, I also think it only screams Pete Carroll because it makes no fucking sense. Just like bringing Adams back next week would. Which is why I am in full belief that is exactly what he will do. Last night was a shining example of why all the times they have tried to shove Charbonnet into a role better suited for Walker is stupid. Why using Jamal Adams to cover WRs is galactically stupid. But it won't change.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:51 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:02 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:49 pm
trharder wrote:

Yeah, the tweet you posted the other day is what made me change my tune. I was positive that this would be Love's new position, and maybe it still will be? Maybe he will just use Adams in spots that are advantageous to his skill set, like Nickel LB? But my guess is Adams' ego won't allow that, and neither will Pete's loyalty.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:47 am

The final 2023 NFL season grades :!:

Screenshot_20240108-114931_(1).png
Screenshot_20240108-114931_(1).png (259.94 KiB) Viewed 211 times
Screenshot_20240108-115049_(1).png

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:49 am

The numbers in the far right columns of both tables are total offensive and defensive snaps.

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:59 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:47 am
The final 2023 NFL season grades :!:

Screenshot_20240108-114931_(1).png
Screenshot_20240108-115049_(1).png
Thanks for posting this. It really focuses in on what the Hawks need to do. Improve the trenches on both sides of the ball.