Hawks vs. Seagles game thread

Donn Beach

Re: Hawks vs. Seagles game thread

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:27 pm

Says he hasn't recoved from quadricep injury
The second piece of information is that Adams has been injured all year. Carroll admitted that the torn quadricep injury from a year ago has plagued Adams in various ways.

douche

Post by douche » Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:56 pm

I posted a picture of the procedure Adams had done awhile ago, and it's ugly.

They essentially staple his quad to his knee. There's simply no way a player can be the same after an injury and a surgery like that.

ruptured-quad-tendon-surgery-4064981775.jpg

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:26 pm

Yeah, imagine that? You lose a step when that happens, no doubt. So, this organization decided that a guy that wasn't very good in coverage before the injury should come back from this and play Safety. I get the Adams hate, especially lately based on what a tool bag he has acted like. But the amount of grief given to a guy that shouldn't even be in his position, but plays for a staff that continues to put him in that position? It's hilarious. The last people to realize that Adams isn't going to be able to cover a baby with a blanket are all coaching the Seahawks! Yet all you read about is how shitty Adams is and NOTHING about the dipshits that still haven't realized that he can't cover, and neither can Brooks or Wagner! BUT? Let's keep asking them to do the things they can't do. Taylor couldn't play run defense if we put a gun to his head, but he is out there playing LB on run downs. Scheme is one thing, but another HUGE thing this staff can't seem to figure out is how to put their players in the best position to win.

It's certainly on only on defense...not just at RB. It wasn't just with Harvin and Graham, it's constant. They have a vision for what they want, and if it's a square peg? They don't fucking care, shove it in the round whole. And why not!? All the heat will be placed on the player anyway. Then? After it doesn't work for a while? The coordinator will get axed, the player will get cut, and nothing else will change. I remember Ray Roberts going to bat all the time for the old RT we had, can't remember his name. Was a first round pick, I always argued he was a Guard, which he ended up being in Chicago later, I think. Anyway, Roberts used to TRASH the way Cable had him playing Tackle, everything from technique to stance. But everyone else just trashes the players and say they suck and say we need different ones. Well, we get different ones, and the O Line is still below average and the LBs still can't cover. Maybe it goes deeper?

douche

Post by douche » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:05 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:26 pm
They have a vision for what they want, and if it's a square peg? They don't fucking care, shove it in the round whole. And why not!? All the heat will be placed on the player anyway. Then? After it doesn't work for a while? The coordinator will get axed, the player will get cut, and nothing else will change.
Bingo! As one poster mentioned earlier, the coordinators continue to change, yet nothing changes. There's only one constant, and his initials are Pete Carroll.

douche

Post by douche » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:08 pm

ESPN picks this week:

picks.png

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:36 pm

douche wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:56 pm
I posted a picture of the procedure Adams had done awhile ago, and it's ugly.

They essentially staple his quad to his knee. There's simply no way a player can be the same after an injury and a surgery like that.

ruptured-quad-tendon-surgery-4064981775.jpg
It's a good thing that surgical techniques have progressed beyond the days of Elmer's glue and Scotch tape or Adams career may well have been over. ;)

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:56 pm

douche wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:08 pm
ESPN picks this week:

picks.png
All that means is that the Titans will win.
That's my 16!!!

:lol: