Hawks vs. the Shit stains game thread

XpertDBA

Re: Hawks vs. the Shit stains game thread

Post by XpertDBA » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:52 pm

I realize everyone is soured by how we won this game, but question: Wasn't this the TOP rated defense in the entire league coming into this game?

Usually great defense will stop any offense, and yet we slammed the ball down their throats with 2 TDs in the first quarter.

I'm willing to give Geno a pass on this game, even if he didn't look great at times.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:56 pm

I disagree AA. The run game was there. You can’t throw it 37 times and hand off to the RBs 13 times and say it was because that was what the defense gave you. Not when those backs gained 119 yards on those 13 carries. You can’t average 6.9 per pass, go three and out almost the entire second half and have your QB throw 2 huge picks and say “we did it because they gave it to us and it worked.

Read it again, 119 yards on 13 carries by the backs. No turnovers.
254 yards on a whopping 37 fucking attempts and two turnovers.

And Jesus Christ. You have watched Cleveland this year and their pass rush and thought throw it with Geno? Only Pete and Shayne thought that. 9.15 per fucking carry, and they got fucking 8 and 5 between the two of them. We are lucky to win, and people buy the bullshit excuses these dolts throw at us.

Pete doesn’t believe his own bullshit, but he knows the press and the fans will. Two picks and two more that should have been picked. Over nine yards per attempt versus under seven…but Pete said it, so it must be true. Good lord.

Just another coach that is in charge of what happens, watches an offense flounder and says “we need to run more”. Hey dumb ass, it’s real easy…call more runs. It blows me away this is OK. Again, lucky the Browns dropped two easy picks, otherwise all we’d be hearing about in here is how they should have run more, I mean, nine yards per carry!?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:57 pm

XpertDBA wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:52 pm
I realize everyone is soured by how we won this game, but question: Wasn't this the TOP rated defense in the entire league coming into this game?

Usually great defense will stop any offense, and yet we slammed the ball down their throats with 2 TDs in the first quarter.

I'm willing to give Geno a pass on this game, even if he didn't look great at times.
If this was Geno’s first turd this year I’d agree. They are hitching their wagon to a turnover prone one year wonder, despite the fact they gave two stud backs behind him. It’s a huge mistake. Geno is who we thought he is. Lock must just be straight ass.

Geno finished last year poorly and has continued it this year. Yet we run the ball 13 fucking times between those two backs!? Ridiculous.

douche

Post by douche » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:05 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:31 pm
What I love is the bitching after they win a game.
Is that what I was doing? I said it would be interesting to see what this team is capable of were they to play an entire game.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:09 pm

douche wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:05 pm

Is that what I was doing? I said it would be interesting to see what this team is capable of were they to play an entire game.
You’ll have to take it up with Pete.

douche

Post by douche » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:10 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:09 pm
You’ll have to take it up with Pete.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:37 pm

Our RB1 with 41% of snaps...
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:39 pm

Geno better have his head on a swivel next week. Ravens lead NFL in Sacks.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/v ... s/dir/desc
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:56 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:37 pm
Our RB1 with 41% of snaps...
I am a big K 9 fan, so that kind of sucks....but Charbonnet is no slouch. For some reason they have decided that Walker can't be on the field on third down, and I don't completely agree with that either....maybe Zach is the better blocker? I think K 9 is a freak, and I am confused by their decision to limit his field time. No reason he isn't a two minute drill or third down option, but what ever. The bigger concern is we ran 40 fucking plays that didn't involve them. Those plays resulted in 239 yards, or 5.9 yards per play. They were involved in 17 plays. 13 carries and they had 4 targets each. Those 17 plays gained 134 yards, or just under 8 per play. But what's worse is if you remove the times Geno had to throw it to them, you get the 13 carries for 119 yards. Better than nine yards per carry...but Pete says the run game didn't work, so we are all supposed to believe him!

Take out Charbonnet's two carries on the last drive and the best we do is settle for a FG attempt to tie it. Relying on Geno to carry this team is fucking stupid, but that is what Waldron wants. Funny that now? When it ISN'T working? Is when Pete doesn't seem interested in stepping in to stop it!

After losing an OT game to AZ were we fell to 5 and 1 despite scoring over 30 points? Pete wasn't "comfortable" with the offense. So? We changed things, the offense stunk, we get killed in the playoffs. At that time Russ was the front runner for MVP. After 7 games and a 5 and 2 start? Geno has 9 TDs and 6 INTs and a QB rating of 91.1. After seven games in 2020 and a 6 and 1 start? You know, right before Pete decided we needed to run the ball and play defense even though we had no backs or a defense? Russ had 26 TDs and 6 INTs. That is right, a whopping 17 more touchdowns than Geno, and the same number of picks. But? Pete was uncomfortable winning that way, so we changed.

A team with no defense and limited running game changed, but this team with these backs and this defense? Geno is fine, the pass game worked early and that is what they gave us, so we stopped running the ball, threw two costly INTs, should have thrown two more, but all is good because we are 5 and 2. 6 and 1 with an MVP candidate at QB and scoring a ton of points? Bad. 5 and 2 and mediocre QB? Keep it up.

Can't make this shit up. BUT? Pete told us so, so it has to be so. Bullshit, the guy is blowing smoke up our asses because he coaches in Latte Town where no one calls him on it.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:29 pm

Not the best game for the defense, but when it mattered the most they balled out. They should've had them punting on the second-to-last possession (which actually worked out better for us), and four-and-out with minus yardage on the last possession, something the Legion Of Boom almost never did.