Seahawks @ Bengals game thread

trharder

Re: Seahawks @ Bengals game thread

Post by trharder » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:41 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:56 pm
The O-Line was absolute shit ESPECIALLY the right side with Curhan and Bradford. Didn't give Geno time to do anything.
This is true, but I don't think you'll be able to talk people off the fuck Geno cliff. :D

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:44 pm

Despite opening the game with two TD drives the Bungles had 214 yards of total offense. Our D balled out again today.

Hard to believe we have these big names in our backfield and receiving corps and these are the results we've gotten the last two games.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:15 pm

Not going to win with Geno being this Geno. I'm what I said this off season. If he regresses we are fucked. We can't run block, and most of the issue is the interior. Waldron was lost in the RedZone because we couldn't just score on dive plays. The Rams were always able to do that when he was there. Today we ran four inside rubs inside the 5 and K 9 was dancing before the handoff. But? Shane wasn't smart enough to see that?

Mother fucker, run a screen for Christ Sakes! I agree with Shane, K 9 needs the ball. But slamming your head against the wall all day to do it? Fucking stupid. This interior O Line was destroyed all game long in the run game. But we had no answer, because throwing it with Geno wasn't an option.

So, again, my answer this off season to our biggest issue? Was Geno being old Geno!

trharder

Post by trharder » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:00 pm

Brock Huard
@BrockHuard
·
2h
As amazing as the Seahawk defense was today, the Red Zone offense was as bad as I can ever remember.

No creativity or imagination. The inability to play to Geno’s strength as a play action guy. Dozens of plays and multiple opportunities, yet no production.

What a bummer

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:51 pm

That defense is starting to look like they are going to be a problem for a lot of offenses. There is a high ceiling with this group. You let them run wild and they are gonna punish some folks. A few more games together - gelling and growing while the offense figures it out - this unit could be growing into a difference maker come playoff time

maoling

Post by maoling » Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:25 am

Millikin wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:08 pm
D-train wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:07 pm
maoling wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:00 pm
I'm ready to start drinking after that shit.
Been drinking since halftime. Thankful I went to a college with a football team. :D
Seriously eat a giant bag of dicks you fucking cocksucker
I'm Joe Biden, and I endorse the preceding message.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:20 am

Michael K. wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:15 pm

Mother fucker, run a screen for Christ Sakes! I agree with Shane, K 9 needs the ball. But slamming your head against the wall all day to do it? Fucking stupid. This interior O Line was destroyed all game long in the run game.
Have you SEEN how the Seahawks run screens??? They just can't do it. It's actually pretty unbelievable how bad they are at it.

I kept thinking K9 didn't touch the ball enough, then I look at his stat line and he had 19 carries. Were every one of them dives straight up the middle?? Did they run anything outside at all? I am pretty certain there were no jet sweeps.

The blocking was just terrible today. Everybody blaming Geno, and he shares SOME of the blame, but the play calling and OL were huge factors, too.

On the bright side, the defense got gashed the first two drives, but after that were damn impressive. Clint Hurtt is starting to make me a believer. Myers nailed a 55 yard kick and Tre Brown's INT was a beautiful play. We also seem to have escaped without major injuries.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:06 am

SeattleAddict wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:20 am
Michael K. wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:15 pm

Mother fucker, run a screen for Christ Sakes! I agree with Shane, K 9 needs the ball. But slamming your head against the wall all day to do it? Fucking stupid. This interior O Line was destroyed all game long in the run game.
Have you SEEN how the Seahawks run screens??? They just can't do it. It's actually pretty unbelievable how bad they are at it.

I kept thinking K9 didn't touch the ball enough, then I look at his stat line and he had 19 carries. Were every one of them dives straight up the middle?? Did they run anything outside at all? I am pretty certain there were no jet sweeps.

The blocking was just terrible today. Everybody blaming Geno, and he shares SOME of the blame, but the play calling and OL were huge factors, too.

On the bright side, the defense got gashed the first two drives, but after that were damn impressive. Clint Hurtt is starting to make me a believer. Myers nailed a 55 yard kick and Tre Brown's INT was a beautiful play. We also seem to have escaped without major injuries.
Biggest problem I had with Geno is taking the sacks. ESPECIALLY on 4th down. How and why would you take a sack on 4th down. Just throw the ball up 100 feet in the air like a punt and at least we have a chance of coming down with it. NOTHING to lose!
dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:58 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
The Seahawks are 3-2. The season is not over.
Like it or not, Geno is the guy. I felt he let the team down in this game, but it surely wasn't all his failure.
I really don't think Lock is the answer. I just don't. The best hope is better play by Geno and the offensive play calling.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:01 pm

trharder wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:58 pm
SeattleAddict wrote:
The Seahawks are 3-2. The season is not over.
Like it or not, Geno is the guy. I felt he let the team down in this game, but it surely wasn't all his failure.
I really don't think Lock is the answer. I just don't. The best hope is better play by Geno and the offensive play calling.
I wonder what happened with the O line. Ironic they sucked so bad gived they had been holding up well in recent games and we got Cross back yesterday. Maybe it was the downgrade from Lewis to Bradford that caused a lot of the problems.
dt