Post Mortem: Seahawks v Big Easy

ThePro

Re: Post Mortem: Seahawks v Big Easy

Post by ThePro » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:37 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:34 am
All he needs to do is get the person whe handles the footballs on gameday in Phoenix to grease one up a little before a 3rd and 1 play and the job will be his! If Brady could get the balls deflated i'm sure he can pull it off.
:lol:
From what it looks like he won't need the grease.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:42 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:48 am
Thompson figured if he is going to lower our chances to win while in uniform, he might as well do it out of uniform too! Tell me again why this guys eats up a roster spot?

As for Penny, can anyone think of a first round pick that couldn't beat out a sixth round selection that has issues with fumbling?
Man, you are obsessed with being right about this. You want Penny to fails so you can say "I told you so." Penny didn't play because he strained his hamstring, so he's not going to beat him out until he's healthy. Why Penny failing is so important to you - even though it hurts the team - and despite flashes of brilliance - is just fucking bizarre to me. His success is everyone's success - but you simply hope he fails so you can be some kind of genius.

I'm not smart like you - I cannot grasp that concept - or how, exactly, Penny failing is a good thing - except for your ego. Also, please give us your entire list of hindsight draft picks and roster moves you would have made over the years. Dazzle us with your genius, please! I'll bet you'd have drafted Brady 198th, right? Judging a wildly successful team - the most successful franchise the city has seen - on the few misses (Penny isn't a miss at this point - except in the extremely narrow narratives you forge) - while dismissing the fact that the same reasoning they have used in roster building - in bringing the city two SB's and an unprecedented run of success - is utterly fucking absurd.

You're fine when risks (every single move is a risk) result in pro-bowl selections and Beastquake runs, but when they don't, this front office sucks. Sorry, you can't have it both ways. That's crazy chick thinking. No one bats 1000.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:22 pm

Schneider and Carroll have a track record of screwing up low first round picks. And if you're going to take a RB there he'd better be special. And he'd better not have problems controlling his weight or be injury prone.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:01 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:22 pm
Schneider and Carroll have a track record of screwing up low first round picks. And if you're going to take a RB there he'd better be special. And he'd better not have problems controlling his weight or be injury prone.
At least they are great at drafting D Lineman with their first pick. :shock: Bell expects Collier to continue to be a healthy scratch until Ansah or someone else gets hurt. But we ALL LOVED that pick when it was made even though he was only a starter for one year in college, considered to be raw and is a non edge rusher so we can't say anything about it. :|
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:07 pm

really..he is going to be a healthy scratch from now on until someone gets hurt? I would like to think they would get him into a game, we shall see

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:08 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:07 pm
really..he is going to be a healthy scratch from now on until someone gets hurt? I would like to think they would get him into a game, we shall see
Yeah I would as well. Just repeating what I heard from a guy that spends every day at the VMAC.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:09 pm

yea its from Bell, he said that on the radio?...

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:12 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:09 pm
yea its from Bell, he said that on the radio?...
Yep. Just heard it. I paraphrased but that is definitely the gist of what he said. I guess Collier could turn into a monster in practice today and tomorrow and change their mind but Bell will be surprised if he is on the active roster Sunday.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:35 pm

ThePro wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:07 am
Michael K. wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:48 am
Thompson figured if he is going to lower our chances to win while in uniform, he might as well do it out of uniform too! Tell me again why this guys eats up a roster spot?

As for Penny, can anyone think of a first round pick that couldn't beat out a sixth round selection that has issues with fumbling?
You're hung up on that "beat out" thing. You must have insight that none of us have. How is Penny supposed to beat Carson out? I'll wait.
So, if he is the starter and gets more touches you wouldn't think he has beat out Carson?

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:47 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:35 pm

So, if he is the starter and gets more touches you wouldn't think he has beat out Carson?
You're insinuating that because of his pick status he should have done it already and is a failure for not doing it.

And you didn't answer the question. How is he supposed to beat Carson out?