Gary Jennings cut

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Gary Jennings cut

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:51 pm

This, along with Ansah's new injury situation, increases the probability that Collier will get on the field this sunday at least. Don't know if that's a good thing though.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:13 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:51 pm
This, along with Ansah's new injury situation, increases the probability that Collier will get on the field this sunday at least. Don't know if that's a good thing though.
Bell said it would take an injury and there it is.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:33 pm

Brady Henderson
@BradyHenderson
·
6m
Pete Carroll told KIRO Radio 97.3 FM that Ziggy Ansah is expected to play Sunday at Arizona despite missing Thursday's practice with a back issue that limited him Wednesday. "We think he’s going to be OK," Carroll told Dori Monson. "It’s just something... https://es.pn/2ne5UCY
Man if Collier sits out in favor of a broken down ineffective Ziggy. Good lord.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:58 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:33 pm
Brady Henderson
@BradyHenderson
·
6m
Pete Carroll told KIRO Radio 97.3 FM that Ziggy Ansah is expected to play Sunday at Arizona despite missing Thursday's practice with a back issue that limited him Wednesday. "We think he’s going to be OK," Carroll told Dori Monson. "It’s just something... https://es.pn/2ne5UCY
Man if Collier sits out in favor of a broken down ineffective Ziggy. Good lord.
Sounds like Carroll is trying to will Ansah into being a useful entity on the field, while the reality is that he was a total non-factor last sunday and hasn't practiced all week. Yeah, that sounds like the recipe for success.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:09 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:29 am
The once promising 2019 draft class is imploding:

1 29 L. J. Collier DE 17 snaps in three games. Healthy scratch in game three and probably game 4
2 47 Marquise Blair S Blair Which injury project?
2 64 DK Metcalf WR Thank you Jesus
3 88 Cody Barton LB Turning PC into Marsha Brady with a football is his biggest accomplishment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcnrH5cXAgQ

4 120 Gary Jennings Jr. WR Cut 09/25/2019
4 124 Phil Haynes G PUP list
4 132 Ugo Amadi CB Barely has played and guys have been signed off the street to cover for him
5 142 Ben Burr-Kirven LB Burrrrr! He has been left out in the cold.
6 204 Travis Homer RB ET, Phone Homer to find out where he is.
6 209 Demarcus Christmas DT Maybe we will see him by Christmas???
7 236 John Ursua WR Ursula Andress has the same # of receptions and was way hotter.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ursula+ ... u0M:&vet=1
Condotta basically plagurizes my post.
Here’s a look at each of Seattle’s draft choices and what they’ve done so far:

Defensive end L.J. Collier: The first-round choice out of Texas Christian has played 16 snaps in one game without recording a stat and was a healthy inactive last week. That he missed most of training camp with a high ankle sprain undoubtedly stunted his progress.

Safety Marquise Blair: An preseason standout, the second-rounder battled a few injuries and, for the moment, is behind a trio of veterans (Bradley McDougald, Lano Hill and Tedric Thompson) for playing time. The promotion of Colbert also further crowds the field for snaps at safety. Blair has played four snaps on defense but has 40 on special teams.

Receiver DK Metcalf: As noted above, Metcalf is the one big contributor of this group for now.

Linebacker Cody Barton: Barton, a third-rounder, might be playing if not behind a linebacking trio that might be the best in the NFL. He played one snap last week and has 61 on special teams.

Receiver Gary Jennings: Has yet to appear in a game but is back on the roster.

Guard Phil Haynes: An early OTA standout, the fourth-rounder is on the PUP (physically unable to perform list) after having sports hernia surgery. He is eligible to return to practice Oct. 14 after the sixth game.

Defensive back Ugo Amadi: Amadi, a fourth-rounder out of Oregon, started at nickel in the opener but that job now belongs to veteran Jamar Taylor. He’s been solid on special teams. Amadi has played the second-most snaps of any rookie with 21.

Linebacker Ben Burr-Kirven: The former Huskies star taken in the fifth round has yet to play a defensive snap backing up at the inside linebacking spots. He has 61 special-teams snaps.

Running back Travis Homer: Homer, a sixth-rounder, has been active for all three game but has yet to play on offense. He has 28 special-teams snaps.

Defensive lineman Demarcus Christmas: The former Florida State star taken in the sixth round also is on the PUP list with a back issue. As Haynes, he’s eligible to return to practice following the sixth game

Receiver John Ursua: The former Hawaii star and seventh-rounder has been active for one game and has two offensive snaps.
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:25 pm

I still think this is a strong draft class. I like the young LBs but realistically who are they going to supplant in the lineup. I see then both regularly busting down there on special teams . That's good enough for me ..now.

WR is one of the tougher positions to adjust to from college to pro. Jennings and Ursua are finding that out first hand. All the things the "experts " were saying they would hamper DK is happening to the other rookies. I'm sorry but 6'4" 230 with 4.3 speed and a 41 vert isn't going to struggle . lmao

Collier is a mystery. But he is stuck behind some veterans that are hustling.. Rookie blues. Not every draft pick can be Sherman and Wilson

Hasslecracked

Post by Hasslecracked » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:00 pm

ThePro wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:25 pm
I still think this is a strong draft class. I like the young LBs but realistically who are they going to supplant in the lineup. I see then both regularly busting down there on special teams . That's good enough for me ..now.

WR is one of the tougher positions to adjust to from college to pro. Jennings and Ursua are finding that out first hand. All the things the "experts " were saying they would hamper DK is happening to the other rookies. I'm sorry but 6'4" 230 with 4.3 speed and a 41 vert isn't going to struggle . lmao

Collier is a mystery. But he is stuck behind some veterans that are hustling.. Rookie blues. Not every draft pick can be Sherman and Wilson
Wasnt Sherman benched like his first season and a half?

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:07 pm

ThePro wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:25 pm

Yeah I agree. Way too early to judge but at this point in time its thank God we drafted DK.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:18 pm

I get what you are saying...but after watching this team for three weeks do we look like a team that is so stacked with talent that no one can crack the rotation...and the first round pick is a healthy scratch?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:07 am

they played well in preseason when there was plenty of playing time, now for the most part they are behind vets, as well as being some injuries. That they are not getting a lot of playing time at the very beginning of their careers doesn't seem that surprising