Is that an option?Donn Beach wrote: ↑Sun Oct 04, 2026 12:14 amSo go get Bucky Irving and call it a day, you can find guys
Seahawks vs Chargers GT
Re: Seahawks vs Chargers GT
Re: Seahawks vs Chargers GT
True but there is ZERO evidence that it is because he only had 282 carries in college. Oh and btw he WAS the lead back all three games...Donn Beach wrote: ↑Sun Oct 04, 2026 1:38 amI did not believe you could go into an NFL season assuming a rookie with 282 total college carries would be your lead back. I said that all along. That was the debate whether it be Emmanuel Wilson or George Holani carrying the initial load. Price now hasn't been able to get through either the pre season or the regular season without soft tissue injuries.
dt
Re: Seahawks vs Chargers GT
In fact most were saying it was a good thing he had more tread on the tires. Like buying a car with 50k miles instead of 100k
dt
-
Donn Beach
- Posts: 21140
- Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am
Re: Seahawks vs Chargers GT
Tampa Bay is 0-3, I have no idea either the Seahawks or the Bucs be interested but writers are already posting possibilities. Trades will be made now that races are beginning to be sorted out. The giants came up with a QB. JS has been known to bust a move on occasion.trharder wrote: ↑Sun Oct 04, 2026 1:41 amIs that an option?Donn Beach wrote: ↑Sun Oct 04, 2026 12:14 amSo go get Bucky Irving and call it a day, you can find guys
-
Donn Beach
- Posts: 21140
- Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am
Re: Seahawks vs Chargers GT
Sure, but not at the beginning of his NFL career. Sorry but I never bought he could just breeze into the nfl with 282 college carries and be a lead back. If you want to claim its not related fine but I still stand by not counting on it. If you want I'll go find some posts. If JSMM did then that was a mistake. It really comes down to Wilson, Holani and now getting charbonnet back. The season never turned on Price to begin with in my mind
Re: Seahawks vs Chargers GT
Well not sure anyone thought the season would turn on Price but if he is out for two months or so it could. Moreso the decision to let Walker walk.
dt
Re: Seahawks vs Chargers GT
You what might have been costly last week. Bud Clark being out for the season.....
dt
-
Donn Beach
- Posts: 21140
- Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am
Re: Seahawks vs Chargers GT
It may have been a mistake not attempting to sign Walker but the decision to move on was made long before there was even contract demands. Walker said he knew it during the season. For whatever reason that had been a strategy for JS for some time. I believe its core to his approach. I just wish people move on from that. He wasn't going to continue to be a Seahawk. JS had no intention of it. My brain is wired differently. I don't dwell in the past second guessing decisions like that. I doubt JS loses sleep over his decisions and neither am I. I've said it before, reminds me of Jerry Dipoto, his sustainability deal. We will see how it works.
If it been a situation like they were in negotiations and the Chiefs stepped in at the last minute and grabbed him I would probably feel differently. There's just no "what if" about it for me. They never intended to sign him again.
Whats interesting perhaps...I felt that was going to be the situation. I thought it was pretty obvious. Up until the latter part of last season walker hadn't had a career that screamed re-signing him. I didn't expect it. It was the charbonnet injury and his later season production that began the speculation. But JS never wavered. He seemed absolutely dead set against doing it. It wasn't really a decision in the first place
If it been a situation like they were in negotiations and the Chiefs stepped in at the last minute and grabbed him I would probably feel differently. There's just no "what if" about it for me. They never intended to sign him again.
Whats interesting perhaps...I felt that was going to be the situation. I thought it was pretty obvious. Up until the latter part of last season walker hadn't had a career that screamed re-signing him. I didn't expect it. It was the charbonnet injury and his later season production that began the speculation. But JS never wavered. He seemed absolutely dead set against doing it. It wasn't really a decision in the first place
-
Michael K.
- Posts: 14738
- Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 5:27 am
Re: Seahawks vs Chargers GT
Got a couple buddies down there playing. Guys I used to play with.DavidGee24 wrote: ↑Sat Oct 03, 2026 6:01 pmPlaying ball in Vegas this weekend, National Championships. Hopefully I'll miss part of the Hawk game although after starting 3-0 we're now in the elimination bracket. Have to win 5 in a row to get the ship (57 teams) and it's HOT out here.
I'm in the back row, second from left. IMG_20261003_070406.jpg
Re: Seahawks vs Chargers GT
We saw how Jerry's sustainability plan worked this season. It didn't and he should have been fired for not achieving the ridiculously low bar he set for himself..Donn Beach wrote: ↑Sun Oct 04, 2026 2:31 amIt may have been a mistake not attempting to sign Walker but the decision to move on was made long before there was even contract demands. Walker said he knew it during the season. For whatever reason that had been a strategy for JS for some time. I believe its core to his approach. I just wish people move on from that. He wasn't going to continue to be a Seahawk. JS had no intention of it. My brain is wired differently. I don't dwell in the past second guessing decisions like that. I doubt JS loses sleep over his decisions and neither am I. I've said it before, reminds me of Jerry Dipoto, his sustainability deal. We will see how it works.
If it been a situation like they were in negotiations and the Chiefs stepped in at the last minute and grabbed him I would probably feel differently. There's just no "what if" about it for me. They never intended to sign him again.
Whats interesting perhaps...I felt that was going to be the situation. I thought it was pretty obvious. Up until the latter part of last season walker hadn't had a career that screamed re-signing him. I didn't expect it. It was the charbonnet injury and his later season production that began the speculation. But JS never wavered. He seemed absolutely dead set against doing it. It wasn't really a decision in the first place
As for JS, I am sure he isn't second guessing himself now but if we average 50 yards rushing this season and Rashid ends up with 27 catches for 257 yards and no TD returns and Walker has 1500 yards leading the Chiefs to the SB you can bet he will be second guessing himself just like he admitted he did with the Drafts from 2013 through the late teens...
Not sure how never intending to do something that would have resulted in you being a better team makes it better and excusable...
Oh you are wired differently? Thanks for sharing..we had no idea. lol
dt