Joe Mixon has signed
-
Donn Beach
- Posts: 21219
- Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am
Re: Joe Mixon has signed
He gave Marshawn. Carson, and Penny second contracts so it's not like he's never done it. Though the argument could be he grew tired of it production wise
-
Michael K.
- Posts: 14771
- Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 5:27 am
Re: Joe Mixon has signed
I don't think it's any great mystery. Walker thinks he is an every down work horse, and while he was here he showed the Hawks that the only time that is true? Is in a contract year. They didn't think they could trust him. If he had signed here? For all the reasons listed above, and because he wouldn't have had anything to prove? I think we get second and third year "I'm banged up and on the sidelines" Kenneth Walker...had we signed him.
He showed HUGE promise as a rookie....and when his contract was up and he needed paid. Otherwise? Couldn't stay on the field and didn't really produce at that level when he did.
Rookie Year
1050 yards, 9 TDs and 4.6 yards per carry
Second Year
905 yards, 8 TDs and 4.1 yards per carry
Third Year
573 Yards, 7 TDs and 3.7 yards per carry
I Need a New Contract Year
1027 Yards, 5 TDs and 4.6 yards per carry
So, you all just flat out know that in this offense, based on the above numbers....K9 would have become what he is right now had we paid him? I highly disagree. The handwriting was on the wall. And we'll see who is right in the end. The odds are he gets banged up. It happened in college and pretty much every year he played here.
He showed HUGE promise as a rookie....and when his contract was up and he needed paid. Otherwise? Couldn't stay on the field and didn't really produce at that level when he did.
Rookie Year
1050 yards, 9 TDs and 4.6 yards per carry
Second Year
905 yards, 8 TDs and 4.1 yards per carry
Third Year
573 Yards, 7 TDs and 3.7 yards per carry
I Need a New Contract Year
1027 Yards, 5 TDs and 4.6 yards per carry
So, you all just flat out know that in this offense, based on the above numbers....K9 would have become what he is right now had we paid him? I highly disagree. The handwriting was on the wall. And we'll see who is right in the end. The odds are he gets banged up. It happened in college and pretty much every year he played here.
Re: Joe Mixon has signed
Walker has now played in 65 of 75 possible games. How many RBs have played in more than 87% of games since he was drafted?
dt
Re: Joe Mixon has signed
Just saw that the Hawks were impressed at how well conditioned Mixon was. Could play a week from Thursday in Denver?
dt
-
Donn Beach
- Posts: 21219
- Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am
Re: Joe Mixon has signed
Michael K. wrote: ↑Tue Oct 06, 2026 3:15 pmI don't think it's any great mystery. Walker thinks he is an every down work horse, and while he was here he showed the Hawks that the only time that is true? Is in a contract year. They didn't think they could trust him. If he had signed here? For all the reasons listed above, and because he wouldn't have had anything to prove? I think we get second and third year "I'm banged up and on the sidelines" Kenneth Walker...had we signed him.
He showed HUGE promise as a rookie....and when his contract was up and he needed paid. Otherwise? Couldn't stay on the field and didn't really produce at that level when he did.
Rookie Year
1050 yards, 9 TDs and 4.6 yards per carry
Second Year
905 yards, 8 TDs and 4.1 yards per carry
Third Year
573 Yards, 7 TDs and 3.7 yards per carry
I Need a New Contract Year
1027 Yards, 5 TDs and 4.6 yards per carry
So, you all just flat out know that in this offense, based on the above numbers....K9 would have become what he is right now had we paid him? I highly disagree. The handwriting was on the wall. And we'll see who is right in the end. The odds are he gets banged up. It happened in college and pretty much every year he played here.
Well if Michael isn't second guessing it, JS sure as hell isn't either
Re: Joe Mixon has signed
So in 7 seasons + 3 playoff games and 4 games this season in college and Pros he missed 10 games due to injury.
dt
-
Michael K.
- Posts: 14771
- Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 5:27 am
Re: Joe Mixon has signed
Those are missed games. You think he had less than 1,000 yards in his second year, and less than 600 his third year because he was always available? You are using recency bias here, and thinking about the highly motivated K9 that needed to get paid. He did, and again, if he got paid here, do you actually believe he'd be this motivated?
It took four hundred slaps in the face, and he was STILL not ready until the $ was going to be impacted. I spent four years wondering why he didn't get more reps, and wasn't more of an every down guy. I just watched this coach in year two win a fucking Super Bowl, and watched this GM win his second with a completely different team and coaching staff. I didn't see jack shit from K9 in his years here to tell me this dude just loves to be on the field, nor do I see a reason to start thinking JS and MM don't know what they are doing. Paying him, IMO, would have been a mistake.
You are cherry picking stats. Ten missed games? I am willing to bet he left the game before that very early, so it's a shit ton closer to 20! And that doesn't count all the other times he was too dinged up to play without being on a snap count. It was constant.
Tip of the cap for what he has done the first four games. Good for him. I don't believe for a second that would have happened here, nor do I believe it will continue there!
It took four hundred slaps in the face, and he was STILL not ready until the $ was going to be impacted. I spent four years wondering why he didn't get more reps, and wasn't more of an every down guy. I just watched this coach in year two win a fucking Super Bowl, and watched this GM win his second with a completely different team and coaching staff. I didn't see jack shit from K9 in his years here to tell me this dude just loves to be on the field, nor do I see a reason to start thinking JS and MM don't know what they are doing. Paying him, IMO, would have been a mistake.
You are cherry picking stats. Ten missed games? I am willing to bet he left the game before that very early, so it's a shit ton closer to 20! And that doesn't count all the other times he was too dinged up to play without being on a snap count. It was constant.
Tip of the cap for what he has done the first four games. Good for him. I don't believe for a second that would have happened here, nor do I believe it will continue there!
Re: Joe Mixon has signed
Sure, I get that. We shall see...Michael K. wrote: ↑Tue Oct 06, 2026 5:09 pmThose are missed games. You think he had less than 1,000 yards in his second year, and less than 600 his third year because he was always available? You are using recency bias here, and thinking about the highly motivated K9 that needed to get paid. He did, and again, if he got paid here, do you actually believe he'd be this motivated?
It took four hundred slaps in the face, and he was STILL not ready until the $ was going to be impacted. I spent four years wondering why he didn't get more reps, and wasn't more of an every down guy. I just watched this coach in year two win a fucking Super Bowl, and watched this GM win his second with a completely different team and coaching staff. I didn't see jack shit from K9 in his years here to tell me this dude just loves to be on the field, nor do I see a reason to start thinking JS and MM don't know what they are doing. Paying him, IMO, would have been a mistake.
You are cherry picking stats. Ten missed games? I am willing to bet he left the game before that very early, so it's a shit ton closer to 20! And that doesn't count all the other times he was too dinged up to play without being on a snap count. It was constant.
Tip of the cap for what he has done the first four games. Good for him. I don't believe for a second that would have happened here, nor do I believe it will continue there!
dt