How to beat SF.

ThePro

Re: How to beat SF.

Post by ThePro » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:52 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:00 pm

If you say so. Every single thing I read or hear about the Patriots say otherwise. But what I will do is believe you.
Show me one thing that says Patriots change their offense and defense each week..

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:53 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:02 pm
When you watch the Patriots, can you call out the plays they are going to run based on down, distance and personnel? Because I may not watch them as much as the Hawks, but I can't...but with the Hawks? My 12 year old son tells me most of the Hawks plays before the snap. I am guess that so can opposing coordinators.

Good lord, Sam Darnold wasn't "seeing Ghosts" because he looked at the Patriot defense and recognized it base on all the tape he had watched.
Yes I can. And Romo does it ad nauseam. Sam Darnold was seeing ghosts because he sucks. Sober Johnny Manziel didn't even say something that stupid.

douche

Post by douche » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:21 pm

ThePro wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:20 pm
douche wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:07 pm

I agree that they can execute at a high level and beat anyone. And as you say, it's something they've yet to achieve.

But recalling last year's Super Bowl, McVay admitted that he did not have an answer for NE, simply because Belichik made some changes. The Patriots were showing stuff that the Rams had not seen. And as I also recall, it was mentioned that the team you see on film in September may not look the same in October or November.

Ultimately, football is a large chess game. And the way to win is to keep the other team off balance. Belichik knows this better than anyone.
What's up with all this Patriots/Belichick dick sucking on here? Here are some links where some of you can talk about your favorite team.

https://www.patsfans.com/new-england-pa ... forum.10/

https://fanclubs.patriots.com/
Well, we could discuss it, but rather than offer up a point of view, your response is to ask about the 'dick suckers' and then post Patriots links. If you were a football coach or exec, wouldn't you want to emulate the coach/team that does it best? Anything less would be unacceptable.

You say that teams don't change their schemes throughout the season. I mention that McVay admitted that he had no clue about the Patriots' approach to the Super Bowl. If so, then it would stand to reason that Belichik did change the scheme.

So when you disagree with someone or don't like what they post, you simply have a meltdown and post links to express your anger? That's sad, actually, because you seem to be quite knowledgeable about football.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:13 pm

douche wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:21 pm

Well, we could discuss it, but rather than offer up a point of view, your response is to ask about the 'dick suckers' and then post Patriots links. If you were a football coach or exec, wouldn't you want to emulate the coach/team that does it best? Anything less would be unacceptable.

You say that teams don't change their schemes throughout the season. I mention that McVay admitted that he had no clue about the Patriots' approach to the Super Bowl. If so, then it would stand to reason that Belichik did change the scheme.

So when you disagree with someone or don't like what they post, you simply have a meltdown and post links to express your anger? That's sad, actually, because you seem to be quite knowledgeable about football.
If I were Pete Carroll I wouldn't be emulating anyone. In fact Coaches from all types of sports come to watch his practices. They are legendary.

McVay's statement is vague as hell. Teams aren't changing their scheme. Sorry but they are not. Each teams has a playbook with 1000s of plays . They use different plays and formations as it relates to their opponent and game plan but no one is changing their schemes.You would confuse your own team more than it would do good.

Look at your posts. They are nearly all a reference to the Patriots or the greatness of Belichick. Beyond annoying and furthermore no matter how much you fawn over the Patriots your fantasy of becoming "Foxborough West" is not going to happen no matter how much you write.

That's some gift you have there detecting someone's temperament via text.

douche

Post by douche » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:50 pm

Scheme = blueprint = plan of action = strategy = game plan = course of action = formula = tactic = blueprint... call it what you want. When a good coach is preparing for an opponent, the approach will be (or should be) the one that maximizes the chances of success. The inability or unwillingness to stray from a game plan is a ridiculous belief in said game plan at best, sheer stubbornness at worst.

I don't fawn over the Patriots, they are simply a team that finds a way to win. And a lot of that has to do with Belichik's schemes. Or plays, if that's the term you prefer to use.

https://fansided.com/2019/02/04/super-b ... goff-rams/

The first sentence in this article written by Jason Cole states, 'New England broke out a new scheme to fool the Los Angeles’ wunderkind coach and up-and-coming quarterback on way to sixth Super Bowl title.'

Later in the article, McVay says, “I got out-coached, I didn’t do nearly enough for our football team,” McVay said from the outset and throughout his postgame press conference. “That is where it really eats at you because you feel like you didn’t do your part to help them achieve success.”

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:53 pm

I've watched our offense. If our play book has 1,000 plays we might want to use some of the 985 we currently don't utilize.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:49 pm

douche wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:50 pm
Scheme = blueprint = plan of action = strategy = game plan = course of action = formula = tactic = blueprint... call it what you want. When a good coach is preparing for an opponent, the approach will be (or should be) the one that maximizes the chances of success. The inability or unwillingness to stray from a game plan is a ridiculous belief in said game plan at best, sheer stubbornness at worst.

I don't fawn over the Patriots, they are simply a team that finds a way to win. And a lot of that has to do with Belichik's schemes. Or plays, if that's the term you prefer to use.

https://fansided.com/2019/02/04/super-b ... goff-rams/

The first sentence in this article written by Jason Cole states, 'New England broke out a new scheme to fool the Los Angeles’ wunderkind coach and up-and-coming quarterback on way to sixth Super Bowl title.'

Later in the article, McVay says, “I got out-coached, I didn’t do nearly enough for our football team,” McVay said from the outset and throughout his postgame press conference. “That is where it really eats at you because you feel like you didn’t do your part to help them achieve success.”
From the article you posted..
Specifically, the Patriots used many of the stunts and games that had been so effective through the first three quarters of their victory over Kansas City in the AFC Championship Game.

The further twist is that the Patriots then played zone defense behind those arrays of defensive line tactics. For most of the season, the Patriots had been a man-to-man defensive team. This twist caused obvious hesitation and confusion for Goff, who had thrived much of the season by reading situations and getting rid of the ball quickly.
So they didn't change their scheme. If McVay had of bothered to watch film of the AFC championship they would have been ready. Also it does3take much to confuse Jared Goff. It really doesn't.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:57 am

So, the guy that beat us twice that year, and won the NFC, wasn't smart enough to watch game film from the last game the Pat's played? If true, I dont feel good about the fact that the Rams won our division.

And they damn well better not beat us later this year.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:18 am

Michael K. wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:57 am
So, the guy that beat us twice that year, and won the NFC, wasn't smart enough to watch game film from the last game the Pat's played? If true, I dont feel good about the fact that the Rams won our division.

It seems you are too caught up with coaching and schemes.I will leave you with a popular football saying.

" It's not about the Xs and the Os. It's about the Jimmys and the Joes." It's always about personnel. Coaching and scheme can only take you so far.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:48 am

ThePro wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:18 am
Michael K. wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:57 am

It seems you are too caught up with coaching and schemes.I will leave you with a popular football saying.

" It's not about the Xs and the Os. It's about the Jimmys and the Joes." It's always about personnel. Coaching and scheme can only take you so far.
So, we are only a few points better than the Jimmy's and Joe's we played the first half? Might want to find something else to watch the second half then.

Well coached guys will beat unprepared studs. But, I guess we should just save money on our coach and hire another GM...since the coach doesn't matter?

You look at the talent we have on offense and think..."yep, three points in the 2nd half against Atlanta makes sense!"? I think Petey crippled Jimmy and Joe!