Parkinson

Michael K.

Re: Parkinson

Post by Michael K. » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:12 pm

KingCorran wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:32 pm
Parkinson is my favorite pick by Seattle in this draft. But then again, I *am* a Stanford fan.

Still.
Honestly? I like it too. I was shocked at first, but not the more I learned about the pick. NOW, taking away his best ability because we feel the tall athletic TE we drafted needs to put on weight? That doesn't have me super excited.

KingCorran

Post by KingCorran » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:50 pm

:D
D-train wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:17 pm
KingCorran wrote:
Parkinson is my favorite pick by Seattle in this draft. But then again, I *am* a Stanford fan.

Still.
Hopefully the opposing team's LBs and DBs will feel like they have Parkinson's disease when trying to cover him.

KingCorran

Post by KingCorran » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:51 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:12 pm
KingCorran wrote:

Still.
Honestly? I like it too. I was shocked at first, but not the more I learned about the pick. NOW, taking away his best ability because we feel the tall athletic TE we drafted needs to put on weight? That doesn't have me super excited.
Let's hope something was lost in translation here.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:24 pm

KingCorran wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:51 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:12 pm
KingCorran wrote:

Still.
Let's hope something was lost in translation here.
PC was clear. He want's him to "Beef up" so he can be a better blocker.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:37 am

DK beefed up didn't he, didn't seem to damage him

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:53 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:37 am
DK beefed up didn't he, didn't seem to damage him
Not while he was playing football. Apparently he only got up to 245 lbs around the time that photo was taken, even though (to my eyes) he looked more like 270. :? :lol:

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:05 am

depends on how you define "beef up" doesn't it, doubt PC meant he want's him to get fatter

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:08 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:05 am
depends on how you define "beef up" doesn't it, doubt PC meant he want's him to get fatter
Have you ever been an athlete, in the kind of shape these guys are in and just decided...."gonna add muscle now." Then, let's do that during a quarantine state where this kid fresh out of college is apparently going to "bulk up" on his own without the luxury of the team meals or weight room. Fucking genius. It was a stupid statement, and takes me right back to watching Jimmy Graham with his hand in the dirt looking like as out of place as any football player I've seen. But, that is the way Pete wants to play, so regardless of what the player is good at, let's change them.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:14 am

Would be like the Colts coach saying..."we love Jacob Eason...big strong guy with a cannon for an arm. But we like mobile guys, so we are gonna lean him up some and see if he runs better."

Jesus, once again, adding weight to a pass catcher is probably not going to improve his pass catching. Let's make a bad blocker below average...and in the process make a good pass catcher average.

Good God. This man won't be happy until we play 10 O Lineman and run QB draw every down!

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:23 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:14 am
Would be like the Colts coach saying..."we love Jacob Eason...big strong guy with a cannon for an arm. But we like mobile guys, so we are gonna lean him up some and see if he runs better."

Jesus, once again, adding weight to a pass catcher is probably not going to improve his pass catching. Let's make a bad blocker below average...and in the process make a good pass catcher average.

Good God. This man won't be happy until we play 10 O Lineman and run QB draw every down!
I disagree. Not a good analogy. Parkinson becoming a better blocker will make him a better TE. The more he blocks it will help with his releases. It will make it harder for defenses to do their pre snap reads if they don't know if he's going to block or run a route.

My problem with it is if they need him to bulk up. Why the F did you draft him?