Dunbar's in the pokey

ThePro

Re: Dunbar's in the pokey

Post by ThePro » Sun May 17, 2020 3:39 pm

I prefer hoosegow
It's a fine old American slang term for a jail, still widely known today. ... The word is from Mexican Spanish juzgao, a jail, which came from juzgado for a tribunal or courtroom. It shifted to mean a jail because the two were often in the same building (and the path from the one to the other was often swift and certain).Jan 30, 2010

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun May 17, 2020 3:50 pm

In terms of Dunbar, that is a tough one. I think i will stick with my last hypothesis, its a beef among friends and acquaintances. They could be trying to dial it down now but the cops are not going to be interested in that, particularly with a gun involved i bet. The thing is its not really up to them, its the state that has charged him. Like I said, I have had some experience with this sort of thing. I reported my car stolen, and the pair were dumb enough to get caught in it. I had one conversation with the prosecutor, told him i really didn't want to press charges, he told me he didn't give a shit, it wasn't up to me. That was the last contact i had over it, they both went to prison. Of course in this case they need witnesses, so if they the victims really are not going to cooperate there isn't a case. But the police are not going to be happy with that, that get messy too i would think. I don't think it quietly goes away, so then how does the NFL deal with it, probably be remarkable if he comes out of it without even a suspension

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun May 17, 2020 3:58 pm

dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun May 17, 2020 4:03 pm

yeah, the state isn't going to just roll over and go away

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun May 17, 2020 4:10 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 4:03 pm
I wonder if his attorney got to all the key witnesses or if there are still some sticking to their original story. That will be the key to the whole thing. With zero witnesses they have to drop the charges.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun May 17, 2020 4:21 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 4:10 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 4:03 pm
I wonder if his attorney got to all the key witnesses or if there are still some sticking to their original story. That will be the key to the whole thing. With zero witnesses they have to drop the charges.
Couldn't these witnesses be charged with giving false reports to the police if they now reverse their stories? Things could get complicated here.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun May 17, 2020 4:25 pm

the way they talk about it sounds to me there are only five witnesses, that it took place in a room at the party probably with just those participants involved. Sure, if they really have changed their story then no case. But now the police get another shot at them. They are going to investigate why they all decided to change their stories. If it comes out that Dunbar has been in communication that could be another crime, witness tampering. The police really do frown on this sort of stuff, its bad for business

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun May 17, 2020 4:31 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 6:14 am
I had a situation like that once, my car was stolen by a couple of acquaintances. I was somewhat conflicted over calling the police. I could see that being the situation here...
I take it these people were not friends? Did they steal the key or hotwire it lol?

I'm also curious did DW pursue charges when his vehicle was stolen or did the prosecutor tell him he didn't care also.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun May 17, 2020 4:47 pm

more, friends of friends, I knew one of the guys, but he wasn't a friend. We are talking serious knuckleheads. They were over at the house, took the keys, i was on the phone if i remember correctly.

maoling

Post by maoling » Sun May 17, 2020 5:27 pm

People are asking what is around Grieco's neck.

Is it a wheel lock or tire boot of some kind?

Oh...it's his Covid mask I guess. The other jarhead that they cut to wasn't wearing one. Good place to wear your pandemic mask -- on your shoulder. That might keep his armpit from getting sick. :roll: