Another writer plagiarizing the forum

Michael K.

Re: Another writer plagiarizing the forum

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:05 pm

57reasons wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:57 am

apples and peanuts. anything after the first whistle blows is fair game. and earlier sure, just be fair to include the caveat. btw i agree with y'all in my disappointment at the apparent miss on landing a half-way decent tackle, though i do think Schell is an upgrade - i think i'd be happier with most of my mocks on the simulator.
It actually is an apt description. You are talking about what we don't know, what else MIGHT happen this off season. There is zero reason a reporter can't talk about what already has happened. Otherwise? No one should report anything about the Hawks from the day after they play their last game until the day before they play their next game. Because we don't know what else might happen?

No one thinks the off season is over. There are just some of us that feel so far they have flat out blown an opportunity.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:14 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:05 pm
57reasons wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:57 am

apples and peanuts. anything after the first whistle blows is fair game. and earlier sure, just be fair to include the caveat. btw i agree with y'all in my disappointment at the apparent miss on landing a half-way decent tackle, though i do think Schell is an upgrade - i think i'd be happier with most of my mocks on the simulator.
It actually is an apt description. You are talking about what we don't know, what else MIGHT happen this off season. There is zero reason a reporter can't talk about what already has happened. Otherwise? No one should report anything about the Hawks from the day after they play their last game until the day before they play their next game. Because we don't know what else might happen?

No one thinks the off season is over. There are just some of us that feel so far they have flat out blown an opportunity.
Its like being voraciously hungry and taking a mile walk down the Las Vegas strip walking past 57 four and five star restaurants and when you are a hundred yards from the end saying hey there is still a KFC, a McDonald's and a Taco Bell down here we could eat at.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:22 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:14 pm

Its like being voraciously hungry and taking a mile walk down the Las Vegas strip walking past 57 four and five star restaurants and when you are a hundred yards from the end saying hey there is still a KFC, a McDonald's and a Taco Bell down here we could eat at.
Not to mention, what do you think we would be talking about right now if it was us that traded next to nothing for Hopkins and added a stud RT!? This place would be going nuts about how we are Super Bowl bound. Pretty sure if at that point someone said "not so fast, the off season isn't over yet" they would be tarred and feathered!

There is absolutely no way that talking about the off season up to this point isn't relevant.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:35 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:22 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:14 pm

Not to mention, what do you think we would be talking about right now if it was us that traded next to nothing for Hopkins and added a stud RT!? This place would be going nuts about how we are Super Bowl bound. Pretty sure if at that point someone said "not so fast, the off season isn't over yet" they would be tarred and feathered!

There is absolutely no way that talking about the off season up to this point isn't relevant.
Yeah I doubt would be all warning each other, "Don't judge the off season yet, we can still screw this up"!
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:38 am

Exactly. The double standard blows me away. Most of the people that report on our local teams might as well be employees! Just about everything I read locally looks like it was a fan letter from a 14 year old girl to Justin Bieber!

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:41 am

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:38 am
Exactly. The double standard blows me away. Most of the people that report on our local teams might as well be employees! Just about everything I read locally looks like it was a fan letter from a 14 year old girl to Justin Bieber!
Most still go with, "hard to argue with their track record of success with the draft."
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:02 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:41 am

Most still go with, "hard to argue with their track record of success with the draft."
To that I always ask what if we didn't punt the first pick every year, and list the first player choses in each draft since ET. Bruce Irvin, James Carpenter and Germain Ifedi are the headliners. Over THAT period of time...the best three never got offered a second contract. Before Griffen made the Pro Bowl as an alternate, we had only drafted two Pro Bowlers since Russ, I believe. One was a punter, the other a punt returner. Yep, what a track record.

If my boss was giving me crap about my performance, I doubt I could point to what I did in 2012 (draft Russ Wilson) or 2014 (Super Bowl) and save my job. This regime? They point to the one ring and drafting Russ and Wagner, and all is forgotten.

I heard Wyman say on the radio last night that he isn't sure what surprises him more. When a first round pick is a bust, or when a rookie FA is a hit. What a damn hypocrite. All those jokers do is tell us how great every Seahawk pick is, yet....

Yep, we've had it pretty good. Imagine how damn good it would have been? I will never forget this run, but it won't always be for the best reasons.