Ziggy!!!

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Ziggy!!!

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat May 11, 2019 7:45 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 2:40 pm
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 5:10 pm
Come on, that's no more a medical assessment than what Schefter reported. It could easily just be the usual Carroll sunny optimistic spiel or something genrrated by the PR staff.
Ok you are right. They just like flushing 9 mil down the toilet on a guy they know will miss half the season.
Alright, i'm just trying to lower my expectations so if he does miss some time it won't be such a disappointment. It just seems to be the rule in Seattle sports that if it can go wrong, it will (2013 notwithstanding).

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat May 11, 2019 7:47 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 6:45 pm
Fascinating saga
Enter Ansah. His back story is a compelling one. Ansah was born and raised in the West African nation of Ghana, where he played soccer and learned to love basketball on courts provided by the foundation of former NFL and BYU quarterback Steve Young. Eventually, he joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Ghana and earned an academic scholarship to BYU.

Ansah’s dream was to play basketball and star in the NBA, but twice he was cut from the squad at BYU after trying out. Instead, he walked on to the track team as an incongruous, hulky sprinter. A coach recommended he give football a try. Ansah had never played football and barely knew anything about the sport; all he knew came from watching a few BYU games from the stands. But coach Bronco Mendenhall gave him a shot.

ADVERTISING

The stories are legendary at BYU, about how Ansah went from having to be shown how to put on pads and barely surviving the rugged practices to becoming a defensive stalwart to being a first-round NFL draft pick, all in three years.

“He’s made the fastest ascent that I’ve ever heard of or seen or even believed was possible, in going from not having played the game to being a first-round draft pick,” Mendenhall told the Detroit Free Press.
That gives me hope that Fant may make a leap of progress and wrestle the RT job from Ifedi this year.
Last edited by Sibelius Hindemith on Sat May 11, 2019 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat May 11, 2019 7:48 pm

Sat May 11, 2019 7:45 pm
D-train wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 2:40 pm
Fri May 10, 2019 5:10 pm
Come on, that's no more a medical assessment than what Schefter reported. It could easily just be the usual Carroll sunny optimistic spiel or something genrrated by the PR staff.
Ok you are right. They just like flushing 9 mil down the toilet on a guy they know will miss half the season.
Alright, i'm just trying to lower my expectations so if he does miss some time it won't be such a disappointment. It just seems to be the rule in Seattle sports that if it can go wrong, it will (2013 notwithstanding).
If it was Dipoto or Servais saying he will be ready for opening day, I would start making funeral arrangements for him. :)
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat May 11, 2019 7:50 pm

Sat May 11, 2019 7:47 pm
D-train wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 6:45 pm
Fascinating saga
Enter Ansah. His back story is a compelling one. Ansah was born and raised in the West African nation of Ghana, where he played soccer and learned to love basketball on courts provided by the foundation of former NFL and BYU quarterback Steve Young. Eventually, he joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Ghana and earned an academic scholarship to BYU.

Ansah’s dream was to play basketball and star in the NBA, but twice he was cut from the squad at BYU after trying out. Instead, he walked on to the track team as an incongruous, hulky sprinter. A coach recommended he give football a try. Ansah had never played football and barely knew anything about the sport; all he knew came from watching a few BYU games from the stands. But coach Bronco Mendenhall gave him a shot.

ADVERTISING

The stories are legendary at BYU, about how Ansah went from having to be shown how to put on pads and barely surviving the rugged practices to becoming a defensive stalwart to being a first-round NFL draft pick, all in three years.

“He’s made the fastest ascent that I’ve ever heard of or seen or even believed was possible, in going from not having played the game to being a first-round draft pick,” Mendenhall told the Detroit Free Press.
That gives me hope that Fant may make a leap of progress and wrestle the RT job from Ifedi this year.
It also tells you that football is a sport where you can succeed just by being a good athlete. No way in hell a baseball or basketball player could go from not knowing how to put a uniform on to being a first round pick in three years. I bet if you asked every MLB player when they started playing baseball the oldest age given would be about 8.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat May 11, 2019 7:58 pm

That's true. That's why the NFL combine has some value while the NBA combine is a joke and MLB doesn't even bother.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Wed May 15, 2019 9:47 pm