Andrew Luck Retiring?

ThePro

Re: Andrew Luck Retiring?

Post by ThePro » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:43 am

auroraave wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:12 am
Just heard a report the Colts have signed Kaepernick. Seriously. $8 Mill. Saw it in a tweet - maybe Ian Rappaport - but I cannot confirm accuracy.

I wonder if he'll protest Indy's all-white unis :P
Where did you see this Sean Hannity?

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:07 am

auroraave wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:11 am
Michael K. wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:02 pm
Makes what Russell has done that much more impressive. Many are blaming the Colts O Line....Wilson's was worse!
Wilson ran a run-heavy offense with Marshawn Lynch - Luck ran a pass-heavy offense with no run game or offensive line. He was under duress far more than Wilson. Luck had no defense to rely on to get the ball back either. The Colts had nothing but Luck - Seattle had RW - a run game, and the league's best defense. Not sure that's a fair comparison.
He is talking about durability.

RW was sacked 299 times and ran 645 times so he was tackled 944 times.
Luck was sacked 174 times and ran 332 times for a total of 506 times.

You could probably argue that Luck was hit right after he threw more often than Wilson but I doubt it was a huge difference. Certainly not enough to make up for the 438 more times RW was tackled.

No idea how having a better D which means having the ball in your hands more often lessens the more durable argument.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:09 am

ThePro wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:43 am
auroraave wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:12 am
Just heard a report the Colts have signed Kaepernick. Seriously. $8 Mill. Saw it in a tweet - maybe Ian Rappaport - but I cannot confirm accuracy.

Where did you see this Sean Hannity?
Its bogus:

https://twitter.com/DocMcCockiner/statu ... 5043107840
dt

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:46 am

auroraave wrote:
Michael K. wrote:
Makes what Russell has done that much more impressive. Many are blaming the Colts O Line....Wilson's was worse!
Wilson ran a run-heavy offense with Marshawn Lynch - Luck ran a pass-heavy offense with no run game or offensive line. He was under duress far more than Wilson. Luck had no defense to rely on to get the ball back either. The Colts had nothing but Luck - Seattle had RW - a run game, and the league's best defense. Not sure that's a fair comparison.
Yes, they had a run-heavy offense that could barely pass block, then Lynch retired and every half-way decent OL walked away either in trade (Unger) or FA (Okung, Breno, Sweezy and Carpenter). and thanks to the stunning misguidance of Cable, the org then proceeded to field one of the ABSOLUTE worst OL's in NFL history prior to trading for Brown and finally ditching Cable, but not before getting Russell's leg broken (which he played thru). how soon we forget.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:50 am

57reasons wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:46 am
auroraave wrote:
Michael K. wrote:
Yes, they had a run-heavy offense that could barely pass block, then Lynch retired and every half-way decent OL walked away either in trade (Unger) or FA (Okung, Breno, Sweezy and Carpenter). and thanks to the stunning misguidance of Cable, the org then proceeded to field one of the ABSOLUTE worst OL's in NFL history prior to trading for Brown and finally ditching Cable, but not before getting Russell's leg broken (which he played thru). how soon we forget.
But Luck had a bad defense so not a fair comparison. :? :roll:
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:28 am

In pass-heavy offenses, defenses can go after the QB with greater abandon. Plus, Luck wasn't all that mobile. He needed a better pass-blocking line than Wilson for those two reasons.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:29 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:28 am
In pass-heavy offenses, defenses can go after the QB with greater abandon. Plus, Luck wasn't all that mobile. He needed a better pass-blocking line than Wilson for those two reasons.
And he obviously had one.
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:52 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:50 am

But Luck had a bad defense so not a fair comparison. :? :roll:
Luck had a "bad" top 10 defense in '13, '14, '15 and '18

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:15 pm

auroraave » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:12 am

Well I was dead wrong about this. Can't believe I was duped by the internet! :P

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:30 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:29 am
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:28 am
And he obviously had one.
And how many more times did Luck drop back to pass? 100? 200? 300? wasn't Luck top five in passing last year behind one of the worst lines?

My entire point is that is not about Luck versus Wilson, although so many fragile fans need to make it about that. it's about how much better the Seahawk franchise is than the Colts - from the top down.
Makes what Russell has done that much more impressive.
I do not interpret that as a durability statement, but a wins statement. Again, Wilson was surrounded by a better all around team - Luck had nothing around him and no Carson to lean on - all while dropping back hundreds more times than Wilson. It's not a knock on Wilson, it doesn't diminish Wilson's success, it shows how much better the Seahawks franchise is. Jesus, the thin skins on here. And for those that want to make it about the stats - isn't being a top five passer behind the worst line the most important stat? And Indianapolis has had one of the worst defensive teams over the last few years. Cherry picking the few times they were decent dos not dismiss the bottom five finishes they usually had - not to mention the consistently bottom feeding rushing attack - meaning Luck had to completely carry the team year after year - because the Colts are just a shitty franchise. But I understand that anything other than blind Wilson worship is taboo around here. Luck's accomplishments to NOT diminish Wilson's,l and vice versa. They're both legendary. It's not a fucking zero sum game.