Roster moves

ThePro

Re: Roster moves

Post by ThePro » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:17 pm

Oso Dorado wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:52 pm

As part of the impact from the Jadeveon Clowney trade, the #Seahawks are expected to release starting WR Jaron Brown, a cap casualty, source said. They need to fit in Clowney’s tag.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 31, 2019
I would not have expected that. We don't have a lot of receivers for Cincinnati.
David Moore is hurt. Brown is gone... what does that tell you?

Metcalf is that good...enjoy

Oso Dorado

Post by Oso Dorado » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:26 pm

I'm still waiting to see the rest of the cuts. I guess Jennings stays, or maybe even Wright.
Perhaps we keep one more RB and use him as a receiver at times. Prossise or Homer could fill that role.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:29 pm

Oso Dorado wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:52 pm

As part of the impact from the Jadeveon Clowney trade, the #Seahawks are expected to release starting WR Jaron Brown, a cap casualty, source said. They need to fit in Clowney’s tag.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 31, 2019
I would not have expected that. We don't have a lot of receivers for Cincinnati.
I don't get it. Didn't trading Mingo give them an extra $4 mil in cap space, and they already had $20 mil. So why would they need to cut anyone to fit Clowney's $16 mil under the cap?

Oso Dorado

Post by Oso Dorado » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:33 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:29 pm

I don't get it. Didn't trading Mingo give them an extra $4 mil in cap space, and they already had $20 mil. So why would they need to cut anyone to fit Clowney's $16 mil under the cap?
My theory would be that they are targeting someone after roster cuts. I saw that Luke Willson got got, for instance, but I think they might be looking somewhere else.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:41 pm

Oso Dorado wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:33 pm

My theory would be that they are targeting someone after roster cuts. I saw that Luke Willson got got, for instance, but I think they might be looking somewhere else.
There is no one this late that you would want to target to consider a starter. What this tells me is they have a clear cut #1 (for now) And Metcalf is a star.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:11 pm

dont understand cutting Jamar Taylor - thought he had beaten out King for the nickel corner. saw they signed someone else's corner - guessing he is a nickel?
also - kept Dickson over Hollister? too many drops i guess.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:13 pm

ThePro wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:41 pm
Oso Dorado wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:33 pm

There is no one this late that you would want to target to consider a starter. What this tells me is they have a clear cut #1 (for now) And Metcalf is a star.
You're getting a little carried away there on DK. He's going to struggle for a while because of all the new things he's being asked to do. There's going to be a learning curve, and in the meantime they need to have some depth at WR.

Also, why do you think they would need to clear additional cap space by cutting Brown, or do you think they cut him because they think Jennings (or someone else) has more to offer?

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:14 pm

57reasons wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:11 pm
dont understand cutting Jamar Taylor - thought he had beaten out King for the nickel corner. saw they signed someone else's corner - guessing he is a nickel?
also - kept Dickson over Hollister? too many drops i guess.
Now watch New England scoop Hollister back up. :roll:

Hanjag

Post by Hanjag » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:17 pm

Receiver is a strange situation right now. Jaron Brown being a cap casualty, Moore is injured for how long? I really like 3 remaining guys Tyler L, DK "Bigplay" Metcalf, and new Dougy doug Ursua.
I guess if JD McKissick, or Prosice make it they could run routes.

I was also a bit shocked that the guy they got from the Pats was cut, TE Jacob Hollister.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:21 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:13 pm

You're getting a little carried away there on DK. He's going to struggle for a while because of all the new things he's being asked to do. There's going to be a learning curve, and in the meantime they need to have some depth at WR.

Also, why do you think they would need to clear additional cap space by cutting Brown, or do you think they cut him because they think Jennings (or someone else) has more to offer?
And you know he's going to struggle based on? The writing is on the wall. They cut Brown, Moore is out. So who is going play WR? Why would Hawks make decisions like this?
Let me tell you something.. 6'4" 230 41 vert and 4.3 doesn't struggle.