End of an Era - Hawks release Baldwin and Chancellor

D-train

Re: End of an Era - Hawks release Baldwin and Chancellor

Post by D-train » Mon May 13, 2019 9:29 pm

You weren't the only one that noticed.........

https://twitter.com/710ESPNSeattle/stat ... 7455225856
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue May 14, 2019 8:04 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:29 pm
You weren't the only one that noticed.........

https://twitter.com/710ESPNSeattle/stat ... 7455225856
Wassel is an odd little dude. No one is saying he owes anyone anything....Doug can say and do anything he wants, as he often does. That also means I have the right to not like it. You point out Bevell, yet not Pete, and point out a CB no longer on the team, but not the QB that threw you the ball? If I am not mistaken I heard he pointed out Captain Muderlin, or what ever his freaking name is. Russell takes him on a trip to Hawaii, and isn't black enough and is a phony, yet Beastmode gives him a freaking $40 backpack and is the greatest team mate ever? One refused to get on the bus to play a playoff game, and the other plays with damn near his entire lower body destroyed.

So, yes, Tom Wassel is correct, he doesn't owe anyone anything. That doesn't mean he doesn't look like a spoiled little baby getting in one more shot. Or, am I somehow missing the fact that it wasn't John and Pete that gave him a shot with this team, it was Dary Bevell and Richard Sherman?

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 14, 2019 8:08 pm

Salk had similar comments this morning. Hopefully he can overcome that giant chip on his shoulder to somehow enjoy the hard knock life he has to face as an unemployed 30 yo millionaire.
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Wed May 15, 2019 2:16 am

To his defense.. Baldwin can reminisce about whomever he wants. However I thought it was chicken**** How are you gonna mention Bevell and T-Jack but not Carroll and Wilson? Didn't care for it IMO

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 15, 2019 2:17 am

ThePro wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 2:16 am
To his defense.. Baldwin can reminisce about whomever he wants. However I thought it was chicken**** How are you gonna mention Bevell and T-Jack but not Carroll and Wilson? Didn't care for it IMO
Welcome to the new Forum! What in the hell took you so long? :)
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Wed May 15, 2019 2:22 am

Skeptical and cautious...lol Right or wrong

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed May 15, 2019 4:59 pm

ThePro wrote:
My thoughts exactly.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 15, 2019 5:23 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 4:59 pm
ThePro wrote:
My thoughts exactly.
If he didn't mention Bevell and T-Jack it could be construed as an odd oversight to not mention PC and RW but since he did, it is a blatant slam on PC and RW.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed May 15, 2019 5:57 pm

I just don't get it, the QB who lead them to 7 and 9 and the guy that called a slant on 2nd and goal from the one and decided the best receiver for that play was the gunner on the punt team....those guys get a shout out? Richard Sherman blasts the entire organization on his way out of town, and he gets a shout out? Marshawn gave up a freaking backpack so Doug goes on and on last off season about it. Forget the fact that he refused to play one playoff game, was dreadful in the next, retired and watched us have to pull guys off the street to play RB for an entire season before deciding he would play again, but only for Oakland!? The guys Doug loves strike me as far more than odd!

He can say, do and act how ever he wants. It is just very rare that I enjoy the shit that he does off the field. Very smart guy, I love listening to him in an interview....but his ire towards the Brock and Salk show was odd. I mean, how dare they point out that he seems to throw Russ under the bus at every turn? If you don't like people calling you out for your actions? Maybe you should change your actions? Or, shut up and take the criticism, especially when it is deserved.

One of my least favorite Doug moments wasn't even him crapping out the football, like a complete moron. It was two weeks earlier. The WRs had absolutely sucked for three quarters. I realize Russ threw several INTs, but how many of them bounced off one of our mediocre WRs? We got back in that game with a fake FG, onside kick, and Russ and Beastmode gashing them in the read option. Yes, that is right, Doug's buddy Bevell waited until the game was damn near out of hand to realize that the Packers hadn't stopped the read option for three years! We came in that game slinging the ball all over, even though the Packers couldn't have stopped one of the Military academies rushing attacks! Two really disgusting offensive play calling games back to back by Doug's buddy Daryl.

Then, Green Bay marches right down the field to tie the game on the LOB, and we go OT. What happens? We get a first down, and Green Bay realizes they can't stop the run so they go zero coverage....with outside leverage. Kearse runs a go and Russ lays it inside to Kearse beautifully....and instead of celebrating, Doug goes all ADB and calls out Deon Sanders for calling them "all right". Guess what Doug? For three plus quarters you were WORSE than "all right". Shut up dude.