Should we be worried about Geno's play?

Michael K.

Re: Should we be worried about Geno's play?

Post by Michael K. » Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:49 am

Nwadventure wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:20 pm
Gotta say I wasn't too excited to see him back into the game after the injury- Lock seemed to be more in-tune with the offense.
He also didn’t play that well after the injury. I’m curious if Pete just doesn’t trust Lock to not make a huge mistake? A stupid turnover or something similar was the only way the Giants had a chance last night.

maoling

Post by maoling » Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:15 am

Hmmm, no I think Geno is doing fine except for that ugly Rams game, when everyone was ugly. He's not making many mistakes and working with a lot of different pieces on the O-Line lately with injuries.

Not a good first quarter last night, but the Zebras were completely disrupting the game with flags. Dinged a little when he got rolled on out of bounds. Hawks' offense only had TOP of 24 minutes last night. Too early for worry I think, this is still a work in progress on offense and defense.

I'm thinking the Bungholes road game after the bye is going to give us a lot more insight into Geno's leadership and our chances this year.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:10 am

maoling wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:15 am
Hmmm, no I think Geno is doing fine except for that ugly Rams game, when everyone was ugly. He's not making many mistakes and working with a lot of different pieces on the O-Line lately with injuries.

Not a good first quarter last night, but the Zebras were completely disrupting the game with flags. Dinged a little when he got rolled on out of bounds. Hawks' offense only had TOP of 24 minutes last night. Too early for worry I think, this is still a work in progress on offense and defense.

I'm thinking the Bungholes road game after the bye is going to give us a lot more insight into Geno's leadership and our chances this year.
True, and not something I gave enough credence to in my original post. He did start behind the sticks a lot which was not his doing.

I still struggle w. a bit of his indecision and would like to see him play a little bit more loose like he did at times last year.

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:01 am

He had some hot and cold streaks last year, and two games in the 300 yard range this year already. I'm not too worried about him especially if we get the run game clicking a little better. Geno has never been a QB with great anticipation or exceptional vision, but he does a pretty good job at delivering dimes when he sees an open target.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:04 pm

for those that only look at stat lines to determine whether somebody is good or bad, here is somebody that actually knows about football's interpretation of Geno's play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BUqcVzvyDw

trharder

Post by trharder » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:25 am

SeattleAddict wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:04 pm
for those that only look at stat lines to determine whether somebody is good or bad, here is somebody that actually knows about football's interpretation of Geno's play:
Good video.
Other than seeing some Geno footage, my main reminder is how dependable DK has become. After the melt down in the first game,DK has also been level headed. Geno has no hesitation to throw a bullet to DK in traffic. I think this is going to be DK's best year.

maoling

Post by maoling » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:38 am

SeattleAddict wrote:

Murph loves him and backs it up with diagrams.

I have to go back through it and find where he called one guy community pussy lol.

Eat at Geno's.

trharder

Post by trharder » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:51 am

maoling wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:38 am
SeattleAddict wrote:

I have to go back through it and find where he called one guy community pussy lol.

Eat at Geno's.
He also said "My (JSN's Last name)" lol

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:15 am

maoling wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:38 am
SeattleAddict wrote:

Eat at Geno's.
yeah I think he called somebody else community pussy this week... maybe Curhan for getting owned by Thibodeaux? The original was a CB, I think Jackson in the preseason.

I like his videos because his analysis is good, his humor is better, and he doesn't sugar coat stuff - he points out good play and bad.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:55 pm

BUMP