Well, at least one of our teams does something at the trade dealine!

Michael K.

Re: Well, at least one of our teams does something at the trade dealine!

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:12 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:10 pm

He has like 40 for his career, and 11.5 a few years ago. I would imagine some guys get to pad their stats when their team is leading and the other team has to throw. Meanwhile, the Giants' opponents are just having a barbecue and beer on the sideline while their backups run out the clock.
Excellent point. You can't exactly pin your ears back and rush, especially on the interior, when you are always down multiple scores the majority of the game.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:18 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:24 pm
Do the Seahawks use two DTs in their formations very often? Just wondering.
not really a direct answer to this. Most of their guys are 3-tech/5-tech type guys, so sort of DEs, sort of DTs. Even Jarran Reed is listed as a DE. The only actual DTs are Myles Adams and Cam Young (what happened to him anyway... haven't heard his name for a month??), but Reed, Jones, and Edwards all kinda play DT, they move guys around a lot, which is why they like versatile guys.

I think the true spirit of your question is whether they play two guys on the interior, and they do about half of the time. I tried to look up exact stats, but couldn't find it. I think I remember seeing it was like 45% 3-4, 40% 4-3, 15% other or something (don't quote me). Plus you have Adams basically playing LB so how can you even tell what they're running?

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:19 pm

Williams was a Giants team captain who earned the nickname Big Cat.

Here are some recent highlights of him swallowing up QBs and RBs while lining up in the 3 and 5 tech. Williams is 12th in Win% this season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Qm9ekOzDg

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:28 pm

top billin' on Williams. Murf knows football AND lives in Jersey, so he knows the Jets and Giants very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTK4MZXXOLI

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:42 pm

one more note that adds value to this trade... if he signs elsewhere in the off-season, we should get a compensatory pick, probably a 4th rounder or better.

I'm stoked about this trade. Leonard Williams is a stud, and suddenly our defense is crazy deep. D. Jones, Reed, Edwards and Williams is a top-tier D-line, with Mafe having a Pro-Bowl caliber season, too? Pair that with BWags and Brooks and the best secondary in the NFL?

Damn.

Absolutely crazy the way they flipped the roster from pre-2022 season, where just about everybody had us as close to the worst team in the league.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:48 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:28 pm
top billin' on Williams. Murf knows football AND lives in Jersey, so he knows the Jets and Giants very well.

Love it. Big move on our parts, IMO.

The only thing that scares me is this is EXACTLY how excited I was about Sheldon Richardson. LOL

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:01 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:48 pm
SeattleAddict wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:28 pm

Love it. Big move on our parts, IMO.

The only thing that scares me is this is EXACTLY how excited I was about Sheldon Richardson. LOL
I was thinking about how similar this trade is to Sheldon Richardson. I don't care. I'm excited. Not only because he's a beast, but also it shows the Seahawks aren't fucking around. They are going for it. Whether it works out or not we'll see.. but if we go down, we're sure AF going down swinging.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:18 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:18 pm
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:24 pm
Do the Seahawks use two DTs in their formations very often? Just wondering.
not really a direct answer to this. Most of their guys are 3-tech/5-tech type guys, so sort of DEs, sort of DTs. Even Jarran Reed is listed as a DE. The only actual DTs are Myles Adams and Cam Young (what happened to him anyway... haven't heard his name for a month??), but Reed, Jones, and Edwards all kinda play DT, they move guys around a lot, which is why they like versatile guys.

I think the true spirit of your question is whether they play two guys on the interior, and they do about half of the time. I tried to look up exact stats, but couldn't find it. I think I remember seeing it was like 45% 3-4, 40% 4-3, 15% other or something (don't quote me). Plus you have Adams basically playing LB so how can you even tell what they're running?
Young played 16 snaps yesterday only 21%

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/17 ... 53/photo/2[/tweet]
dt

roosevelt

Post by roosevelt » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:28 pm

Reminds me of a "Denver Broncos' style trade.

This guy is on the downhill side of his career. The Seahawks aren't a contender this year. Is this guy needed on a 3 man front line?
The QB. is underwhelming. Hope Pete isn't about going all out THIS year.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:33 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:18 pm

Young played 16 snaps yesterday only 21%
can't be a good sign if the stud rookie you drafted to shore up the weak spot in your defense gets fewer snaps than the guy they plucked off the street 48 hours earlier. LJ Collier 2.0?

fun fact: Cam Young's middle name is Colette. So maybe he's more of a Christine Michael.
Last edited by SeattleAddict on Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.