Pick you poison poll

Door 1 or Door 2

only win 1 more game and finish 7-10 and have a top 10 pick in which we pick a QB with the potential to be a franchise QB. PC ERA ends.
73%
Win 4 more games and make the playoffs at 10-7 and win one game in the playoffs. With the #23 pick we draft the 1st Guard taken. PC Era continues.
27%

Total votes: 15

D-train

Re: Pick you poison poll

Post by D-train » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:22 pm

Stroud's Passer rating is 98.8 and Young's is 71.0 Colossal F up.
dt

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:44 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:20 pm
Cascade Kid wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:16 pm
57reasons wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:38 pm

You are the only guy saying that about Maye. About a third of scouts have him slightly ahead of Williams, but almost unanimously he is at least number 1A. Barring injury 95% they go 1-2 in the draft; no position player, however good (Marvin Harrison) is going to break that up.
I was the only guy last year that had Stroud over Young, so I'm ok with this. Maye isn't an accurate thrower, has a slow release, and with throw up a 50/50 ball without any consideration. I'm just not a believer. He's a poor man's Trevor Lawrence in my eyes. But we will see how it all pans out.
I had Stroud over Young. In the contest I went with Young over Stroud because that is what ALL of the Tea Leaves and talking heads were saying. I can't believe the Panthers took Young. Idiots.
Yeah, I know you did. But I think Brock Huard changed your mind if I recollect.

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:47 pm

57reasons wrote:
Cascade Kid wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:47 pm
I think there's only one elite level NFL QB in this draft in Caleb Williams. If JJ McCarthy declares he would be my #2 option, in which case could be obtainable pretty much anywhere in the 1st round. But I think McCarthy goes back for his senior year to increase his stock. He made great strides in cleaning up his footwork from 2022 to 2023 which gave his comp% a significant bump. So, another year with Michigan is my prediction with him.

Otherwise, I think Drake Maye might be gone around #10, but won't go in the top 5. In my eyes Maye will be an average QB at best. Jayden Daniels I think will fall out of the top 15. He will be interesting as long as he has healthy legs, but I would not count on his arm to provide consistant game winning drives. He looks to be on a Baker Mayfield trajectory.
You are the only guy saying that about Maye. About a third of scouts have him slightly ahead of Williams, but almost unanimously he is at least number 1A. Barring injury 95% they go 1-2 in the draft; no position player, however good (Marvin Harrison) is going to break that up.

I also like Daniels in the top 5 or 10 at worst. He was talented from day 1 at ASU as a duel threat but really improved as a passer now - much more accomplished in that regard now than DeShaun Watson and Lamar Jackson were coming out of college. That kind of talent is way too valuable to slip out of the top 10 imho. Far more proven/polished than Richardson who went 4th last year.

Nix is intriguing to me as a first or second round option - yes, the short-passing yac game greatly inflates his gaudy accuracy figures and he greatly benefitted from incredible protection, but that doesnt mean he cant throw deep or handle pressure as some are suggesting. No he doesnt have the rocket laser arm of Penix, but his arm strength is at least average, combined with good size, speed, athleticism and instincts. From what i read at Auburn he had the opposite reputation of too often going for the big play over the open routes underneath, so also perhaps some recency bias in play. As a prospect to me he looks like a better version of Baker Mayfield.
You know why I liked Richardson so much? It's because he was playing in an awful offensive system. He looked great this year for being so raw. Loved watching him trying to march his team down the field toward in the 4th qtr. I look forward to seeing what he can do in 2024.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:18 pm

I feel like there were several in here who had Stroud over Young. He was the QB I wanted…otherwise I wanted us to use it in defense.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:19 pm

57reasons wrote:
Cascade Kid wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:47 pm
I think there's only one elite level NFL QB in this draft in Caleb Williams. If JJ McCarthy declares he would be my #2 option, in which case could be obtainable pretty much anywhere in the 1st round. But I think McCarthy goes back for his senior year to increase his stock. He made great strides in cleaning up his footwork from 2022 to 2023 which gave his comp% a significant bump. So, another year with Michigan is my prediction with him.

Otherwise, I think Drake Maye might be gone around #10, but won't go in the top 5. In my eyes Maye will be an average QB at best. Jayden Daniels I think will fall out of the top 15. He will be interesting as long as he has healthy legs, but I would not count on his arm to provide consistant game winning drives. He looks to be on a Baker Mayfield trajectory.

I also like Daniels in the top 5 or 10 at worst. He was talented from day 1 at ASU as a duel threat but really improved as a passer now - much more accomplished in that regard now than DeShaun Watson and Lamar Jackson were coming out of college. That kind of talent is way too valuable to slip out of the top 10 imho. Far more proven/polished than Richardson who went 4th last year.

Nix is intriguing to me as a first or second round option - yes, the short-passing yac game greatly inflates his gaudy accuracy figures and he greatly benefitted from incredible protection, but that doesnt mean he cant throw deep or handle pressure as some are suggesting. No he doesnt have the rocket laser arm of Penix, but his arm strength is at least average, combined with good size, speed, athleticism and instincts. From what i read at Auburn he had the opposite reputation of too often going for the big play over the open routes underneath, so also perhaps some recency bias in play. As a prospect to me he looks like a better version of Baker Mayfield.
+1

I will say that a lot can change between now and draft day. But I tend to agree with the majority of the National scouts, pundits, and with what I've seen with my own eyes. Daniels could potentially be the most special QB in this entire draft. He's definitely right now, a more sure thing than McCarthy is. But McCarthy does have time to change the narrative. If he goes in and lights up Bama with his arm, you might see 4 QB's go off the board in the Top 10 next year.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:10 am

Michael K. wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:18 pm
I feel like there were several in here who had Stroud over Young. He was the QB I wanted…otherwise I wanted us to use it in defense.
Yes I was calling for him at pick number one. then last second i got spooked by that silly intelligence test that he supposedly flunked. what a joke.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:49 pm

Predicting that Carolina was going to take Young is only predicting that Carolina is going to take him. Carolina is a bad franchise for a reason, and I think they had made it clear they were taking Young. But all along that blew me away. I don't think there was ANY reason to believe they had to trade up to get Young, if he was their guy. Seems he could have been had where they already were. I could be misremembering though.

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:45 am

Daniels, Maye, or Caleb. Seattle gotta be bold & shock the world. Do what KC did & surprise everybody with a trade up. At this point I'm rooting for a complete & udder tank.