Re: Drew's Team Now for the rest of 23?

Post by D-train » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:45 pm

trharder wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:02 pm
douche wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:59 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:42 pm

I love me some Jake Browning but I feel like his fit is very scheme specific. I don't think he'd survive the way the Hawks try to play football on offense.
Then change the offense. Or create one.
Do you draft/acquire a guy to fit your existing offense? Or do you draft/acquire a guy and build your offense around him?
I'm sure Carroll has an answer.
The fit for the Seahawks is a QB the relishes any opportunity to take off running.
Examples - Lamar, Hurts, Josh Allen.
This was proven in the SB days.
If we keep winning we won't have a shot at Daniels. He would be that guy.
dt

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:50 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:36 pm
I don’t even think he would need to gain weight to play Nickel LB. He’s not an every down Safety and he’s not an every down LB. Just let him play LB on passing downs. He can’t be any worse in coverage than Brooks and Wagner.
Brooks has been bad his whole time in the NFL. That was his major knock coming out of college.

To be fair they do drop the lbs too deep

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:52 pm

douche wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:59 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:42 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:36 pm
Or sign a FA?

I love me some Jake Browning but I feel like his fit is very scheme specific. I don't think he'd survive the way the Hawks try to play football on offense.
Then change the offense. Or create one.

Do you draft/acquire a guy to fit your existing offense? Or do you draft/acquire a guy and build your offense around him?

I'm sure Carroll has an answer.
Pete wants to be a running heavy team. But have Dk, Tyler and Jaxon??? Let’s not fit to talent.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:55 pm

Draft Cross and Abe who were air raid tackles. And have 3 stud receivers and still want to be run heavy.

Great plan.

Or become another team. Have YAC type WRs and awesome receiving back and a yac TE and build an offense. To match (the Niners).

Pete is Pete.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:25 am

trharder wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:19 pm
I would be totally fine going with Lock, but as has been said, PC already is saying he's excited to get Geno back next week
I could see Geno coming back strong after Lock being the temporary success. He's outwardly handling it well, but he's thinking about it.

Neither is franchise NFL QB material. PC and JS know this, but they gambled they could make the defense top 5 and be fine with a
mediocre offense.

Lock stares at his receivers way too much. He's locked in on one read on every play - probably by design. He's not much.
I like both him and Geno as people, but they aren't much as QBs. In the current NFL, you need a QB that that averages 30-50
yards per game on the ground. The two picks is why the Eagles lost. period.
I saw this too. He's a decent back up. Then I went and watched tape of Drake Maye, and that dude is no looking throws like a frickin' Pro!

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:35 am

Outside of Pass Rusher or Run Stuffing DT, what are your major needs. Honestly would this be THE year to mortgage everything & make a bold move & move up for 1 of the QBs. If not this year, when? I mean seriously. You restart the clock on the Cap. You wouldn't be paying them for the next 4ish years. Unless Pete decides to finally hang it up & who knows when that's gonna be. Geno can't be on this roster next year sorry. With this elite crop of QB's why not now, why not this year. Not like their hurting cap wise. If there's ever a better time to go get your next future QB, it's this year. I know people say no on Penix but who's to say he wouldn't fall right into your lap. I'm just saying think about it.

trharder

Post by trharder » Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:55 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:25 am
trharder wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:19 pm
I would be totally fine going with Lock, but as has been said, PC already is saying he's excited to get Geno back next week
I could see Geno coming back strong after Lock being the temporary success. He's outwardly handling it well, but he's thinking about it.

Neither is franchise NFL QB material. PC and JS know this, but they gambled they could make the defense top 5 and be fine with a
mediocre offense.

Lock stares at his receivers way too much. He's locked in on one read on every play - probably by design. He's not much.
I like both him and Geno as people, but they aren't much as QBs. In the current NFL, you need a QB that that averages 30-50
yards per game on the ground. The two picks is why the Eagles lost. period.
I saw this too. He's a decent back up. Then I went and watched tape of Drake Maye, and that dude is no looking throws like a frickin' Pro!
Maye's highlight reel is fun - https://www.google.com/search?q=Drake+M ... w1bjA,st:0

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:45 am

HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:35 am
Outside of Pass Rusher or Run Stuffing DT, what are your major needs. Honestly would this be THE year to mortgage everything & make a bold move & move up for 1 of the QBs. If not this year, when? I mean seriously. You restart the clock on the Cap. You wouldn't be paying them for the next 4ish years. Unless Pete decides to finally hang it up & who knows when that's gonna be. Geno can't be on this roster next year sorry. With this elite crop of QB's why not now, why not this year. Not like their hurting cap wise. If there's ever a better time to go get your next future QB, it's this year. I know people say no on Penix but who's to say he wouldn't fall right into your lap. I'm just saying think about it.
If it's Penix you like you dont have to move up, just grab him in first or second (trading back or trading up the 3rd rounder).
i want Jayden, which likely will require that big investment to move up into top 5. with the stacked drafts of the last two years it seems a good time to go for it, I agree. Subtract Adams and Diggs salaries, resign WIlliams and Love, draft another safety and a guard and we're repositioned in good shape.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:09 am

57reasons wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:45 am
HawkandMariner88 wrote:
If it's Penix you like you dont have to move up, just grab him in first or second (trading back or trading up the 3rd rounder).
i want Jayden, which likely will require that big investment to move up into top 5. with the stacked drafts of the last two years it seems a good time to go for it, I agree. Subtract Adams and Diggs salaries, resign WIlliams and Love, draft another safety and a guard and we're repositioned in good shape.
I want Jayden too, but you'd likely have to trade up to the 4 seed to get him. The more games we win to finish the season, the harder and more expensive he will be to obtain.

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:14 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:09 am
57reasons wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:45 am
HawkandMariner88 wrote:
I want Jayden too, but you'd likely have to trade up to the 4 seed to get him. The more games we win to finish the season, the harder and more expensive he will be to obtain.
I highly doubt they win out. Especially with Lock at QB. But honestly their not that far off. I would also look into trading DK too as a possibility.