New OC

Hasslecracked

Re: New OC

Post by Hasslecracked » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:50 pm

Another huge get is OL Scott Huff is following Grubb here. He might actually fix our OL problems

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:51 pm

Let us not forget that HawkandMariner88 broke the news first and trharder started this thread in an attempt to steal the prestige and splendor that goes with being the one to break such momentous tidings.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:58 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:51 pm
Let us not forget that HawkandMariner88 broke the news first and trharder started this thread in an attempt to steal the prestige and splendor that goes with being the one to break such momentous tidings.
I would say a new OC deserves its own thread.
dt

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:06 pm

auroraave wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:06 pm

The way penix folded in the championship game - not a good look. .
He didnt fold, they just didnt win, and were in it with a chance to until late 4th quarter, thanks in part to a couple blown calls. The one interception did look bad, very uncharacteristic of him to not get enough juice on the throwaway, until you look closer and see that his foot was stepped on by the DT, causing the underthrow. Nothing to do with decision-making or inaccuracy. The game before, against another feared physical defense, he lit up for 400 yards. Best warm up to him because i think even more chance he lands here now that Grubb is on board. I'd already been mocking him to the Hawks before.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:09 pm

57reasons wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:06 pm
auroraave wrote:

He didnt fold, they just didnt win, and were in it with a chance to until late 4th quarter, thanks in part to a couple blown calls. The one interception did look bad, very uncharacteristic of him to not get enough juice on the throwaway, until you look closer and see that his foot was stepped on by the DT, causing the underthrow. Nothing to do with decision-making or inaccuracy. The game before, against another feared physical defense, he lit up for 400 yards. Best warm up to him because i think even more chance he lands here now that Grubb is on board. I'd already been mocking him to the Hawks before.
Hey didn't a few UW O Linemen go to Alabama because of Huff?
dt

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:10 pm

57reasons wrote:
auroraave wrote:

He didn't look good but also the worst game his OL played all year aside from the ASU game where he also struggled.

He needs to make improvements staying calm when facing pressure. What's weird is he seemed to do a lot better there the year prior and sort of regressed this season.

No drafted QB is without flaws. If the Hawks can trade back and get him late first, I'd be floored.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:13 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:09 pm
57reasons wrote:
auroraave wrote:

Hey didn't a few UW O Linemen go to Alabama because of Huff?
Just Parker Brailsford.

Makes sense that he'd follow KDB b/c being at Bama gives offensive linemen an auto bump. He also probably loves that KDB gave him a shot as a freshman.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:18 pm

Absolute HOME RUN coaching transition now that Grubb is landed as the OC playcalling guru to go with the absolute stud defensive guru McDonald. Combine that with a solid GM who is no longer handcuffed and overshadowed by the HC, not to mention the addition by subtraction of said HC that needs no explanation in this forum. Put that altogether and WOW! :D :D :D

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:34 pm

57reasons wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:18 pm
Absolute HOME RUN coaching transition now that Grubb is landed as the OC playcalling guru to go with the absolute stud defensive guru McDonald. Combine that with a solid GM who is no longer handcuffed and overshadowed by the HC, not to mention the addition by subtraction of said HC that needs no explanation in this forum. Put that altogether and WOW! :D :D :D
Absolute Dreamworld.

Insane year so far for Hawks and Huskies...
dt

Hasslecracked

Post by Hasslecracked » Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:34 pm

57reasons wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:18 pm
Pete took this program places it had never been gone before. I hate the total disrespect of him in here.