MM cancels the last day of involuntary mini camp

gil

Re: MM cancels the last day of involuntary mini camp

Post by gil » Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:59 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:34 pm
One of the most baffling things about the back end of the PC era was how our defense got destroyed by screen passes yet our offense could not figure out how to take advantage of it at all.
Agree. I think it was posted elsewhere that we were the worst in the league on both sides with screens.

Of course there will be personnel limitations, but when you observe a superior offensive (or defensive) scheme, to what extent is it possible to imitate that? Or do superior outcomes (as we hope we are getting with MM on defense and Grubb on offense) come from continual innovation?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:34 pm

It's execution, I don't think it's so much innovation. A screen pass is timing, primarily the offensive line, selling it successfully. With the issues they always had with the line it doesn't surprise me they didn't bother with screen passes. It was beyond their capabilities to function as a unit. That they couldn't defend against them was a lack of discipline. I screen works against an aggressive pass rush. It's a question of recognizing it, that its developing and checking down the rules for defending it, be disciplined.

I guess the line is an issue on both sides of the ball. I just feel more concern about the offensive line than the defensive. They've brought in coaches. I mean it's the same sort of line. If they can get the line running smoothly which I'm thinking will be key to making things work then it would really point at a coaching issue rather than a personell issue, I mean in the past.

Im not as convinced it's going to work as some here, at least not as smoothly but it certainty is interesting. They could have gone a lot more conservative on the offensive side seems to me . You got a rookie HC thats worked with defenses. To then hand the offense to not only additional rookies but rookies without pro experience. I think it might require some patience.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:16 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2024 3:05 pm
And they said Belichick couldn't win without Brady! LOL

https://nypost.com/2024/06/14/sports/bi ... eerleader/
He should talk to Trevor Bauer about what woman want with rich men.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:19 pm

D-train wrote:
One of the most baffling things about the back end of the PC era was how our defense got destroyed by screen passes yet our offense could not figure out how to take advantage of it at all.
And yet we chose an inferior back in Penny, because he was good catching passes out of the backfield….and never threw to the backs! It’s almost as we went after a pass catching TE and tried to make them block, or DTs and tried to turn them into Guards, or box safeties and told them to cover.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Taking Penny over Chubb because he was good at something our offense wouldn’t do. Fucking genius.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:46 pm

Hey, lay off, she's a philosopher
Jordan Hudson is an entrepreneur and philosopher, serving as the executive director for the exclusive Trouble Club Enterprises. According to reports, Hudson's support for Belichick is not just limited to their personal lives; she has been actively involved in helping him with his business ventures.

This collaboration has strengthened their bond, showcasing a partnership that goes beyond romance.
The Trouble Club, that's pretty wild actually. It's a private club in London. Sounds like she's accomplished

https://www.thetroubleclub.com/

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:41 pm

Creepy shit Donn.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:02 pm

It is kinda, I figured that was because it was like a Brit thing, private clubs and all that

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:44 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:02 pm
It is kinda, I figured that was because it was like a Brit thing, private clubs and all that
Is that Gloria Steinem??
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:45 pm

dt

douche

Post by douche » Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:52 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:19 pm
D-train wrote:
And yet we chose an inferior back in Penny, because he was good catching passes out of the backfield….and never threw to the backs! It’s almost as we went after a pass catching TE and tried to make them block, or DTs and tried to turn them into Guards, or box safeties and told them to cover.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Taking Penny over Chubb because he was good at something our offense wouldn’t do. Fucking genius.
Exactly. When's the last time anyone used a power drill to hammer a nail? This team can now actually utilize its personnel in a way that will allow them to accomplish the things that they want to accomplish. Essentially, the polar opposite of PC's approach.