3 most over looked positive changes

D-train

Re: 3 most over looked positive changes

Post by D-train » Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:58 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2024 3:14 pm
From what I've been reading Haynes isn't on track to be an immediate starter. He hasn't been getting reps so far in the off season. See what developments come out of training camp
When asked about why Curtis was getting that work over Haynes, Macdonald mentioned Curtis “knows multiple spots.”

“I haven’t learned yet to decode Mike Macdonald-ese, but it sounded like, ‘Well, this one guy knows the plays,’” Salk said.
You read the piece on him in Mynorthwest.com? They are a content machine for both M's and Hawks and it is free..Great site.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:12 pm

I'm familiar with the site. I search content and then open sources. If there's something you think I should read then supply a link. At this point I don't have a lot of confidence in the offensive line which I believe could impact McDonald's ability to implement his offense

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Jul 16, 2024 3:14 am

Haynes didn't see any action with the first-team offense during OTAs and minicamp, so some may believe he faces an uphill climb to surpass Bradford or even Curtis on the depth chart. But only two years ago, tackle Abraham Lucas spent the entirety of the offseason program behind Jake Curhan, and by the second week of training camp, he already had jumped over his veteran teammate and wound up starting in Week 1. Of course, Curhan was an undrafted free agent signing coming into the NFL and Bradford has more upside as a former fourth-round pick, so the situations aren't completely identical.
https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/seahawk ... -guard-job

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:43 am

Each teams biggest bust, yeah you are probably right. If Haynes doesn't beat out Bradford it could be ugly
Outside of left tackle Charles Cross, there's not much excitement for Seattle's offensive line. The unit, quite frankly, could be atrocious. I'll point to Anthony Bradford because of his pass-protection woes as a rookie, but he's simply one piece of a greater problem.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/101 ... nfl-season

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Jul 16, 2024 12:09 pm

I don't know if i'd call him a bust based on where he was drafted but he would lilely be the worst player on the field to start a game for Seattle.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jul 16, 2024 12:27 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2024 3:14 am
Haynes didn't see any action with the first-team offense during OTAs and minicamp, so some may believe he faces an uphill climb to surpass Bradford or even Curtis on the depth chart. But only two years ago, tackle Abraham Lucas spent the entirety of the offseason program behind Jake Curhan, and by the second week of training camp, he already had jumped over his veteran teammate and wound up starting in Week 1. Of course, Curhan was an undrafted free agent signing coming into the NFL and Bradford has more upside as a former fourth-round pick, so the situations aren't completely identical.
https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/seahawk ... -guard-job
there is almost no contact in OTAs. They said he is expected to shine when the pads go on and he shows that he is a mauler.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Jul 16, 2024 5:05 pm

Macdonald also mentioned Haynes had “done some good things” and that he thought Haynes’ “game is when pads are on, when he’s moving people and getting to the next level.”

“So I’m not going to freak out about the fact that McClendon Curtis has been getting those reps, even if it is taking Christian Haynes a little bit longer to learn,” Salk said. “And I don’t know if that’s the case, but I’m just trying to read between the lines. His game should start to show up once the pads come on
I just think it's risky depending on a rookie, particularly a third round pick to be a key to the opening day roster. I don't think JS did MM any favors running out a typical cheap inexperienced offensive line to work with

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jul 16, 2024 6:30 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2024 5:05 pm
Macdonald also mentioned Haynes had “done some good things” and that he thought Haynes’ “game is when pads are on, when he’s moving people and getting to the next level.”

“So I’m not going to freak out about the fact that McClendon Curtis has been getting those reps, even if it is taking Christian Haynes a little bit longer to learn,” Salk said. “And I don’t know if that’s the case, but I’m just trying to read between the lines. His game should start to show up once the pads come on
I just think it's risky depending on a rookie, particularly a third round pick to be a key to the opening day roster. I don't think JS did MM any favors running out a typical cheap inexperienced offensive line to work with
With the salary cap they have to make choices. Wasted so much coin on Adams and Diggs. I think they are 20-25 level talent but Huff and get them up to about average.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:54 pm

Sure it's about choices, and JS has consistently chosen to spend elsewhere. They decided to continue to invest in the defensive line. It's something that goes beyond the PC influence. Yeah, it's going to be up to Huff to make it work. It's what they always seem to be up to, trying to bring their oline talent up to average. It will be interesting to see if they can pull it off this time with these coaches

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:41 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:54 pm
Sure it's about choices, and JS has consistently chosen to spend elsewhere. They decided to continue to invest in the defensive line this last year. It's something that goes beyond the PC influence it's JS's approach. Yeah, it's going to be up to Huff to make it work. It's what they always seem to be up to, trying to bring their oline talent up to average. It will be interesting to see if they can pull it off this time with these coaches
They have a first and third rounder at OT, JSN was a first, DK a second and they paid Lockett at WR, both RBs are second round picks and they fucking recently overpaid two safeties. But D Line is too much of a priority to you?

They don't spend at Guard. I'm fine with it. Not sure why you arent....why don't you expand?