Re: Post Mortem: Seattle v Pittsburgh

Post by auroraave » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:35 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:27 pm
auroraave wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:24 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:23 pm
College has reviews for targeting. I am sure that is coming soon to an NFL near you.

I'm sure you're right. What is so utterly mind boggling - and is exhibit A of the NFL's cluelessness - is the league is "all about player safety (cough-ever since the concussion lawsuits-cough)" and yet it is the NCAA taking the lead in the helmet to helmet issue. How can they be behind the NCAA in this? It is beyond comprehension - the fucking ineptness. The Saints just got jobbed by the refs again - against the fucking Rams! The first time resulted in the new 'PI review'. The helmet to helmet, I hate but I understand and can relent on the need to review it - but the PI review - which is only happening because of the incredible blunder the whole free world witnessed it this new rule was a hollow attempt to do damage control.

It's hard to fathom how utterly incompetent Goodell etal are - how they are always behind the curve, always reactive, never proactive and cannot seem to get the basics fixed. maybe he is a dumb as he looks. A company with this kind of value, is just so consistently bumbling and inept. I don't know how they do it.
I guess its tough to find good help for only $31.7M a year these days

https://www.google.com/search?q=roger+g ... e&ie=UTF-8

lol!

"I know what'll fix everything - we'll move the extra point back! Oh, man, I am a genius!" - Roger Goodell

That's what 31 million gets you.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:41 pm

He is probably spending 87% of his time lobbying to make more a year than RW does now.
dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:16 am

auroraave wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:19 pm
More officiating blunders changing the outcome of games.
FOX’s Mark Schlereth was apoplectic about each call. “Garbage call, but that’s the world we live in today,” he said after the Goldman play. And post-Chubb, Schlereth noted: “I guess we’re gonna legislate contact out of a contact sport.”
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... =nbcsports
The Saints were blown out. Seven points wasn't going to make much difference.

trharder

Post by trharder » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:21 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:22 pm
Unless its blatant helmet to helmet contact to RWs skull.
I'll probably get beat up over this, but I honestly think Pete's second review of the no-call PI was granted because the replay
refs spotted the clear spear to the helmet of RW that wasn't called.

Also, the best way for the refs to get less red flags from Pete on no-calls is to quit throwing yellow flags on ticky-tac contact
against the Seahawks.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:24 am

trharder wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:16 am
auroraave wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:19 pm
More officiating blunders changing the outcome of games.
FOX’s Mark Schlereth was apoplectic about each call. “Garbage call, but that’s the world we live in today,” he said after the Goldman play. And post-Chubb, Schlereth noted: “I guess we’re gonna legislate contact out of a contact sport.”
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... =nbcsports
The Saints were blown out. Seven points wasn't going to make much difference.
it was 3-3 at the time, the TD would've given the Saints the lead. I doubt they win the game, but that's not the point. The point is the NFL changed the rules of the game because of an officiating debacle in a Rams/Saints game where NO got hosed - and it literally happened again in the second fucking game of the season IN A RAMS SAINTS GAME and the Saints got hosed AGAIN. You could not make this up if you tried. Where is the accountability? You know what the saints get? Another shrug and 'whoops' from the league. People paid to see this - probably a lot. It's embarrassing. In any other profession you'd be fired for cause if you performed with this level of incompetence. Instead of accountability and fairness, they just make a rule change and try to sweep it under the carpet while picking your pocket and demanding fan support and loyalty. It's a fucking disgrace. This is the death by a thousand cuts, but they are too arrogant to see it.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:33 am

trharder wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:21 am
D-train wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:22 pm
Unless its blatant helmet to helmet contact to RWs skull.
I'll probably get beat up over this, but I honestly think Pete's second review of the no-call PI was granted because the replay
refs spotted the clear spear to the helmet of RW that wasn't called.

Also, the best way for the refs to get less red flags from Pete on no-calls is to quit throwing yellow flags on ticky-tac contact
against the Seahawks.
Alot of people think this...

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:47 am

Inadvertent whistles happen. The Saints aren't the first team to have a play like that hurt them.

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:20 am

Yup. No officiating problem in the NFL. Must just be me. Oh wait...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/276 ... -penalties

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:31 pm

auroraave wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:20 am

I always thought you and Brady had a lot in common. :P
dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:36 am

auroraave wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:20 am
Complaining about the refs isn't as cool as it used to be now that everyone is doing it. 8-)