Let's Ride! Broncos' Country Amusement Thread

trharder

Re: Let's Ride! Broncos' Country Amusement Thread

Post by trharder » Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:32 am

Haha. 5 in a row.
I always felt RW would turn the script around at least one more time before he's out of the league.
RW is back being a point guard / complementary QB again. He's running the ball way more and better than Geno ever has.
I don't give a flying fuk about the Broncos, but I was a RW supporter and probably an apologist for a long time.
Sorry, but I'm not sad he's back to pretty good.
This thread could turn out to be embarrassing.

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:40 am

trharder wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:32 am
Haha. 5 in a row.
I always felt RW would turn the script around at least one more time before he's out of the league.
RW is back being a point guard / complementary QB again. He's running the ball way more and better than Geno ever has.
I don't give a flying fuk about the Broncos, but I was a RW supporter and probably an apologist for a long time.
Sorry, but I'm not sad he's back to pretty good.
This thread could turn out to be embarrassing.
I was pleased to see Russ humbled and as a result we had a rarer top 10 pick because of it. But as of right now I feel Russ would be maybe a borderline HOF 9X Probowl and 1 time champ. In his 1st 11 seasons Russ has 167 AV (Football WAR)averaged 15.8/season

For comparison John Elway played 15 years and was a 2X SB champ and a 9X probowl and has 206 total AV (Football WAR) Average 13.7AV/season.

So, a few more winning seasons of Russ playing good football and a few more playoff years would really push Russ up from maybe HOF to essentially a for-sure HOFer. And, I think producing HOF players that represent your franchise is a good thing.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:20 am

Here is a fun list of games:

Broncos just easily beat the Browns 29-12
Browns beat the 49ers 19-17
We just got destroyed but the 49ers
dt

douche

Post by douche » Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:27 pm

Pretty pedestrian numbers, though (13/22, 134yds, 1 TD). Which is probably all Payton wants at this point.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:43 pm

Yeah, put players in position to succeed

douche

Post by douche » Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:32 pm

DEN now has the same record as SEA. And the way it's looking, their record will soon be better than SEA's.

As you mentioned, put players in a position to succeed. Which apparently Pete has difficulty understanding.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:48 pm

douche wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:32 pm
DEN now has the same record as SEA. And the way it's looking, their record will soon be better than SEA's.

As you mentioned, put players in a position to succeed. Which apparently Pete has difficulty understanding.
Well, while I somewhat agree....THIS is the position he tried many times with Russ. It took a colossal failure doing it the way Russ wanted to actually get him on board. I am jaded towards Russ, but I think he finally realized the hit his "brand" was taking with all the losing. He isn't Brady in his Prime, never has been. He isn't Mahomes, never will be. But what I don't understand is him seeing the success of teams like the 49ers and Eagles with QBs that simply play within a system that works, and he STILL thought he needed to be Brady and Mahomes.

I will never root for Russ or Sean Payton, I think they are both shitheads. But this is pretty crazy. I mean, they should not have this record...simply should not. But unlike some other teams in the NFL? They seem to find ways to win instead of find ways to lose. Sure, Mahomes with the flu and the Bills being stupid and having twelve men on the field sure helps...but? They keep winning.

douche

Post by douche » Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:08 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:48 pm
THIS is the position he tried many times with Russ. It took a colossal failure doing it the way Russ wanted to actually get him on board. I am jaded towards Russ, but I think he finally realized the hit his "brand" was taking with all the losing. He isn't Brady in his Prime, never has been. He isn't Mahomes, never will be. But what I don't understand is him seeing the success of teams like the 49ers and Eagles with QBs that simply play within a system that works, and he STILL thought he needed to be Brady and Mahomes.

I will never root for Russ or Sean Payton, I think they are both shitheads. But this is pretty crazy. I mean, they should not have this record...simply should not. But unlike some other teams in the NFL? They seem to find ways to win instead of find ways to lose. Sure, Mahomes with the flu and the Bills being stupid and having twelve men on the field sure helps...but? They keep winning.
Agreed.

trharder

Post by trharder » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:08 am

douche wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:27 pm
Pretty pedestrian numbers, though (13/22, 134yds, 1 TD). Which is probably all Payton wants at this point.
Totally true. RW is not putting up fantasy passing numbers to any degree. But yesterday I saw him keep the read option twice in a row, one to each side. Week before that he was gouging and frustrating defenses with his legs - moving the chains - almost like the old days. He seems humble and buying in to his new daddy Sean Payton. I think the humiliation did him some good.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:16 am

Payton is who he wanted the Seahawks to hire, maybe they should have