SEA vs BAL

Donn Beach

Re: SEA vs BAL

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:11 am

Field Gulls
.Frank Clark has got nothing substantial left. Darrell Taylor is the epitome of a situational pass rusher and otherwise has zero clue who has the ball in read-option keepers. Dre’Mont Jones was absolutely atrocious. Only Leonard Williams looked like he was getting some success in the backfield.
And sorry, “the defense got tired because the offense couldn’t sustain drives” doesn’t hold water for me. That’s the same lame excuse we kept giving the 2021 unit when in fact, they were a bad group. The defense absolutely could’ve controlled their own ability to get off the field, but apparently they were exhausted by the 3rd possession and didn’t catch their breath after halftime when they instantly gave up a 42-yard rush.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:21 am

Thinking about defense excuses. The 1992 defense didn't need any excuses. It was saddled with the worst offense in NFL history according to football outsiders
Despite their historically inept offense, Football Outsiders also ranked Seattle as having the third-best defense in 1992, making them the most imbalanced team they had ever measured.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:08 pm

auroraave wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:40 am
had to stop by to check in on the "fire everyone!" post-loss comments. I was not disappointed.

Interesting how when Seattle plays teams that do not have rushing offenses or their stars RB's are out - their "run d" is tops, but when they play Cleveland and Baltimore, formidable rushing team - suddenly they ain't all that. Context is a funny thing.

I knew it was over at 14-0 - offense did not come to play. Out of all the lopsided stats that Seattle should be most embarrassed about - was the 40:00 - 20:00 TOP. As an offense - you have a responsibility to do something - anything - to give your defense a rest. Bright side - the offense should be super well rested for next week!

Smith looks skittish, indecisive, lacking ANY confidence. bad, bad combo and it's been prevelant much of the season. Dude is inviting the "Drew Lock" conversation to be a serious option. We are approaching the "why not Drew"" moment. Seattle needs to draft a QB next year - for real.

It looked like baltimore knew every play coming and had the perfect defense for it - far too often. Really odd. Sign stealing?

Now we know - this team is not ready for prime time. They'll make the playoffs, but they have a ways to go. Defense still improving despite what today looked like - I hang this loss competely on the offense. As we learned in the LOB days - the defense cannot play offense and defense - the offense has to step up and do their part.

Did not understand Seattle's offensive strategy at all, not even kinda, not even a little bit.

Ravens legit, Seattle not this bad, but they ain't championship caliber. The "fire everyone" talk is utter nonsense. This was their shit the bed moment, they'll grow from this and get better... or they won't. Also, they are not winning the division, that talk needs to stop. SF still the team to beat.
Quick search of Fire everyone reveals only One poster uses that phrase. lol Straw man much.
fe.JPG
fe.JPG (141.62 KiB) Viewed 3499 times
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:13 pm

maoling wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:16 am
Still, I'm not going to write them off. Moving pieces, new players, yet another time change east coast swing morning game against maybe the best team in the NFL right now.

Flesh wound. Fuck it. This one will teach all the rookies and kids a huge lesson. Might toughen us up for a playoff run. And Geno has to drop the risk-aversion timid hat.
Like I said we will be the Savages next week and be 6-3 and either be tied for 1st place or 1 game up if the 49ers lose on the road to the Jags who are 6-2
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:27 pm

Pharmabro wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:22 am
That is a huge indictment on their "Leonard Williams" get. Bears got Montez Sweat 8 sacks and extended him. Niners got Chase Young and 6 sacks.

It looks like we paid more for a guy with only 2 sacks and was supposed to be a good run defender? We bring him in and has 1 tackle and we give up near 300 yards on the ground.

I am pretty happy I just had to work today. That was a freaking blow out.
Everyone said we needed to beef up the the interior D Line. NO Depth! They caved to the pressure. lol
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:29 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:11 am
Field Gulls
.Frank Clark has got nothing substantial left. Darrell Taylor is the epitome of a situational pass rusher and otherwise has zero clue who has the ball in read-option keepers. Dre’Mont Jones was absolutely atrocious. Only Leonard Williams looked like he was getting some success in the backfield.
And sorry, “the defense got tired because the offense couldn’t sustain drives” doesn’t hold water for me. That’s the same lame excuse we kept giving the 2021 unit when in fact, they were a bad group. The defense absolutely could’ve controlled their own ability to get off the field, but apparently they were exhausted by the 3rd possession and didn’t catch their breath after halftime when they instantly gave up a 42-yard rush.
Amazing how O lineman who are on the field as much as the D lineman are in such better physical condition and never get tired....
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:52 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:27 pm
Pharmabro wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:22 am
That is a huge indictment on their "Leonard Williams" get. Bears got Montez Sweat 8 sacks and extended him. Niners got Chase Young and 6 sacks.

It looks like we paid more for a guy with only 2 sacks and was supposed to be a good run defender? We bring him in and has 1 tackle and we give up near 300 yards on the ground.

I am pretty happy I just had to work today. That was a freaking blow out.
Everyone said we needed to beef up the the interior D Line. NO Depth! They caved to the pressure. lol
His first game with a new team, he's going to elevate them to being good? Fieldgulls seemed to think he was the only one knew what he was doing

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:56 pm

I went with C.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:38 pm

No-one should be surprised at the turnovers. Remember that Geno was #2 in the league in "turnover-worthy plays" last year (according to PFF).

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:20 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:56 pm
I went with C.
That would look about right.