SEA vs BAL

Michael K.

Re: SEA vs BAL

Post by Michael K. » Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:10 pm

The dude was comeback player of the year, or was at least in the running last year. He also made a Pro Bowl, and is now a turnover waiting to happen and the QB of an offense that is dogshit on third down and worse in the RedZone? C is generous. I'd have given him a C for this type of performance last year. Not this year. D is about as good as I can grade this shit.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:26 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:38 pm
No-one should be surprised at the turnovers. Remember that Geno was #2 in the league in "turnover-worthy plays" last year (according to PFF).
He should have more INTs than TD passes right now and would if it wasn't for 3-4 drops...
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:39 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:29 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:11 am
Field Gulls
.Frank Clark has got nothing substantial left. Darrell Taylor is the epitome of a situational pass rusher and otherwise has zero clue who has the ball in read-option keepers. Dre’Mont Jones was absolutely atrocious. Only Leonard Williams looked like he was getting some success in the backfield.
And sorry, “the defense got tired because the offense couldn’t sustain drives” doesn’t hold water for me. That’s the same lame excuse we kept giving the 2021 unit when in fact, they were a bad group. The defense absolutely could’ve controlled their own ability to get off the field, but apparently they were exhausted by the 3rd possession and didn’t catch their breath after halftime when they instantly gave up a 42-yard rush.
Amazing how O lineman who are on the field as much as the D lineman are in such better physical condition and never get tired....
Takes a lot more effort and energy to run around some one or through someone than it does to stand in someones way.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:42 pm

Have been in too much of a bad mood over the way the game turned out to look at threads until now but has there been any discussion of Tony Romo's commentary during the game. There were a couple of occasions where he literally pointed out pre-snap what the Ravens were doing and what Geno needed to look for as a key to making his decisions. needless to say Geno made the wrong reads. It was pretty eye opening for me.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:10 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:42 pm
Have been in too much of a bad mood over the way the game turned out to look at threads until now but has there been any discussion of Tony Romo's commentary during the game. There were a couple of occasions where he literally pointed out pre-snap what the Ravens were doing and what Geno needed to look for as a key to making his decisions. needless to say Geno made the wrong reads. It was pretty eye opening for me.
Neither of those things are surprising to me! Haha. I think Geno’s inability to read a defense or make a quick decision is why he has been below average to bad most of his career. And as annoying as he can be? Romo is crazy good at just that.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:18 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:10 pm
Captain 97 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:42 pm
Neither of those things are surprising to me! Haha. I think Geno’s inability to read a defense or make a quick decision is why he has been below average to bad most of his career. And as annoying as he can be? Romo is crazy good at just that.
Geno doesn't seem very bright.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:14 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:18 pm

I really don't think his issue is arm talent. Some of the throws he makes are nuts.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:09 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:14 pm
D-train wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:18 pm

I really don't think his issue is arm talent. Some of the throws he makes are nuts.
Exactly and he is pretty mobile too. Its between the ears.
dt