Re: Are you guys awake? Seahawks vs Saints thread

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:27 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:06 am
D-train wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:59 am
Larry Stone
@StoneLarry
Pete Carroll was blunt in assessing his coaching performance today: "I had a particularly bad day."
Other than blowing the clock management at the end of the first half what did he do wrong? On the other hand, Carroll may have had a particularly bad week preparing his team for today's game.
Not going for two when it could have got us within 11. Allowing a bomb to be called on 4th and a foot. And continuing to oversee the least disciplined team in sports. btw that clock management F up is something that literally no other HC in the NFL does. Goes to the locker room with two TOs on the table. Inexcusable.
dt

Logainismyhero

Post by Logainismyhero » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:30 am

Hawks will finish 3rd in the division.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:32 am

Logainismyhero wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:30 am
So right where they are now. Bold prediction. :)
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:43 am

D-train wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:27 am
Allowing a bomb to be called on 4th and a foot.
That was Russell's call. The main problem was he threw to the wrong receiver.

JAWA

Post by JAWA » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:03 am

D-train wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:32 am
Logainismyhero wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:30 am
So right where they are now. Bold prediction. :)
Here's another, I predict that Logan will continue his doom and gloom posts when they're losing but disappear when they aren't ;)

trharder

Post by trharder » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:16 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:49 am
What was the deal with the D-line? I thought they were supposed to be a terror to opposing quarterbacks with Ziggy and Clowny together out there. I guess we have to wait for Reed to come back and Collier and Ziggy to get into playing shape.
I agree. Sure the offense wasn't good and deserves criticism, but the defense couldn't get pressure on TB and couldn't tackle for sh!t.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:25 am

Henderson's opener to his piece on the game, what i was trying to get at...you can't continue to play crappy football and expect to win week after week. Maybe this will wake them up, or maybe this is the team they really are...
SEATTLE -- The ultra-optimistic view of the Seattle Seahawks' first two games was that they managed a 2-0 start despite not playing anything close to their best football. As Tyler Lockett wondered aloud after the opener: If they can win like that, imagine how dangerous they'd be when they're at their best.

The flip side of that: No team could expect to continue to overcome mistakes like the ones the Seahawks were making.
were they looking past the Saints once Brees got injured?..Wagner earlier in the week...
"Yeah, you definitely got to remind the guys not to let their guard down, because in any day you’re in this professional league and the guys behind those guys are professionals," he said. "You can't take anybody light because they can come out having one of their best games. It’s just part of letting the guys know we've got to stay locked in and it doesn't matter who we're playing."
They used Bridgewater effectively, that is great coaching, know your player and put him in position to succeed.
Pete Carroll and K.J. Wright both pointed to Teddy Bridgewater getting rid of the ball quickly as a reason why the Seahawks only managed two hits and no sacks on the Saints quarterback. Indeed, Bridgewater's average time before throwing Sunday was 2.44 seconds, according to ESPN charting. That was third-fastest among all quarterbacks in Week 3 (not counting the two playing in the night game). The Seahawks only blitzed on 13.8% of Bridgewater's dropbacks, which was about half the rate at which they blitzed over the first two games. Said Wright: "He's a guy that gets the ball out fast. They don't do too many five-step drops and let our pass-rush get a hold of him. So he got the ball out quick. They had a good game plan." Said Carroll: "We expected to get more pressure."
Pete is still supporting Carson
It didn't come off as an ultimatum when he said Carson needs to fix the issue, and he seemed to suggest that his fumbles were more the result of great plays by the defenders than sloppy ball security. "He's had three remarkable, remarkable punches that have knocked the ball out and he was covering it and his conscious was in the right place and it happened again," Carroll said. In other words: expect Carson to remain the starter ahead of Rashaad Penny when Seattle heads to Arizona next week.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:42 am

again, not making excuses but i give the Saints some credit, Payton lost his qb, and came here and kicked our ass. That guy can coach, I remember when he got suspended for the season. I was curious why they didn't can him, I didn't know that much about him, they waited it out and kept him, see why now.

And Bridgewater, dude was pumped to get a chance to play again. They really did want it more than the Hawks, Payton and Bridgewater had more to prove by beating the Hawks than the Hawks did beating them

before the game, Bridgewater saying he got emotional
"I was just thinking about the process, from the time I was injured, up until now," Bridgewater told reporters. "Just thinking about all the ones who believed in me and just being back on this stage and getting to show how faithful God is, all my emotions were just running at the same time."

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:56 pm

I can deal with the physical errors and lame play but these mental errors and decisions are just inexcusable.

1. False start on a freakin PUNT that led to the Punt return for the TD.
2. Covering up the center on the missed FG that led to the TD
3. Inane clock management at the end of the first half costing a FG.
4. Decision to throw it 1 yard on 3rd and 3.
5. Decision to throw a low % bomb on 4th and a foot with the game on the line.

If we make only 3 of those mistakes instead of all 5 we win.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:21 pm

Hugh Millen sounds really pessimistic about Tre Flowers and Clowny. He was ripping Flowers in particular for being completely clueless about understanding basic principles of coverage. With Clowny it was more that he just doesn't see anything special in how he has played so far, but allowed for the possibility that he's not yet in football shape.