Hawks vs Hams (or Lambs) game thread part 2

auroraave

Re: Hawks vs Hams (or Lambs) game thread part 2

Post by auroraave » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:29 pm

Damn, fans are mad at Pete - across all boards this is about the most pissed off I have seen hawks fans - justifiably so.
Seahawk games are hard to watch - same episode week after week after week after week... nothing enjoyable about it anymore.
Something to consider... it's not all on the staff - the entire league has become so bad - like Brady said - overwhelming mediocrity.
All games look the same - all games have the same questionable penalties - it's all the same episode.

The NFL is a shell of what it used to be. The Seahawks misery is half on them, half the overall status of the league anymore. I check scores but won't invest my time or resources into the games anymore - not worth it. The NFL's product is awful - and I;ve been saying it for years - the league has ruined the game of football. My last straw was that Saints/Lambs disgrace. That was too much for me.

On that note, time to add another regular season game and expand the payoffs, I mean playoffs! Nothing more satisfying than decimated rosters battling it out with their third string QB's for that 24th playoff spot - while the consumer gets charged full freight for a horror movie we all know ends with a pass interference/roughing the passer penalty late in the 4th qtr! :lol:

Somehow "safety' really just means 'more random penalties' - but also conveniently - more games. Logic dictates that you can't have it both ways - more games will always mean more injuries. Probably 'racist' to point that out. :lol:

Seahawks need a new look - the fans are revolting - and they aren't wrong.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:36 pm

auroraave wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:29 pm
Damn, fans are mad at Pete - across all boards this is about the most pissed off I have seen hawks fans - justifiably so.
Seahawk games are hard to watch - same episode week after week after week after week... nothing enjoyable about it anymore.
Something to consider... it's not all on the staff - the entire league has become so bad - like Brady said - overwhelming mediocrity.
All games look the same - all games have the same questionable penalties - it's all the same episode.

The NFL is a shell of what it used to be. The Seahawks misery is half on them, half the overall status of the league anymore. I check scores but won't invest my time or resources into the games anymore - not worth it. The NFL's product is awful - and I;ve been saying it for years - the league has ruined the game of football. My last straw was that Saints/Lambs disgrace. That was too much for me.

On that note, time to add another regular season game and expand the payoffs, I mean playoffs! Nothing more satisfying than decimated rosters battling it out with their third string QB's for that 24th playoff spot - while the consumer gets charged full freight for a horror movie we all know ends with a pass interference/roughing the passer penalty late in the 4th qtr! :lol:

Somehow "safety' really just means 'more random penalties' - but also conveniently - more games. Logic dictates that you can't have it both ways - more games will always mean more injuries. Probably 'racist' to point that out. :lol:

Seahawks need a new look - the fans are revolting - and they aren't wrong.
You think fans are mad at the Hawks, check out the replies to this post about tickets. Cheapest seat is raised to $54. People going off. Not a great time for pro sports in Seattle. Thank God for my Dawgs!
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:32 pm

huh. That does seem expensive for AA baseball. Can you imagine the prices if Seattle ever got a MLB franchise? :D

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:21 pm

Shane Waldron

I’ve been hot-and-cold on Waldron but today tips the scales against him. Seattle had 42 dropbacks to 20 called runs... with a lead for almost the whole game. In the 2nd half it was 18 dropbacks to 5 runs before the final possession.

But apparently the time Waldron does want to run is in goal-to-go situations, which included that drive-killing toss to Zach Charbonnet that lost a bunch of yards. The Seahawks are one of the worst red zone rushing offenses in the league but that doesn’t stop him from taking the ball out of Geno’s hands and essentially wasting downs.

Then when it’s 3rd and short they pass at an astronomical rate. We’re talking 70 percent on 3rd and 1-3 yards, which is absolutely insane. Multiple times in this game the Seahawks didn’t even do play-action in short-yardage.

I believe Waldron is damn good with play design. Clearly he excels with those first 15 scripted plays, and has done throughout Geno’s tenure. His play-calling process is just completely busted and he does not put his players in the best positions to succeed on a consistent basis. Perhaps the play that irritated me the most was the 2nd and 6 play-action shot play that ended in a Geno sack. it was a two-man combo with neither man open, so the entire thing is busted. And how many 3rd downs turned into deep shots? Unbelievable. Why was Lock throwing so much in the first place?

I’ve had enough of Waldron. But I’ve had enough of Pete-selected OCs and the forever inconsistencies on 3rd down, the red zone, and general situational football.
I promise I didn't write that article, but it sure sounds like just about everything I say. Add in that he seems to have ZERO clue what his players do well? And that is pretty much my assessment of Waldron for the year. Again, he obviously had next to nothing to do with the ingenious things the Rams did while he was there...but wasn't he the fucking Run Game Coordinator?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:21 pm

auroraave wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:32 pm
huh. That does seem expensive for AA baseball. Can you imagine the prices if Seattle ever got a MLB franchise? :D
Now that's funny right there, I don't care who ya are!

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:17 am

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:21 pm
Shane Waldron

I’ve been hot-and-cold on Waldron but today tips the scales against him. Seattle had 42 dropbacks to 20 called runs... with a lead for almost the whole game. In the 2nd half it was 18 dropbacks to 5 runs before the final possession.

But apparently the time Waldron does want to run is in goal-to-go situations, which included that drive-killing toss to Zach Charbonnet that lost a bunch of yards. The Seahawks are one of the worst red zone rushing offenses in the league but that doesn’t stop him from taking the ball out of Geno’s hands and essentially wasting downs.

Then when it’s 3rd and short they pass at an astronomical rate. We’re talking 70 percent on 3rd and 1-3 yards, which is absolutely insane. Multiple times in this game the Seahawks didn’t even do play-action in short-yardage.

I believe Waldron is damn good with play design. Clearly he excels with those first 15 scripted plays, and has done throughout Geno’s tenure. His play-calling process is just completely busted and he does not put his players in the best positions to succeed on a consistent basis. Perhaps the play that irritated me the most was the 2nd and 6 play-action shot play that ended in a Geno sack. it was a two-man combo with neither man open, so the entire thing is busted. And how many 3rd downs turned into deep shots? Unbelievable. Why was Lock throwing so much in the first place?

I’ve had enough of Waldron. But I’ve had enough of Pete-selected OCs and the forever inconsistencies on 3rd down, the red zone, and general situational football.
I promise I didn't write that article, but it sure sounds like just about everything I say. Add in that he seems to have ZERO clue what his players do well? And that is pretty much my assessment of Waldron for the year. Again, he obviously had next to nothing to do with the ingenious things the Rams did while he was there...but wasn't he the fucking Run Game Coordinator?
Passing game coordinator, quarterback coach

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:29 am

That makes sense because the fucker obviously paid zero attention to how McVey made Gurley an MVP.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:18 pm

Gurley went from All Pro to out of football in two seasons at age 26. Life of an NFL RB.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:22 am

:cry: Suggestion to replace Pete with Dan Quinn, not a bad idea really. That's a transition I could Invision

My point there
Carroll is the oldest coach in the NFL at 72 years old and eventually, he will step down. He is unlikely to be fired because he is also the Vice President of Football Operations so Carroll leaving the team completely would mean a massive organizational change
https://12thmanrising.com/posts/seattle ... 13-cowboys

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:11 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:22 am
:cry: Suggestion to replace Pete with Dan Quinn, not a bad idea really. That's a transition I could Invision

My point there
Carroll is the oldest coach in the NFL at 72 years old and eventually, he will step down. He is unlikely to be fired because he is also the Vice President of Football Operations so Carroll leaving the team completely would mean a massive organizational change
https://12thmanrising.com/posts/seattle ... 13-cowboys
What does this have to do with the Rams game? Quinn is the DC for the Cowboys.
dt