Re: Kick Geno to the curb???

Post by Donn Beach » Sat May 04, 2024 8:05 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:23 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 4:59 pm
trharder wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 4:41 pm

Why is Geno sensitive about this obvious BS?
If the NFL can make players take interviews from the media (compelling speech), then they maybe could demand
players not have X accounts. (censoring speech). They obviously aren't going to though.
Because the guy is representing himself as part of the media. That gives the story validation. I have no problem at all with Geno calling him out. If the guy is going to try and make a career as NFL insider he should expect to get called out. His stuff needs to be bulletproof or he's going to take hits
It is VERY possibly the reporter is right and Geno is wrong. Geno's post won't age well if Sam is taking the field and he is on the sidelines game 1.
I'm gonna assume Geno checked with his sources before posting. I think he talked to his coaches and was told they stand by what they told him earlier. If it's not true then they would be lying to him twice.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat May 04, 2024 8:11 pm

trharder wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 7:46 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Because the guy is representing himself as part of the media. That gives the story validation. I have no problem at all with Geno calling him out. If the guy is going to try and make a career as NFL insider he should expect to get called out. His stuff needs to be bulletproof or he's going to take hits
Aha. This is where you don't get it. Geno is legitimizing this blogger type by even responding publicly.
It is likely the best break Frascella has ever got. Frascella is loving it.
I understand, it's a double edged sword, but I believe you challenge things you don't believe true. My father ran for city council many many years ago. His opponent ran a smear campaign. My father chose not to respond for that reason, worried about giving it legitimacy, bringing it into the political discourse. He lost and always regretted not challenging it. If something isn't true challenge it.

trharder

Post by trharder » Sat May 04, 2024 8:46 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 8:11 pm
I understand, it's a double edged sword, but I believe you challenge things you don't believe true. My father ran for city council many many years ago. His opponent ran a smear campaign. My father chose not to respond for that reason, worried about giving it legitimacy, bringing it into the political discourse. He lost and always regretted not challenging it. If something isn't true challenge it.
Good analogy and helps me understand your position.
However, in theory, Geno's starting QB role doesn't hang on public opinion.(or the ballot box).

This is telling me Geno is following all the off-season nonsense as well as probably follows the reporting
during the season as well. Not healthy. Geno came here with a problem child rep and was taken under
Daddy Pete's wing. Pete is gone. This doesn't make me think Geno has completely left behind all his
attitude issues. That and some of the body language I've seen on the sidelines. What does this say to
Howell and the other QBs in the room? It wouldn't give me a good feeling if I was Howell and I would
start to doubt the being supportive of the backups talk. As cheesy as RW was, He never blew up on
stupid shit like this when he was here.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat May 04, 2024 9:28 pm

Okay, yeah I brought up Howell on the other thread, has to be a pain in the ass for him. I'll give you the character issues point. He did a poor job of responding. That's a good point.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat May 04, 2024 10:05 pm

trharder wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 7:50 pm
trharder wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 7:46 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Aha. This is where you don't get it. Geno is legitimizing this blogger type by even responding publicly.
It is likely the best break Frascella has ever got. Frascella is loving it.
John Frascella (Football)
@NFLFrascella
·
May 2
Thank you for your reply, Geno!

As you know, in your game, you have to trust your teammates.

In our game, sports journalism, we have to trust our sources.

Wishing you all the best this upcoming NFL season!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Awesome!
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat May 04, 2024 10:07 pm

trharder wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 8:46 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 8:11 pm
Good analogy and helps me understand your position.
However, in theory, Geno's starting QB role doesn't hang on public opinion.(or the ballot box).

This is telling me Geno is following all the off-season nonsense as well as probably follows the reporting
during the season as well. Not healthy. Geno came here with a problem child rep and was taken under
Daddy Pete's wing. Pete is gone. This doesn't make me think Geno has completely left behind all his
attitude issues. That and some of the body language I've seen on the sidelines. What does this say to
Howell and the other QBs in the room? It wouldn't give me a good feeling if I was Howell and I would
start to doubt the being supportive of the backups talk. As cheesy as RW was, He never blew up on
stupid shit like this when he was here.
Great take TH!
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun May 26, 2024 11:59 pm

dt

trharder

Post by trharder » Mon May 27, 2024 12:28 am

D-train wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 11:59 pm
So Geno is #9 out of 16, is that good? Behind Purdy and Kyler.
If Geno was a legit starter, he'd be making a lot more money.

douche

Post by douche » Mon May 27, 2024 10:44 pm

ESPN's Mina Kimes says that Geno was not the problem in Seattle's offense last season.

https://thecomeback.com/articles/mina-k ... -woes.html

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 28, 2024 12:40 am

douche wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 10:44 pm
ESPN's Mina Kimes says that Geno was not the problem in Seattle's offense last season.

https://thecomeback.com/articles/mina-k ... -woes.html
Why would she feel the need to write an article opining that Geno was not the problem? :roll: :roll: :roll:
dt