Post Mortem: Seahawks v Big Easy

Michael K.

Re: Post Mortem: Seahawks v Big Easy

Post by Michael K. » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:54 pm

Jesus Aurora, he didn't play THIS week because he strained a hammy, in a walk through no less.

If he becomes a starter, I am still not wrong, because he has been mediocre at best for nearly 1.25 seasons. Not great for a first rounder, so why is the hell would I root against him. But, nice strawman...

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:59 pm

ThePro wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:47 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:35 pm

So, if he is the starter and gets more touches you wouldn't think he has beat out Carson?
You're insinuating that because of his pick status he should have done it already and is a failure for not doing it.

And you didn't answer the question. How is he supposed to beat Carson out?
Yes, his draft status is exactly why. If he was good enough to take that early he should be performing better. Only Seahawk fans trying so hard to prove the front office can do no wrong would think otherwise.

And, not sure what you mean. If he plays better than Carson he would be beating him out. WTF else would it mean? Get more touches, become the starter, you beat that player out. If Simmons somehow becomes the starting RG, did he not beat out Iupati?

Logainismyhero

Post by Logainismyhero » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:39 pm

There are a lot of "bust" on this team. Too many to be a playoff team.

Too bad, they're wasting Russ's good years.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:50 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:59 pm
ThePro wrote:
Michael K. wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:35 pm

So, if he is the starter and gets more touches you wouldn't think he has beat out Carson?
You're insinuating that because of his pick status he should have done it already and is a failure for not doing it.

Yes, his draft status is exactly why. If he was good enough to take that early he should be performing better. Only Seahawk fans trying so hard to prove the front office can do no wrong would think otherwise.

And, not sure what you mean. If he plays better than Carson he would be beating him out. WTF else would it mean? Get more touches, become the starter, you beat that player out. If Simmons somehow becomes the starting RG, did he not beat out Iupati?
You know you full of shit. You refuse to answer. So Penny is supposed to declare himself the starter and call more plays for himself? How can he beat someone out from the sidelines? How can he beat Carson out when Carson gets 3 x the amount of carries as Penny? How is that even possible. There is politics at every workplace and politics on every football team. Penny should have been ready last game . That was his first legitimate chance to beat out Carson . For whatever reason (the one being given isn't believable at all) he didn't capitalize.

A player can't just "beat someone out" Simmons won't just become the starting guard. Something would have to keep Iupati out of the lineup. If your logic was valid why hasn't Fant claimed the starting RT job from Ifedi?

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:03 pm

auroraave wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:42 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:48 am
Thompson figured if he is going to lower our chances to win while in uniform, he might as well do it out of uniform too! Tell me again why this guys eats up a roster spot?

As for Penny, can anyone think of a first round pick that couldn't beat out a sixth round selection that has issues with fumbling?
Man, you are obsessed with being right about this. You want Penny to fails so you can say "I told you so." Penny didn't play because he strained his hamstring, so he's not going to beat him out until he's healthy. Why Penny failing is so important to you - even though it hurts the team - and despite flashes of brilliance - is just fucking bizarre to me. His success is everyone's success - but you simply hope he fails so you can be some kind of genius.
I think just about all of us get that way with certain players. We should call it Chone Figgins Syndrome.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:15 pm

ThePro wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:50 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:59 pm
ThePro wrote:

You know you full of shit. You refuse to answer. So Penny is supposed to declare himself the starter and call more plays for himself? How can he beat someone out from the sidelines? How can he beat Carson out when Carson gets 3 x the amount of carries as Penny? How is that even possible. There is politics at every workplace and politics on every football team. Penny should have been ready last game . That was his first legitimate chance to beat out Carson . For whatever reason (the one being given isn't believable at all) he didn't capitalize.

A player can't just "beat someone out" Simmons won't just become the starting guard. Something would have to keep Iupati out of the lineup. If your logic was valid why hasn't Fant claimed the starting RT job from Ifedi?
So, in your opinion, he is the better player but the coaches just won't let him show it?

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:37 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:15 pm

So, in your opinion, he is the better player but the coaches just won't let him show it?
"Won't " is a poor choice of words. "Want him to earn it" is more like it. You just can't give a rookie more playing time because of draft position. It's not that easy to beat out a veteran. Especially a veteran that has had some success like Carson. Penny had a legitimate chance to unseat Carson now. That hamstring stuff was bullshit. Now he's magically healed? Yes, IMO Penny is more talented than Carson. Not a knock on Carson just Penny can do things that not too many backs can do. His cuts and acceleration are off the charts. I want to see what 20+ touches look like with him.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:51 pm

To me there is no difference. For one thing he is no longer a rookie...and he is probably the least productive RB of any drafted that year that made a team and played. The Redskins will probably still try to use Guice as their starter when healthy, and he has played about 4 quarters of real football in 1.25 seasons.

I am not willing to say he can do these off the charts things you mentioned, especially since it doesn't happen often. We have seen Carson be the man, and I imagine the coaches allow this because they have watched these guys in practice and games for the past 19 or so months and have a pretty good idea who gives them the best chance to win.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:08 am

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:51 pm
To me there is no difference. For one thing he is no longer a rookie...and he is probably the least productive RB of any drafted that year that made a team and played. The Redskins will probably still try to use Guice as their starter when healthy, and he has played about 4 quarters of real football in 1.25 seasons.

I am not willing to say he can do these off the charts things you mentioned, especially since it doesn't happen often. We have seen Carson be the man, and I imagine the coaches allow this because they have watched these guys in practice and games for the past 19 or so months and have a pretty good idea who gives them the best chance to win.
None of the RB you mentioned have a starter the quality of Carson in front of them. They were all given the starting job. They didn't beat out anyone. If Chubb or Michel were here they would be behind Carson too getting minimal carries. Your argument doesn't hold any water. I don't know what you have against the kid personally. It's getting old.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:04 am

ThePro wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:08 am
Michael K. wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:51 pm

None of the RB you mentioned have a starter the quality of Carson in front of them. They were all given the starting job. They didn't beat out anyone. If Chubb or Michel were here they would be behind Carson too getting minimal carries. Your argument doesn't hold any water. I don't know what you have against the kid personally. It's getting old.
Yep, which would be a great reason why OTHER teams used a high draft pick on a Back. We took one that was 3rd string for half a season!