Post Mortem: Seahawks v Desert Dunces

DanielVogelbach

Re: Post Mortem: Seahawks v Desert Dunces

Post by DanielVogelbach » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:19 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:06 pm
I just happen to agree with him...
"You know how I feel about Thursday night games," Gurley said, per ESPN. "I feel like they are the dumbest thing ever."
Worst idea in history of the NFL. Pure cash grab. Deteriorates the product quality more than many realize. Should be abandoned. The only favorable aspect is financial.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:29 pm

As opposed to Sunday football which is a philanthropic event intended to make the world a better place and to bring peace on earth and good will to all mankind. Though playing on the Sabbath is pretty anti Christian.
dt

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:35 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:11 pm
Decided to read the entire Gurley piece. Ya don't say.
The Rams, trying to speed up preparations for Thursday night's game, had exercise bikes and message tables inside the locker room following Sunday's game. Gurley, who scored two touchdowns despite having a season-low 12 touches in Sunday's 55-40 loss, said that as long as you're healthy, playing on Thursday night isn't the end of the world.

"For the most part, if you aren't really battling injuries or stuff like that, Thursday is kind of like a day you usually feel good anyway," Gurley said. "(Seattle) played on Sunday, as well."
And of course, NFL players are never battling injuries.

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:50 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:29 pm
As opposed to Sunday football which is a philanthropic event intended to make the world a better place and to bring peace on earth and good will to all mankind. Though playing on the Sabbath is pretty anti Christian.
I'm just comparing the NFL with or without TNF. I think it's a better product without the TNF. MNF is one day difference on rest. TNF is three days difference on rest. I think it's a force job.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:02 pm

DanielVogelbach wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:50 pm
D-train wrote:
I'm just comparing the NFL with or without TNF. I think it's a better product without the TNF. MNF is one day difference on rest. TNF is three days difference on rest. I think it's a force job.
Its not ideal but I think the players can handle it one or two days out of 365.
dt

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:17 pm

D-train wrote:
Yeah, Goodell and NFL admin must be either Jewish or 7th-day Adventist, playing on Sundays. :)

seriously, far too much unreasonable venom here directed at only one poster, so I'll add my support to your "1st-world problem" description DT.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:24 pm

57reasons wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:17 pm
D-train wrote:
Yeah, Goodell and NFL admin must be either Jewish or 7th-day Adventist, playing on Sundays. :)

seriously, far too much unreasonable venom here directed at only one poster, so I'll add my support to your "1st-world problem" description DT.
Thanks. I thought I was taking crazy pills.
dt

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:07 pm

What I don't get is why they don't play instead on Friday Night. Even with some college games going and people going out, I can't see where the ratings would suffer.

Hopefully this does end up being one of those sloppy Thursday night games, that definitely favors us. Pete Carroll knows sloppy.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:14 pm

The solution seems pretty simple: have 2 teams coming off a bye play on thursday nights. Is there some reason why they can't do that?

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:22 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:14 pm
The solution seems pretty simple: have 2 teams coming off a bye play on thursday nights. Is there some reason why they can't do that?
No byes at the beginning and end of the season and they use some of the bye weeks for the international games which is silly because the flight from the East Coast to London isn't much longer than the flight from Seattle to Florida. You would think they could do it to some extent but they don't seem to bother.
dt