ET thread

57reasons

Re: ET thread

Post by 57reasons » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:42 am

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:59 pm
It really is too bad. Guys like Bennett and Sherman became locker room cancers over the Super Bowl. What they failed to realize is that Bevell is an idiot, but he isn’t the one that couldn’t stop Brady in the 4th quarter with a 10 point lead. Baldwin not only talked WAY too much, his refusal to support Wilson turned me off. Odd that the passing game is better off without him! Not. As for ET? Was the highest paid player at his position when he signed, then wanted to act disrespected. The BS in Dallas, the holdout and the middle finger pretty much ended things for me.

Sherman, Baldwin, Bennett and Thomas were all on the last Pete Carroll lead team to miss the playoffs. Not sure that was coincidental. Just surprised Lynch wasn’t there to miss the bus trip! A bunch of great players that were on board, and the team won. Then they were too busy worrying about themselves, and the team lost.
i wouldnt have agreed at the time, gave them too much benefit of a doubt, but in hindsight i have to agree with you Michael. Sad to say because it was so preventable if they could each just get over themselves. i would only quibble with faulting the D in the SB - Sherman playing with one hand, Kam hurt, Earl hurt, Avril out, then Lane and Bennett go out. and still hold Tom Terrific under 30. if just Lane doesnt go out..., or if Jermaine only catches that ball for a clock-killing first down ...

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:05 am

It isnt so much me blaming the defense and being tired of hearing them bitch about the last play. Hold a 10 point lead and the last play never happens.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:24 am

It has always bothered me. Pete has always taken blame, said he called for the pass. Wilson has blamed himself. Guys like Sherman and Bennett have forever blamed others. So did Bevell.

Sorry, I will go to my grave believing the pass wasn't the issue, but a slant to Lockette was STUPID. And WHAT pass play was called was on Bevell...that is his job.

The next year? Lynch quit in the team, wouldn't get on the bus. Then he retires and watches undrafted FAs play RB for us, only to come out of retirement to play for Oakland? And Baldwin worships him because he gave him a damn backpack, yet beats in Wilson constantly...even though Wilson took him on an island vacation!?

It was ridiculous. Some of it was on Pete for allowing it, but be a grown man. Being a good team mate was, IMO, not what Bennett, Sherman and ADB were about. And running into the Cowboy locker room and the middle finger make me believe Thomas may not have been either. And never admitting Wilson was the man? Makes Baldwin a bad team mate, and an idiot.

Every one of them were supposed to be leaders, and what they did was lead this team from the brink of back to back Super Bowls, to on the outside looking in. It isn't a coincidence that we are better without them.

Sherman hated it here, yet after the 9ers made their offer he called and asked us to match...not make a better offer, but to match the offer. He wanted back, we didnt want him. So...he runs and tells everyone that would listen how much he hated it? Dumbest Stanford grad I. History...and an absolute jack ass.

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:38 pm

This is the Earl Thomas I remember. Funny stuff...

https://www.si.com/node/541161
DMM

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:25 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:00 am
I don't have much love for ADB. Too much talk, too much look at me (pooping a football was the beginning of the Super Bowl collapse), and way too much love for guys like Sherman and Lynch and way WAY too much hate for Wilson.

Once again, our offense is better now than when he was dominating targets and shouting at Wilson. He was a BIG part of the offense the last time we missed the playoffs, just as Sherman, ET, and Bennert were a big part of the defense the last time we missed the playoffs. Mouth pieces, and miscreants who if you read the tea leaves did plenty of damage to a locker room.
This^^^ And I wonder which players said that "Wilson wasn't black enough?" How ironic that they both went to that famous HBC Stanford and they have the audacity to question Wilson's "blackness" Whatever the F that means.

I'm sure he was demanding the ball a lot too because of his awesomeness. I think he was overrated as hell too. This WR group is the best Wilson has had.