Re: How to beat SF.

Post by ThePro » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:18 am

Michael K. wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:48 am
ThePro wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:18 am
Michael K. wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:57 am
So, the guy that beat us twice that year, and won the NFC, wasn't smart enough to watch game film from the last game the Pat's played? If true, I dont feel good about the fact that the Rams won our division.

And they damn well better not beat us later this year.
It seems you are too caught up with coaching and schemes.I will leave you with a popular football saying.

" It's not about the Xs and the Os. It's about the Jimmys and the Joes." It's always about personnel. Coaching and scheme can only take you so far.
So, we are only a few points better than the Jimmy's and Joe's we played the first half? Might want to find something else to watch the second half then.

Well coached guys will beat unprepared studs. But, I guess we should just save money on our coach and hire another GM...since the coach doesn't matter?

You look at the talent we have on offense and think..."yep, three points in the 2nd half against Atlanta makes sense!"? I think Petey crippled Jimmy and Joe!
Bullshit. You couldn't have said anything less true.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:24 am

Read my entire post and took issue with one sentence?

By your own sentiment, we should simply hire a GM and get anyone to coach. Odd that NFL coaches make so much money when they are that in significant?

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:09 am

Michael K. wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:24 am
Read my entire post and took issue with one sentence?

By your own sentiment, we should simply hire a GM and get anyone to coach. Odd that NFL coaches make so much money when they are that in significant?
Stop with the strawman. Never said anything remotely close to this. A team needs a coach to develop talent and to teach a system to that talent etc... However the adjustments and scheme changes are only going so far.

You make it sound like teams are baffling Carroll. He ( amd every other coach has an entire scouting department and assistant coaching staff to prepare for other teams and they are there communicating with headsets and video during the game.

Your McVay story sound like he is arrogant to me more than the genius of Belichick.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:29 pm

Not necessarily a straw man, but exaggerating to make a point. If all it takes is talent, and talent will win every time, why do these coaches make so much damn money?

We were the better team in the Super Bowl, and horseshit clock management and a bullshit play call gave the Pats a ring. Was that on talent? The Pats don’t go into every game with the same game plan, I am sorry, you are the only person I have ever heard say this. Pete says over and over again, “we do what we do and make the other team stop us”. It is time to adapt.

A lot of my frustration with him is he is over emotional. I really do think they would benefit from a young talented offensive play caller. But, I also don’t think Pete would stay out of the way. We were far better last year running the ball than passing, and Pete admits in our 0 and 2 start last year he was in as Schotty’s ear to throw. Fast forward to the end of the year and he refuses to throw even though the Cowboys are stuffing us. It’s like he doesn’t feel anything needs to change until you trail by two scores. That is bullheaded.

He is great at building a team, and seems to be a fantastic motivator. But I think the league has figured out his MO and I think he is too stubborn to care. We are lucky to be 6 and 2, and we will need more than luck with our end of the year schedule. I hope I am wrong, but I fear I am going to be listening to a lot of the same old excuses from him and Russ to finish the year, how they were close in the 4th quarter and despite the loss that is really all you can ask...even though they left tons of points on the field early in the game.

Winning is great, and I am sure Don is going to insert Carroll’s record soon...but losing in the same manor repeatedly is frustrating.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:53 pm

yeah, that little incidental called his record...lol PC has won a lot of games for the Hawks and you can't wait to get rid of him, ok, that is fine with me. PC isn't going to be around much longer anyway. But the new young gun that replaces him is going to have to win at a pretty damn high rate to match what PC has delivered. Be careful what you wish for, a new coach might not be an improvement

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:08 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:29 pm
I am sorry, you are the only person I have ever heard say this. Pete says over and over again, “we do what we do and make the other team stop us”. It is time to adapt.
I've never said or written this not even once. I'm not even sure if Carroll said this.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:18 pm

Huh? I said I have never heard anyone but you say Belichek has the same gameplay sixteen times a year. Your quote was short a sentence.

And if you have never heard Pete say we did what we do then you aren’t listening.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:20 pm

actually I think Shotty said something when he was hired along the lines of...we want to be able to run the ball when the other team knows we are going to run it, which kind of fits that. Is it time to adopt? I mean i keep hearing that season after season, but Pete the dinosaur just keeps winning. Sure the 6-2 record this season is just luck but honestly until he actually puts up a losing record it seems hard for me to second guess the guy

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:25 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:53 pm
yeah, that little incidental called his record...lol PC has won a lot of games for the Hawks and you can't wait to get rid of him, ok, that is fine with me. PC isn't going to be around much longer anyway. But the new young gun that replaces him is going to have to win at a pretty damn high rate to match what PC has delivered. Be careful what you wish for, a new coach might not be an improvement
And yet he might be. Lots of hand wringing over replacing Sark and Roman. Seems the University of Washing WAS happy with this. The Rams held on to Fisher for ever worrying about what if. You think they are upset with their choice?

Pete would only be moving upstairs. Not sure the culture would change much, and he is still going to be building the team. But his in game has been lacking for years, if not the entire time he has been here. If every team had to keep coaches that won a Super Bowl around until the coach decided to leave Tony Dungy and Jimmy Johnson wouldn’t be doing television, George Seifert would have stayed another ten years and Mike Holmgren wouldn’t be riding his Harley all over the Nation..he’d be coaching.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:29 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:20 pm
actually I think Shotty said something when he was hired along the lines of...we want to be able to run the ball when the other team knows we are going to run it, which kind of fits that. Is it time to adopt? I mean i keep hearing that season after season, but Pete the dinosaur just keeps winning. Sure the 6-2 record this season is just luck but honestly until he actually puts up a losing record it seems hard for me to second guess the guy
Super Bowl win
Super Bowl loss
Second round exit
Second round exit
Miss the playoffs
First round exit

And now they are two games back and needed a missed FG at home to not be in third in the division. But, we should just bow down to the over all record for the rest of his days because Don is afraid of what might happen if someone came in and ran an offense that wasn’t from the 80s.

Everybody else is looking for the next young hotshot and we need to wait for Pete to decide he actually is too old. Remind me how many coaches are older than him? Why is it completely up to him? Oh, because he is also the head of football operations.