Holten Ahlers Courtesy Thread

Donn Beach

Re: Holten Ahlers Courtesy Thread

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:12 am

Id he still injured, or is more about preparation to play football, extended training camp

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:14 am

He passed a physical on Thursday
While Adams comes off the physically unable to perform list, he isn't expected to immediately return to practice, but rather, as Seahawks coach Pete Carroll detailed earlier this week, Adams will return to the team's pre-practice walkthroughs as he is eased back into action. That's the same path followed by the other players who have come off the PUP list during camp, including linebacker Jordyn Brooks, who came off PUP last week, then returned to full-speed practice this week.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:10 am

"If you watched him work out, you would not think that he couldn't go," Carroll told the radio station. "He's really working hard at it, but we've got to make sure that once he's back, he stays back, so we're going to be really careful with how we do that.

"It's a long season and there will be a tremendous amount of season ahead whether it's the first couple games or whatever. I'm not worried about it. I just want him right and really confident and ready to sustain once he gets back.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:17 am

Let's get excited about getting Jamal back
“When I saw what this man did in 2020, he holds the NFL record for sacks (by a defensive back). That guy is just dominant,” Wright said. “He is explosive, he is exciting. He’s gonna celebrate his tail off and get all the fans ready to roll. This guy is a gamechanger. They brought him in for (two) first-round (picks) because he can change the dynamic of a football game. He tackles well, he can blitz well, and he is going to play.”

“He is a big piece, yes,” Wright later added.

Wright was then asked to pick between between Adams, cornerback Tariq Woolen and linebacker Bobby Wagner.

“If those three are at their very, very best, the biggest impact on the defense is whom?” Brock Huard asked.

Replied Wright, “At their very, very best? At their very, very best it’s Jamal. At their very, very best, healthy, fast, physical, moving? It’s Jamal Adams.”

douche

Post by douche » Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:24 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:17 am

Wright was then asked to pick between between Adams, cornerback Tariq Woolen and linebacker Bobby Wagner.

“If those three are at their very, very best, the biggest impact on the defense is whom?” Brock Huard asked.

Replied Wright, “At their very, very best? At their very, very best it’s Jamal. At their very, very best, healthy, fast, physical, moving? It’s Jamal Adams.”
There's no question that it's Jamal. But it means nothing if he can't get on the field and contribute. As Wright says, 'At their very, very best', healthy...'. And Adams isn't at his best. Injuries happen, but the team gave up a lot to acquire this guy, and what have they received in return?

The Jets traded Adams and a 2022 fourth round-pick to the Seattle Seahawks in exchange for safety Bradley McDougald, a first-round and third-round pick in 2021, and a 2022 first-round pick. In addition to that, SEA gave him a 4 year extension with a $20 million signing bonus and $38 million guaranteed, and he's been on IR for a year.

Adams will either end up as comeback player of the year, or nothing more than a fart in the wind.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:24 am

I'm not concerned about him getting on the field. Will he be injured again? Who knows, I don't see a reason why it be him over any of the other players. I think it's been random all along. There are going to be injuries, if we look at it as regression to the mean then maybe he is less likely. I do wonder if there's a psychological aspect. Would he be less aggressive with the thought of being injured again on hi mind.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:31 am

Bil522 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:23 am
D-train wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:49 pm
douche wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:43 pm
I wonder the same thing. But as one poster on here mentioned... there's a reason he wasn't drafted.

Not happy about Adams and Witherspoon. All the talent in the world doesn't mean much if these guys can't get on the field. Unfortunate.
The Adams news means he will be out OVER ONE YEAR. Makes you wonder if he will ever be 100%
Of course he will never be 100% of what he was. Do you feel 100% of where you were 2 years ago? You never feel better than you were when you were younger and healthier. Now experience and wisdom can help you compensate to be as good, but you won't be the same.
Yes, actually I do feel better physically now than 10-15 years ago for a variety of reasons...
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:55 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:24 am
I'm not concerned about him getting on the field. Will he be injured again? Who knows, I don't see a reason why it be him over any of the other players. I think it's been random all along. There are going to be injuries, if we look at it as regression to the mean then maybe he is less likely. I do wonder if there's a psychological aspect. Would he be less aggressive with the thought of being injured again on hi mind.
The shoulder injury is the one that is likely to put a damper on things. I won't be surprised if he is dealing with "shoulder soreness" by week five.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:11 pm

Yeah, the guy has an unbelievable pain tolerance, it might not be different than other football players but man

Remember when he fused his fingers
Seahawks safety Jamal Adams missed the final weeks of last season after having shoulder surgery and he took another trip to the operating room after he went on injured reserve.

Adams told reporters earlier this week that he also had surgery to fuse the two middle fingers on his left hand. Adams demonstrated that he won’t be able to fully extend the fingers during his press conference and said he did it for “the love of the game” as well as a chance to feel like he’ll be playing with two arms for the first time in a while.

“Been going through that for two years now,’’ Adams said, via Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times. “I mean, my first year when I got here, dislocated my ring finger probably about 10 times and the other one, probably about 12. So I’ve been dealing with that. I didn’t really say much. Let everybody talk about it, whatever. But you know, it’s good now and they’re in trouble. . . . I played with one arm damn near for two years. But that’s no excuse. At the end of the day it was tape it up. Let’s go.”

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:22 pm

dt