Re: So much consternation, fretting and stressing all for not

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:00 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:42 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:46 pm
auroraave wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:22 pm
Stats like this are completely misleading. 11 sacks in one game is going to massively skew the optics. That is not sustainable. Teams are not running the ball against seattle because they are having too much success PASSING it. Seattle is one of the worst pass defenses in the league giving up 280 YPG. You don't need to run the ball when the opposing team cannot stop the pass. As bad as denver's defense is... Seattle is right behind them in pass defense.

A bunch of highlights from one game against arguably the league's worst team means nothing - this defense is not that good. And on top of that, this offense sputtered most of the night and left too many points on the field. Injuries probably are impacting that.

I'm probably the only on one here who came away from that game even more concerned. Awful third down conversion rates again. Playing 15 yards off the ball on third and ten, bumbling offense. This game was ugly. Without the pick six and all those turnovers and sacks - seattle's offense was putrid. this reminded me of the 6-6 arizona game - hard to watch. Assembling all the defensive highlights and pretending the whole team shined is laughable.

SF is going to destroy this team. They are young and have a lot of growing up to do, witherspoon was amazing, hurtt finally mixed up the defense, but I did not come away impressed at all. Should have hung 40 on the giants but we managed to bumble around and keep it closer than it should have been.

Cue the "Seattle 70-3 over CInci" predictions. :lol:
Nah, you weren't. We were fortunate to get a win. We played horribly against a horrible team. We should have dominated that game. All the sacks be damned. Good news is, we have a lot of young players. Hopefully they can develop and get better. But the 2nd half of our schedule is BRU-TAL! Will be lucky to finish 9-8.
We won 24-3 and were lucky to win???? LOL So we are goin to finish 6-7? I shall take the over.
Nah, I've got us at 8-9 wins...total. Name you're terms sir! We'll be lucky to be drafting in the 20's. Probably wind up at 18 again.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:47 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:00 am
D-train wrote:
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:46 pm

Nah, you weren't. We were fortunate to get a win. We played horribly against a horrible team. We should have dominated that game. All the sacks be damned. Good news is, we have a lot of young players. Hopefully they can develop and get better. But the 2nd half of our schedule is BRU-TAL! Will be lucky to finish 9-8.
We won 24-3 and were lucky to win???? LOL So we are goin to finish 6-7? I shall take the over.
Nah, I've got us at 8-9 wins...total. Name you're terms sir! We'll be lucky to be drafting in the 20's. Probably wind up at 18 again.
Ok I will bet $100 we win 10+ games.
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:05 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:47 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:00 am
D-train wrote:

Ok I will bet $100 we win 10+ games.
Ok, deal!

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:35 pm

PFF grades for the starting LBs...

Bobby 86.9
Nwosu 78.4
Brooks 72.5
Mafe 75.6

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:20 pm

The secondary was supposed to be the strength of the D and they are so far the worst unit according to PFF. Obviously injuries have had something to do with that.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:39 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:20 pm
The secondary was supposed to be the strength of the D and they are so far the worst unit according to PFF. Obviously injuries have had something to do with that.
I still think the DBs are the strongest part of the defense. The DL and LBs were going against practice squad level OL this past week, so naturally their scores will be padded.

The real strength of the DB room was the depth, but so far we've been without Adams, Bryant, Witherspoon, Brown and Riq at different points. When the whole group is finally together, it should be spectacular.

Also, obligatory "PFF is garbage" comment.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:57 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:39 pm
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:20 pm
I still think the DBs are the strongest part of the defense. The DL and LBs were going against practice squad level OL this past week, so naturally their scores will be padded.

The real strength of the DB room was the depth, but so far we've been without Adams, Bryant, Witherspoon, Brown and Riq at different points. When the whole group is finally together, it should be spectacular.

Also, obligatory "PFF is garbage" comment.
The "Garbage" PFF ratings align with the 4th in rushing yards per carry and 6th in total rushing yards vs. average rushing offenses.

Haven't seen the PFF ratings for the secondary but guessing they aren't great given we have giving up the 5th most passing yards. I agree once we get all the boys healthy and functioning as a unit, it could be dynamic. We might even win 10 games. :)
dt

maoling

Post by maoling » Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:17 pm

Millikin wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:59 pm
Naught
Unless she likes to be tied up and spanked. Then it's all for knot.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:24 pm

maoling wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:17 pm
Millikin wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:59 pm
Naught
Unless she likes to be tied up and spanked. Then it's all for knot.
All for Naughty? :)
dt