should've taken Jalen Carter

auroraave

Re: should've taken Jalen Carter

Post by auroraave » Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:54 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:04 pm
Even with that game the Seahawks have been statistically a mediocre pass rushing team.

I have not seen anything from this defense that makes them seem special. They are better than last year and trending the right way, but they are playing some incredibly bad teams - wracking up stats against the hapless giants who didn't even have Barkley available is no cause for celebration in my book. Pretending that performance was somehow special - makes me chuckle. The scariest words are still "third and 18" coming up against this seahawk defense and then watching the offense gain 20 right over the middle. Every. Fucking. Time. TRhe Browns are no joke - they very well might win today. I just do not have faith in this team yet. Inconsistent, third down problems on both sides of the ball, underperforming offense and a defense that has yet to face a serious rushing attack. Even Arizona's Connors was out. So far, they faced the Lambs who's RB was traded away, NY and AZ starting RB's were out. Browns smoked Cincy who we bumbled around and lost to and they beat SF - with thier back up. Could be a long day today for Seattle.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:55 pm

No matter how you slice it the d line has out performed the secondary until most recently when Witherspoon started dominating. All signs point to them having made the right choice focusing on the secondary over dline With their first pick.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:00 pm

auroraave wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:54 pm
Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:04 pm
Even with that game the Seahawks have been statistically a mediocre pass rushing team.

I have not seen anything from this defense that makes them seem special. They are better than last year and trending the right way, but they are playing some incredibly bad teams - wracking up stats against the hapless giants who didn't even have Barkley available is no cause for celebration in my book. Pretending that performance was somehow special - makes me chuckle. The scariest words are still "third and 18" coming up against this seahawk defense and then watching the offense gain 20 right over the middle. Every. Fucking. Time. TRhe Browns are no joke - they very well might win today. I just do not have faith in this team yet. Inconsistent, third down problems on both sides of the ball, underperforming offense and a defense that has yet to face a serious rushing attack. Even Arizona's Connors was out. So far, they faced the Lambs who's RB was traded away, NY and AZ starting RB's were out. Browns smoked Cincy who we bumbled around and lost to and they beat SF - with thier back up. Could be a long day today for Seattle.
Are you suggesting that a 4-2 team might lose to another 4-2 team? Hopefully this prediction works as well as your prediction that we Might lose to the cardinals last week.😄
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:09 pm

We'll probably get a better idea of how good the Seahawk run D is today. The Browns are 2nd in yards per game and 7th in yards per carry.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:14 pm

Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:09 pm
We'll probably get a better idea of how good the Seahawk run D is today. The Browns are 2nd in yards per game and 7th in yards per carry.
Definitely and I'm very worried about our pass offense versus. The Browns great past defense especially if Lockett is injured.
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:26 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:55 pm
No matter how you slice it the d line has out performed the secondary until most recently when Witherspoon started dominating. All signs point to them having made the right choice focusing on the secondary over dline With their first pick.
No, you've definitely proved it. Having 11 sacks that distort and skew the averages, against the worst offense in the league with the worst starting oline combined with having their top running back out, definitely proves this front line is top notch! I am sold! :lol:

Six games into the season and cherry picking highlights and statistical anomolies to draw these conclusions, cutting and pasting stats while ignoring ALL context, makes me think you're just "trying to be right" but not accurate. You can't just cut and paste stuff and ignore everything else. Actually, you can, but it's a pretty empty conversation.

I look at witherspoons highlights - love the guy, have no qualms about him at all. I would still take Carter for reasons previously explained. Doesn't make witherspoon 'the wrong pick'. Outside of the highlights, I doubt anyone watching Seahawk games would draw the conclusion that this dline is anything special, unless you just watch the Giants highlights on a loop. Why do you refuse to acknowledge all context? I don't get it. That's where the truth is.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:28 pm

The Bengals has Burrow, Chase and Higgins and our defense gave up 17 points. Not sure I’d say we have only looked good against scrubs.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:38 pm

auroraave wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:26 pm
D-train wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:55 pm
No, you've definitely proved it. Having 11 sacks that distort and skew the averages, against the worst offense in the league with the worst starting oline combined with having their top running back out, definitely proves this front line is top notch! I am sold! :lol:

Six games into the season and cherry picking highlights and statistical anomolies to draw these conclusions, cutting and pasting stats while ignoring ALL context, makes me think you're just "trying to be right" but not accurate. You can't just cut and paste stuff and ignore everything else. Actually, you can, but it's a pretty empty conversation.

I look at witherspoons highlights - love the guy, have no qualms about him at all. I would still take Carter for reasons previously explained. Doesn't make witherspoon 'the wrong pick'. Outside of the highlights, I doubt anyone watching Seahawk games would draw the conclusion that this dline is anything special, unless you just watch the Giants highlights on a loop. Why do you refuse to acknowledge all context? I don't get it. That's where the truth is.
I literally never said the d Line was special. I said it wasn't terrible like everyone predicted. You should go as a Scarecrow for Halloween because you love the straw man arguments. Lol

You said the run d look good because Teams were passing because our past defense sucked and I provided stats that showed Teams ran more against us than most teams and we had a very low yard's per rush. Which of course you ignored.
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:59 pm

Wowwwww! Will Levis having a great day :? :lol: