Well, at least one of our teams does something at the trade dealine!

Michael K.

Re: Well, at least one of our teams does something at the trade dealine!

Post by Michael K. » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:35 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:33 pm
D-train wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:18 pm

Young played 16 snaps yesterday only 21%
can't be a good sign if the stud rookie you drafted to shore up the weak spot in your defense gets fewer snaps than the guy they plucked off the street 48 hours earlier. LJ Collier 2.0?
Maybe that is the reason behind the trade? This kid isn't ready yet, so they go get a guy who is?

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:40 pm

Who was the second best interior D lineman in the draft. I assume Williams is better than him.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:41 pm

I was just thinking this. Hawks FO on fire right now.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:03 pm

dt

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:16 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:33 pm
D-train wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:18 pm

Young played 16 snaps yesterday only 21%
can't be a good sign if the stud rookie you drafted to shore up the weak spot in your defense gets fewer snaps than the guy they plucked off the street 48 hours earlier. LJ Collier 2.0?

fun fact: Cam Young's middle name is Colette. So maybe he's more of a Christine Michael.
"Stud rookie"? how many non-SEC fans had even heard of Young before the draft? picked 123rd in the 4th Round - 117 spots and 3 rounds lower than Big Cat.

As for half-year rental, wouldn't be surprised with Carroll's SC ties if they had an inkling about Williams' leanings and would like to think there's a good chance he's signed long-term. Can't think the front office is too pleased with initial returns from Dre Jones so maybe they try to move him or at least not extend now, but combining Williams with Reed inside along with Mafe, Taylor, Clark, maybe Hall, and then throw in blitz capability that can come from any of Jamal, Brooks, Bobby or DSpoon, plus whatever you get out of Jones, and we're suddenly a very scary group for opposing QB's and OC's to deal with.

acctingman

Post by acctingman » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:20 pm

SeattleAddict wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:42 pm
one more note that adds value to this trade... if he signs elsewhere in the off-season, we should get a compensatory pick, probably a 4th rounder or better.

I'm stoked about this trade. Leonard Williams is a stud, and suddenly our defense is crazy deep. D. Jones, Reed, Edwards and Williams is a top-tier D-line, with Mafe having a Pro-Bowl caliber season, too? Pair that with BWags and Brooks and the best secondary in the NFL?

Damn.

Absolutely crazy the way they flipped the roster from pre-2022 season, where just about everybody had us as close to the worst team in the league.
I don't think the secondary is sniffing the best in the NFL. From what I'm seeing, stat wise, they are middle of the road. They are good though and Witherspoon is amazing.

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:22 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:40 pm
Who was the second best interior D lineman in the draft. I assume Williams is better than him.
Exactly - there was a HUGE dropoff after Jalen Carter. so much debate about drafting Carter, rightly so given his talent and the gaping need, but now to come away with Leonard Williams AND Devon Witherspoon? looking like bandits!

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:26 pm

roosevelt wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:28 pm
Reminds me of a "Denver Broncos' style trade.

This guy is on the downhill side of his career. The Seahawks aren't a contender this year. Is this guy needed on a 3 man front line?
The QB. is underwhelming. Hope Pete isn't about going all out THIS year.
The Seahawks aren't a contender this season? What did I miss?

I think you have to give credit to JS and his talent for building rosters. The Hawks do play to win now, but even with the trades they don't jeopardize the future. They consistently field competitive teams

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:19 am

acctingman wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:20 pm
SeattleAddict wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:42 pm
one more note that adds value to this trade... if he signs elsewhere in the off-season, we should get a compensatory pick, probably a 4th rounder or better.

I'm stoked about this trade. Leonard Williams is a stud, and suddenly our defense is crazy deep. D. Jones, Reed, Edwards and Williams is a top-tier D-line, with Mafe having a Pro-Bowl caliber season, too? Pair that with BWags and Brooks and the best secondary in the NFL?

Damn.

Absolutely crazy the way they flipped the roster from pre-2022 season, where just about everybody had us as close to the worst team in the league.
I don't think the secondary is sniffing the best in the NFL. From what I'm seeing, stat wise, they are middle of the road. They are good though and Witherspoon is amazing.
Yeah, Riq is having a sophomore slump, Diggs sucks, Love seems meh, Bryant has a PFF rating of 33.9 and doesn't even play any more, Adams is hit and miss. Thank God for Witherspoon.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:19 am

Forgot about Brown. His is good.
dt