Re: OT - 2024 Playoffs

Post by Michael K. » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:03 pm

trharder wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:10 pm
D-train wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:57 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:50 pm

Give our guys to McVey!? Luka and Kyren would be shit here because we wouldn’t have had a clue how to use them, just like half the offensive weapons we do have.
So happy all those jokers are GONE. PC, Waldron and Hurtt.
I'm happy about that too, but an empty hole for a coaching staff isn't warming my heart either.
It’s not like college. No need to rush into anything. Not gonna lose recruits, not going to have players enter the transfer portal. I’m good with them taking their time. Imagine if we had made the decision to hire Dan Quinn before yesterday? After watching that shit show, in a home fuckinf playoff game, as the 2 seed, against a QB who’s never been in a playoff game? I don’t want anyone associated with Dallas, do you?

Just an example of why we don’t need to be in any hurry, in my opinion. Hell, it might be that we watched Houston and decided we need to wait until their season is over to interview Slowik!

douche

Post by douche » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:18 pm

I'm quite content to see the Rams lose.

So... does McCarthy get to keep his job? Or is he long gone? Jones has a tendency to give coaches a pretty long leash.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:18 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:03 pm
trharder wrote:
D-train wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:57 pm

So happy all those jokers are GONE. PC, Waldron and Hurtt.
I'm happy about that too, but an empty hole for a coaching staff isn't warming my heart either.
It’s not like college. No need to rush into anything. Not gonna lose recruits, not going to have players enter the transfer portal. I’m good with them taking their time. Imagine if we had made the decision to hire Dan Quinn before yesterday? After watching that shit show, in a home fuckinf playoff game, as the 2 seed, against a QB who’s never been in a playoff game? I don’t want anyone associated with Dallas, do you?

Just an example of why we don’t need to be in any hurry, in my opinion. Hell, it might be that we watched Houston and decided we need to wait until their season is over to interview Slowik!
My thoughts exactly. Don't need a coaching staff in place until after the SB.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:19 pm

douche wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:18 pm

So... does McCarthy get to keep his job? Or is he long gone? Jones has a tendency to give coaches a pretty long leash.
Jones looked traumatized yesterday. I think think he might need to fire him for cathartic reasons. lol
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:36 pm

douche wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:18 pm

Just lost a road playoff game by one. The last time we played a road playoff game? Blowout loss. The last time we played a HOME playoff game? Blowout loss. It amazes me what McVey does. Salary cap Hell right? We know how to work the salary cap right? We do it the right way? Not sure many would take the current situation we are in over their’s.

I respect McVey and the Rams and Shannahan and the Niners. The amount of hate I see spewed by Seahawk fans about them shocks me. Maybe we should beat the, before we talk shit. Sorry Douche, I wasn’t saying you were talking shit, but it is out there right now from Seahawk fans. It’s like Oregon losing three straight to us but now talking shit. Makes no sense.

douche

Post by douche » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:15 pm

Completely understand and yes, I wasn't talking smack, I just like seeing divisional rivals lose.

And I agree, the Rams are doing something right. As are the Niners.

Thank goodness the Cards are in our division :lol:

trharder

Post by trharder » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:49 pm

Michael K. wrote:
trharder wrote:
I never said I was in a hurry. You made that up.
What I meant is that, although I'm glad Pete and staff are erased, I'm not of the opinion that any coaching staff will
be better. Getting rid of Pete is only a good thing if the next regime is better. Currently, we don't even know who the are.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:55 pm

douche wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:15 pm
Completely understand and yes, I wasn't talking smack, I just like seeing divisional rivals lose.

And I agree, the Rams are doing something right. As are the Niners.

Thank goodness the Cards are in our division :lol:
And the Cards would have beat us if their Sr. Citizen kicker doesn't miss two kicks in the final minutes....

I was worried that us winning that game and finishing with a winning record might Save Pete's ass but thank God the people making decisions weren't football people! :lol:
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:58 pm

trharder wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:49 pm
Michael K. wrote:
trharder wrote:
What I meant is that, although I'm glad Pete and staff are erased, I'm not of the opinion that any coaching staff will
be better. Getting rid of Pete is only a good thing if the next regime is better. Currently, we don't even know who the are.
Trust me. They will be better. :)
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:53 am

trharder wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:49 pm
Michael K. wrote:
trharder wrote:
I don't think I made anything up. Not sure how else to take that statement. Of course there is an empty hole there. Every team that fired their coach has an empty hole. Every team that fired their coach also has a reason. I suppose we could have just held on like New England did with the guy that has WAY more rings. Oh, wait, they are moving on too.

He didn't get let go because his way was working. He got let go because he refused to adapt, and doubled down on his refusal even when his way wasn't working.