Official NFL Mock Draft Simulator Thread - Post Your Mock Drafts!

57reasons

Re: Official NFL Mock Draft Simulator Thread - Post Your Mock Drafts!

Post by 57reasons » Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:15 am

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:58 pm
Accepted a couple of trade backs and then basically went BPA.

A few picks I liked.

Brandon Dorlus EDGE Oregon

Height: 6 - 3 |Weight: 291 lbs |RAS: N/A

Built like a combination between a defensive tackle and edge defender, Brandon Dorlus uses every bit of his 6'3", 278-pound frame. His strength at the point of attack is excellent, already capable of handling his own at the next level. But the surprising part of Dorlus' game is his agility and well-rounded nature as a technician. Dorlus is patient in his attack and will exploit the weaknesses of his blocker, whether it's splitting blockers with a sidestep, moving down the line and keeping his gap integrity, or winning with an inside swim move. He brings a high level of activity, and his power should help him see time as a 3-4 end early in his career. - Ian Valentino

Sedrick Van Pran OC Georgia

Height: 6 - 4 |Weight: 310 lbs |RAS: N/A

Sedrick Van Pran would have contended with Joe Tippmann and John Michael Schmitz as the first center off the board in the NFL Draft. Van Pran is an excellent mover who possesses an innate ability to pursue the correct angle at the second level while also having the lower-body composition and power to be a difference-maker at the first level. - Dalton Miller

Maason Smith DT LSU

Height: 6 - 5 |Weight: 316 lbs |RAS: N/A

Despite not making it through his first game as a true sophomore, the LSU Tigers defensive tackle remains one of the most heralded NFL Draft prospects in the 2024 cycle. His frame may be the most frightening since Shawn Oakman, and his game resembles Stephon Tuitt and David Irving. His freakish athleticism paired with improved hands and a little experience could secure him a top-10 selection come April. - Dalton Miller

Probably shouldn't have taken two centers though!
Your draft is too finesse Michael - only your first 8 of 9 picks are linemen! :P

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:07 pm

Haha, I had a shot at a few WRs, but liked the big boys that were available better.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:04 pm

This time I didn't trade back very far in the first because I liked Latu. Draft kind of got away from me though. Couldn't pass on Corum, so I guess we'll have to trade Charbs or Walker! LOL
Attachments
Feb 20th Draft 1.png
Feb 20th Draft 1.png (44.19 KiB) Viewed 330 times

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:27 pm

Crazy how different these can fall. I've seen Odunze as high as 3 or 4 and as low as 11 or 12!

I think this is the second time I've ended up with this kid. Grubb seems to like big arms!
Joe Milton
QB
Tennessee
Height: 6 - 5 |
Weight: 236 lbs |
RAS: N/A
Flashes controlled pocket movements vs. pressure Big, big arm Acceleration through throwing motion is insane The ball gets to the opposite hash instantaneously -Ian Cummings
Interesting Center as well. Though, probably get eaten alive by big DTs.
Andrew Raym
OC
Oklahoma
Height: 6 - 4 |
Weight: 305 lbs |
An athletic center who is a solid help blocker, Andrew Raym fits well into zone schemes that allow him to get into space and use his body to shield off defenders from the ball carrier. Raym does well when he can work directly upfield instead of laterally. He struggles with powerful nose tackles who can challenge his strength at the point of attack, making him a late-round prospect entering the offseason. - Ian Valentino
Attachments
Feb 20th 2.png
Feb 20th 2.png (46.45 KiB) Viewed 328 times

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:36 pm

I'm bored today, so why not another one?
Maason Smith
DT
LSU
Height: 6 - 5 |
Weight: 316 lbs |
Despite not making it through his first game as a true sophomore, the LSU Tigers defensive tackle remains one of the most heralded NFL Draft prospects in the 2024 cycle. His frame may be the most frightening since Shawn Oakman, and his game resembles Stephon Tuitt and David Irving. His freakish athleticism paired with improved hands and a little experience could secure him a top-10 selection come April. - Dalton Miller
Ended up with Joe Milton again. So, since I think I have gotten him three times, there is obviously zero chance that Seattle takes him. Tons of trades in this one. All started because I like Powers-Johnson and felt good about moving back and still getting him. Used that pick to move back up to get Sweat.
Attachments
Feb 20th 3.png
Feb 20th 3.png (53.77 KiB) Viewed 323 times

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:24 am

what is the trick to exporting the picks list into our chat board? i've tried all the tricks i know as an accountant, and can paste to Word separately, but cant make it appear here.

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:44 am

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:41 pm
HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:58 pm
Anyone know anything about South Carolina QB Spencer Rattler. Just watched a video of his highlights. Gotta say dude looks good. Possible sleeper. Possible Day 2 pick.
Kids mature, I get that. But I watched the Netflix special QB 1 with him in it? Ick, dude is a freaking Primadona.
That's when he was in HS though.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:48 am

57reasons wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:24 am
what is the trick to exporting the picks list into our chat board? i've tried all the tricks i know as an accountant, and can paste to Word separately, but cant make it appear here.
I screen shot it, save it as an attachment and then add it here as an attachment.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:48 am

HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:44 am
Michael K. wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:41 pm
HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:58 pm
Anyone know anything about South Carolina QB Spencer Rattler. Just watched a video of his highlights. Gotta say dude looks good. Possible sleeper. Possible Day 2 pick.
Kids mature, I get that. But I watched the Netflix special QB 1 with him in it? Ick, dude is a freaking Primadona.
That's when he was in HS though.
True, like I said...I know kids mature. Just rubbed me the wrong way.

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:04 am

Time for another stab in the sim mock draft. I still like my first best because of all the picks I picked up for the 2025 draft.

My one novelty choice was #232; could not resist a player with the name, STORM DUCK!
~
2024NFL_.png
2024NFL_.png (36.39 KiB) Viewed 293 times
~
May the CB Storm Duck fly in the secondary, get many tackles and intercept passes worthy of his name.
Hope he doesn't play like duck crap (or Jamal Adams).
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!