MM cancels the last day of involuntary mini camp

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: MM cancels the last day of involuntary mini camp

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:19 am

But, with the players no longer able to be who they are as individuals, the team morale is likely to plummet and they will be a less cohesive unit on the field as their desire to win games for their coach erodes. :(

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:57 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:19 am
But, with the players no longer able to be who they are as individuals, the team morale is likely to plummet and they will be a less cohesive unit on the field as their desire to win games for their coach erodes. :(
Yeah I am sure all those Raven defenders that registered career highs in sacks and are about to be paid 10s of millions because of it have lost their will to live.
dt

douche

Post by douche » Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:01 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:19 am
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Macdonald should bring back the basketball hoop and throw a slumber party for the players... :D

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jun 19, 2024 10:22 pm

Pete's advisor role is so comical. Did a single soul believed it would amount to anything??

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... e-mailbag/
dt

douche

Post by douche » Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:31 pm

The organization let him down gently. They're paying him the balance of his contract anyway so they made him an 'advisor', even if its a nothing role. PR thing, and a show of respect for what he accomplished here as coach. Nothing more than that, as near as anyone can tell.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:51 pm

Had nothing to do with him, he didn't give a shit about having an advisory role , this was about their fan base. I know canning him was popular here, it wasn't so much elsewhere. They let their fan base down easy. What's interesting is Pete went along with it. I think it shows what a strong organization it really is.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Jun 20, 2024 2:59 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:51 pm
Had nothing to do with him, he didn't give a shit about having an advisory role , this was about their fan base. I know canning him was popular here, it wasn't so much elsewhere. They let their fan base down easy. What's interesting is Pete went along with it. I think it shows what a strong organization it really is.
Pete also said he still wants to coach. Tell me the last rumor you heard of someone interested in bringing him in? You are listening to the loud minority if you think the fan base was mad. The true fan base was tired of losing the same way over and over and hearing the same BS why. They were tired if new coaches being brought in to do the same old bullshit, and they knew why. Pete had no option. The organization did him a favor.

He still wants to coach, according to him. Why isn’t he? The same reason Bevell went a few years before finding a new job…he isn’t in demand. This advisory bullshit was a lifetime achievement award, and good on the organization for doing it. But I don’t see this as an olive branch to the fan base. The real fan base has grown tired of what we had become, and placed the blame where it belongs.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Jun 20, 2024 3:37 pm

. Pete Carroll is no longer the Seattle Seahawks head coach. As surprising as that news is, some of the sting should be taken out by the knowledge that Carroll won’t be leaving. According to team chair Jody Allen’s statement, Carroll will be sticking around in an advisor role fo the front office. As you can imagine, the news has come as a shock to many Seahawks fans – who are expressing their regret at Carroll moving on as well as gratitude for everything that he accomplished.

Nwadventure

Post by Nwadventure » Thu Jun 20, 2024 4:50 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 2:59 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:51 pm
Pete also said he still wants to coach. Tell me the last rumor you heard of someone interested in bringing him in? You are listening to the loud minority if you think the fan base was mad. The true fan base was tired of losing the same way over and over and hearing the same BS why. They were tired if new coaches being brought in to do the same old bullshit, and they knew why. Pete had no option. The organization did him a favor.

He still wants to coach, according to him. Why isn’t he? The same reason Bevell went a few years before finding a new job…he isn’t in demand. This advisory bullshit was a lifetime achievement award, and good on the organization for doing it. But I don’t see this as an olive branch to the fan base. The real fan base has grown tired of what we had become, and placed the blame where it belongs.
Amen- Same ole BS -Grew so old, year after year -

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Jun 20, 2024 4:59 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 3:37 pm
. Pete Carroll is no longer the Seattle Seahawks head coach. As surprising as that news is, some of the sting should be taken out by the knowledge that Carroll won’t be leaving. According to team chair Jody Allen’s statement, Carroll will be sticking around in an advisor role fo the front office. As you can imagine, the news has come as a shock to many Seahawks fans – who are expressing their regret at Carroll moving on as well as gratitude for everything that he accomplished.
So, some source you didn’t even site said all the fans are pissed…must be true. Did you research this from you extensive communications with Seahawk fans where you live? I know a lot of Seahawk fans. A LOT. I don’t know ONE who was upset about the move.

For all we know, the “source” you just sited also said the Seahwawks were doomed when Russ left, and he would continue his Hall of Fame career and we’d collapse. Instead? The Broncos sucked and we made the playoffs and Russ got benched then cut. Yet? If you go look at “sources” after the trade? You won’t find ONE that said the Hawks were better off. Again? The fans I know? Liked the move….it was time to move on.

Pete wasn’t given this to placate the fans, and if fans saw this as something Pete was being honored with? Then they are idiots.

Again, if this guy was so well thought of, why hasn’t anyone reached out about granting him his wish of continuing his coaching career?