Down with the Browns game thread

Michael K.

Re: Down with the Browns game thread

Post by Michael K. » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:34 pm

ThePro wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:06 am
Michael K. wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:40 am

And yet started over Penny. Not sure how that makes your argument.
And now he's gone. If Davis was so much better than Penny they wouldn't have let him go this season.
Well, money certainly has a lot to do with it. One is on a rookie deal and the other is getting over paid by the Bears. You are 1,000% missing the point. It floors me that you want to claim the kid hasn't had chances. He has had many, and a few highlight reel runs haven't been enough. We haven't had a back since Alexander that goes down that easy, and maybe not once since C Mike miss more holes. Six games in to season two and I am still waiting to see a first round RB.

You blame Carson's talent for why he wasn't on the field, say he is better than Davis, yet when he got his shot with Carson out Davis was the man. I guess these coaches just dont see football talent at RB as well as you do?

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:49 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:34 pm

Well, money certainly has a lot to do with it. One is on a rookie deal and the other is getting over paid by the Bears. You are 1,000% missing the point. It floors me that you want to claim the kid hasn't had chances. He has had many, and a few highlight reel runs haven't been enough. We haven't had a back since Alexander that goes down that easy, and maybe not once since C Mike miss more holes. Six games in to season two and I am still waiting to see a first round RB.

You blame Carson's talent for why he wasn't on the field, say he is better than Davis, yet when he got his shot with Carson out Davis was the man. I guess these coaches just dont see football talent at RB as well as you do?
He's had one chance to beat out Carson since he's been here. Only one. He was out with an injury. You say stuff that nobody else is seeing. Penny can't start himself He can't give himself more carries. He can't put himself back there to return kicks. He's not playing so he's a bust. That logic makes no sense whatsoever. Penny does not miss holes. You have nothing.. absolutely nothing to validate that. Complete bullshit.

Why didn't Aaron Rodgers beat out Brett Farve his 1st year? Rodgers was a 1st round pick. Farve was only a 2nd rounder. Why is Lockett #1 WR now? How come he couldn't beat out Baldwin before? Baldwin was a UDFA Lockett was a 3rd round pick. Why did it take so long?

You want the Hawks to take away carries from Carson so they can see if Penny is a starter? Who does that?

Young player behind a veteran. Has nothing to do with ability or draft status.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:57 pm

Huh? So, once again, in your opinion, the coaches are holding him back?

That is ridiculous. The coaches saw him in two different summer camps and two different pre seasons. They know what they have....he doesn't play because the guys who DO play are better.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:25 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:57 pm
Huh? So, once again, in your opinion, the coaches are holding him back?

That is ridiculous. The coaches saw him in two different summer camps and two different pre seasons. They know what they have....he doesn't play because the guys who DO play are better.
No the coaches aren't holding him back. You're right they do know what they have and they speak very highly of him.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:50 pm

Actions speak louder than words.

My guess is if Penny was getting all the playing time and the back up was being talked up, you'd say the same.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:55 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:50 pm
Actions speak louder than words.

My guess is if Penny was getting all the playing time and the back up was being talked up, you'd say the same.
That makes no sense whatsoever.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:01 pm

Not sure why. If Penny was playing, and the coaches were talking up his backup, I am sure you wouldn’t put much stock into the words the coaches used to talk up the backup. Since it is your boy Penny that is getting talked up, despite not playing, you give those words credit.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:24 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:01 pm
Not sure why. If Penny was playing, and the coaches were talking up his backup, I am sure you wouldn’t put much stock into the words the coaches used to talk up the backup. Since it is your boy Penny that is getting talked up, despite not playing, you give those words credit.
I said clearly "That makes no sense whatsoever " That wasn't a call for an explanation. It was a PC way of saying you are completely full of shit. Penny is not "my boy" Whatever the hell that means. You are some type of weird Penny hater. Remember now no crying . You've earned every spoonful of crow.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:37 pm

Come on, Pro. That's over the top. Nobody hates Penny here, we might hate that they used a high draft pick on him though. That doesn't mean necessarily that we don't believe he can earn playing time and contribute to the team's success.. As of right now, there is little evidence that he could take over as the #1 back and perform at the same level as Carson and they could have found someone for his role way later in the draft. Sure, i realize Carson was coming off an injury and Rawls had fizzled out etc. It is still a frustrating situation when they had major needs at safety and OL.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:23 pm

ThePro wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:24 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:01 pm
I said clearly "That makes no sense whatsoever " That wasn't a call for an explanation. It was a PC way of saying you are completely full of shit. Penny is not "my boy" Whatever the hell that means. You are some type of weird Penny hater. Remember now no crying . You've earned every spoonful of crow.
You and your BS crow eating shit again. What will it take for that to be necessary, to make up for what has been a pretty damn pedestrian performance for almost 1.5 seasons now?