Let's Ride! Broncos' Country Amusement Thread

Donn Beach

Re: Let's Ride! Broncos' Country Amusement Thread

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Oct 17, 2024 6:47 am

RW has been listed as the first string QB the entire season. Fields has played well by staying within his limitations. Tomlin probably wants to see if RW can push the ball upfield, take the offense up a notch. But if it backfires it look pretty bad, quite a gamble
"Justin has been really good -- and we've been really good at times -- but not to be confused with great," Tomlin said. "Man, this is a competitive league. We're trying to position ourselves to be that team, and we got a player with talent who hadn't had an opportunity to play, so we're going to potentially explore those things."
Interesting Fields is considered the better runner, more mobile QB.
"When you've got a guy like that that can make plays with his feet, it takes pressure off of us," left tackle Dan Moore said. "We give up pressures and sack situations that he can get out of and not only extend plays but make plays out of it. It helps us out tremendously."

trharder

Post by trharder » Fri Oct 18, 2024 1:00 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2024 6:47 am
Interesting Fields is considered the better runner, more mobile QB.
I feel like you haven't seen Fields play lately. He is way more mobile than RW at this point in RW's career.
Russ looks fat again, BTW.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Oct 18, 2024 2:32 am

Yeah, I was trying for what I thought was some irony. That had been RWs bread and butter, particularly at the early part of his career.