Official 2020 NFL Draft thread

Michael K.

Re: Official 2020 NFL Draft thread

Post by Michael K. » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:11 am

The NFL sent camera to 58 living rooms. We managed to use the 27th pick on someone no one else felt was better than 59...yet there are still people justifying it here. I wish I was shocked.

Yep, let's get cute and look smart instead of being smart.

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:16 am

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:11 am
The NFL sent camera to 58 living rooms. We managed to use the 27th pick on someone no one else felt was better than 59...yet there are still people justifying it here. I wish I was shocked.

Who would you have drafted there?

I was going with a running back and trading back because I didn't see a particular need being met with that pick. It seemed like an up-in-the-air type selection in terms of position.

Yetur Gross Matos didn't go to us at 27, nor anyone 28-32 either... he just didn't seem like the viable option and now it looks like they're still hedging their bets on Clowney. Looking on Twitter, I've seen a number of people talk about rumors that Brooks had made his way into the early second range and could possibly be picked ahead of Patrick Queen. Welp, he did.

Did you want an offensive tackle? Ezra Cleveland and Josh Jones I suppose were options... but if the Hawks weren't high on either player at that pick and see another offensive tackle they can draft with one of their second rounders... then I think that's what you got. They're rumored to be quite high on Robert Hunt who could be had with one of those picks... maybe that's who they are sold on. They will for sure trade back with one of their second rounders to add more picks as well.

I would have been totally fine with Jalen Reagor with that pick, unfortunately he went to the Eagles.
Last edited by IStillLoveTheMs on Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:18 am

I see that in his arms.

Have read multiple articles on him. Says not good in pass coverage. Nice

Like the no burst fir Collier. Saw that in spades.

McDowell not playing hard and red flags off field. Saw that as well.

Ifedi struggles in pass coverage. Saw that as well.

Very, very concerned on Johns evaluation in round one.

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:21 am

Gametime wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:18 am
I see that in his arms.

??

It's not that he's not good in pass coverage, it's that he wasn't asked to do that at TTU. They played him in the box mostly. The jury is out there.

You haven't seen Collier play with the exception of very few snaps.

You didn't see McDowell play at all because he nailed his head.

Ifedi was seen as very raw, but he was still projected to go exactly where he went... late in the first round... because of the athletic upside.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:24 am

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:16 am
Michael K. wrote:

Did you watch the draft? If you did, you saw five picks taken after ours, and then they showed five guys they felt were the best available.

That is ten names I would START with as who I would have taken, because there was not one I liked less than the Joker we got. Start there dude, then look at names NOT those ten...and if you cant come up with about 15 or 20 more? Then I can't help you.

Jesus, I am tired of people in here demanding I do the fuxking GMs job. THERE WAS NO CAMERA IN HIS HOUSE BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE WANTED HIM.

He is going to get paid first round money to either backup our MLB or try to replace our OLBs. Yep, no chance we could have taken someone here that would have been a position of need and helped us now. Not a chance

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:25 am

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:21 am
Gametime wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:18 am
I see that in his arms.

??

It's not that he's not good in pass coverage, it's that he wasn't asked to do that at TTU. They played him in the box mostly. The jury is out there.

You haven't seen Collier play with the exception of very few snaps.

You didn't see McDowell play at all because he nailed his head.

Ifedi was seen as very raw, but he was still projected to go exactly where he went... late in the first round... because of the athletic upside.
Read that again and tell me you think the bullshit you typed justified those picks?

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:27 am

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:24 am
IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:16 am
Michael K. wrote:

Did you watch the draft? If you did, you saw five picks taken after ours, and then they showed five guys they felt were the best available.

That is ten names I would START with as who I would have taken, because there was not one I liked less than the Joker we got. Start there dude, then look at names NOT those ten...and if you cant come up with about 15 or 20 more? Then I can't help you.

Jesus, I am tired of people in here demanding I do the fuxking GMs job. THERE WAS NO CAMERA IN HIS HOUSE BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE WANTED HIM.

He is going to get paid first round money to either backup our MLB or try to replace our OLBs. Yep, no chance we could have taken someone here that would have been a position of need and helped us now. Not a chance
I said before the draft that I figured the Hawks would trade back because it was basically a wash when you consider need and the players rated 20-40... I disagree with you that any player selected just after him or the next 10 after that are as big of an impact compared to him as you're making it.

I wanted them to draft Jonathan Taylor and would have been thrilled if they did... but because the Seahawks needs aren't as pointed (you could argue defensive end, but again... if they think they're signing Clowney there's not much need), I figured the positional selection would be broad so I didn't really know.

What am I demanding? I simply asked what player you would have liked there.

Apparently that's not true that nobody wanted him... you heard on ESPN as soon as the pick was made that a couple GM's had said he's a guy they really wanted. Maybe not in the first round? But who knows if one of those GM's was from a team who was picking early in the 2nd.
Last edited by IStillLoveTheMs on Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:29 am

Again, concerned about his evaluation in first round. His record isn’t good.

We will see in Brooks. When I saw him live he looked fast. Made some nice plays. Was fast for sure.

Not happy with the pick. At least he had a better career than Collier did.

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:31 am

Gametime wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:29 am
Again, concerned about his evaluation in first round. His record isn’t good.

We will see in Brooks. When I saw him live he looked fast. Made some nice plays. Was fast for sure.

Not happy with the pick. At least he had a better career than Collier did.
Yeah he did have a better career than Collier.

He was an all conference selection all 4 years at TTU, he ranked top 6 nationally in tackles for loss, he was a second team All American and a finalist for the Butkus award.

I like this pick more than I like/liked Collier.

I agree with you, I don't like Collier all that much... but he'll get his chance, and if he sucks then I'll be warranted in that assessment.

I don't believe the same will happen for Brooks.

I'm curious, who would you have picked there?

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:32 am

Mike k, I didn’t like Collier at all. I watch a ton of Big 12, and didn’t like that.

Ifedi, was hyped but understood the need.

McDowell motor was always an issue.

Brooks at least is more of an impact player than McDowell or Collier imo.