Official 2020 NFL Draft thread

DavidGee24

Re: Official 2020 NFL Draft thread

Post by DavidGee24 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:38 pm

It's just one man's opinion, but this writer has our pick graded dead last out of 32. Please be horribly wrong. https://www.yahoo.com/sports/2020-nfl-d ... 48465.html

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:38 pm

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:11 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:52 pm
Awesome. A guy "guaranteed to go in the top 60" went 27....to us. I feel so much better about that now.

Oh, and that historically awesome drafting organization the Raiders also took a guy too early. Now I really feel better.
No. Top 50.

Brooks' range was anywhere from 27 to 50 apparently.

About the only players who are left in the draft that were figured to possibly be drafted before 27 are Yetur Gross Matos and Xavier McKinney. Maybe AJ Espenesa. The rest fit right into that 27 to 50 range.
A post on the seahawks draft blog site had a good perspective: based solely on height/weight/speed (sub 4.5 40 supposedly) and stats, 20 years ago Brooks would have been a top 12 pick. Recall Marvin Jones going top 10 after running a 4.5 at 20 pounds lighter. I do like this pick FAR better than Collier pick last year, and as long they address pass rush today tomorrow, ok with it completely. seems the plan may be to cut KJ, move Barton to Will, Irvin/Brooks split time at SAM with Irvin moving to LEO on 3rd downs. and sorry to say replaces Bobby in 2021 when cutting him saves 13M. did see him regress considerably in 2019 and getting close to 30.

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:45 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:36 pm
IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:31 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:29 pm
I love the stories now saying they tried to trade back so they could take him in the second round. So, they had to take him at 27 because someone else might, but the first plan was to trade out of the first all together and still get him!?
No... you're wrong. They tried to trade back to 30 and had a deal in place with the Packers who were trading up to draft Jordan Love. The Packers instead did a deal with the Dolphins to move up to 26th and the Hawks couldn't find a partner to trade back so they drafted the highest player on their board.

They would have drafted him at 30... but it fell through.

Rumors are the Ravens were high on him at 28, the Packers were high on him at 30 but Love was available so they traded up, and possibly the Bengals at 33.

I've said this 40 times now...
You've told me rumors and maybes. The bottom line is we took a six foot two hundred forty pound LB hoping he can take over for one of the guys we already have, guys we didn't use first round capital for. And yes, when you pointed out the Raiders did it I responded that might not be the best example of things you should do. You don't agree?
I'm sorry that you don't believe what football analysts have said/rumored about Brooks and his potential draft position... I've posted photos of the tweets that support this notion. I've quoted podcasts I've listened to of experts who support these rumors. You can look up the mock drafts I've mentioned yourself, they're not hard to find. If they didn't exist I wouldn't present them.

What is wrong with 6'0 240? That's typical size for a LB in the NFL + he has longer arms than most linebackers who are 2 inches taller than him... he has 33 inch arms that are longer than most corners and defensive tackles... it's a huge plus to have that wing span in both pass coverage and tackle range... you keep referencing his size like it's a bad thing. His size is completely normal if not better than normal. He also can run the 40 in the 4.4's lol again, before you say... BUT HE RAN A 4.54!!! Which is still damn good... I'll say it again, he started running again 1 week before the combine for the first time in months recovering from shoulder surgery.

My argument has nothing to do with the Raiders pick you clown. Whether I agree or not has nothing to do with anything. You presented a scenario regarding cameras in players homes and were quickly shot down in 30 seconds.

I have no idea if the Raiders made a good pick or not... that wasn't my argument or the scenario.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:51 pm

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:45 pm

What is wrong with 6'0 240? That's typical size for a LB in the NFL + he has longer arms than most linebackers who are 2 inches taller than him... you keep referencing his size like it's a bad thing. His size is completely normal. He also can run the 40 in the 4.4's lol again, before you say... BUT HE RAN A 4.54!!! Which is still damn good... I'll say it again, he started running again 1 week before the combine for the first time in months recovering from shoulder surgery.

He is ten lbs heavier then BBK, the same height, and had the same forty time. Now we are rounding from 4.5 down to 4.4? John Ross is now running a 4.1 I guess? It is a relevant topic.

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:45 pm
My argument has nothing to do with the Raiders pick you clown. Whether I agree or not has nothing to do with anything. You presented a scenario regarding cameras in players homes and were quickly shot down in 30 seconds.

I have no idea if the Raiders made a good pick or not... that wasn't the argument or scenario.
I am a clown? The ONLY other team that took a guy not in the "invited list" is the Raiders. How is it not relevant that I point that out?

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:58 pm

Like I said last night, I don’t hate the pick. I just wish we didn’t have him. Coverage issues at LB killed us. So, we draft a LB who has major coverage issues. We have pass rush issues, so we draft a LB who doesn’t sack the QB. He’s great at Val hawking runners and a great cracker. But, issues in two other areas. That’s why I don’t want him. Last years pick I hated. A one year wonder type player. At least Brooks has been good every year.

Hope they hit homer runs with the rest of the picks for D line.

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:02 pm

Holy fucking shit.

You are the king of straw man aren't you?

My argument is not that the Raiders made a good pick.

You said we're the only team who would draft a player that didn't have a camera... I point out that the Raiders did a number of picks earlier... you fling a total strawman.

All I did was provide you almost instantly of an example that contradicts your point about the fucking cameras. I don't care that you made an extra point after you were corrected.

Yes, he would have ran in the 4'4s if he had time to prepare for the combine, Brooks himself said his 40-time was ran when he wasn't close to 100%... Imagine if you had shoulder surgery, didn't run for 5 months... and then picked up running a week before you're tested in the 40... don't you think you'd run a little bit faster if you had been able to prep months in advance?

Bobby Wagner is 242 lbs... Bobby Wagner is 6'0... Bobby Wagner has 33" arms...

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:18 pm

I never said anything about your argument. Your response to my question of "who else does this" was "the Raiders". I then responded. I am not allowed to respond? The conversation has to end at your statement? How is it a strawman to ask why we did something that only the Raiders did? I have said many times, this belief that we do things differently and there can be no debating if it is correct is foolish. The fact that we struggle to get talent in the first round is a problem, and the fact that yesterday we did something that only the Raiders did is not promising, and completely worth discussing. You don't want to talk about it, then stop talking about it. Problem solved.

I simply pointed out his comparison to BBK as a response to you telling me I'm stupid for calling him small. The knock on BBK was his size, correct?. And it was funny seeing his forty time of 4.5.....and you tell us he runs a 4.4. More ifs. Has he ever run a 4.4, or are you just assuming his shoulder injury cost him 0.6 due to training? More speculation. Others might have taken him, we tried to trade down, he probably would have run faster. And I am using strawman arguments?

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:37 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:18 pm
I never said anything about your argument. Your response to my question of "who else does this" was "the Raiders". I then responded. I am not allowed to respond? The conversation has to end at your statement? How is it a strawman to ask why we did something that only the Raiders did? I have said many times, this belief that we do things differently and there can be no debating if it is correct is foolish. The fact that we struggle to get talent in the first round is a problem, and the fact that yesterday we did something that only the Raiders did is not promising, and completely worth discussing. You don't want to talk about it, then stop talking about it. Problem solved.

I simply pointed out his comparison to BBK as a response to you telling me I'm stupid for calling him small. The knock on BBK was his size, correct?. And it was funny seeing his forty time of 4.5.....and you tell us he runs a 4.4. More ifs. Has he ever run a 4.4, or are you just assuming his shoulder injury cost him 0.6 due to training? More speculation. Others might have taken him, we tried to trade down, he probably would have run faster. And I am using strawman arguments?
Again, I don't care that it's the Raiders. You made a point that was immediately refuted about the cameras. I don't care what team did it.

You do realize how big a difference 10 pounds is when it comes to being an athlete?... what it does to the body when you add 10 pounds or wear 10 extra lbs? These guys are extremely lean so adding 10 lbs is a HUGE difference in overall mass.

That said, arm length is a major plus for him. 33" arms are rare as fk... I believe this this year's corner class only had like 7 players with arms of 33" or more... and these are dude's who have completely different body types.

The Hawks haven't selected a defensive lineman with sub 33" arms under Carroll... that should tell you how much they value length.

Director of the Senior Bowl aint posting nonsense:

Goms

Post by Goms » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:46 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:24 pm
Things to never say when trying to support your opinion about the NFL draft. "The Raiders did it too!"
Or the media had no cameras on him!

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:21 pm

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:37 pm

Again, I don't care that it's the Raiders. You made a point that was immediately refuted about the cameras. I don't care what team did it.
Of course you don't, because it doesn't support your opinion. The other team to do it isn't a team that I would like us to be like, and I imagine you don't either, so you want to deflect from that. That is my point. Your point is now that it doesn't matter, someone else did it. If the other team that did it was traditionally good? You'd be sprinting away with that point like a guy who ran a 4.5 forty. Then you would tell me it was actually a 4.4!
IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
You do realize how big a difference 10 pounds is when it comes to being an athlete?... what it does to the body when you add 10 pounds or wear 10 extra lbs? These guys are extremely lean so adding 10 lbs is a HUGE difference in overall mass.
So, he is bigger by 10 lbs. I didn't say he wasn't. I simply found a guy close. Somehow you can make him faster just because you think he should be, but I find a guy within 10 lbs who is the same height and ran the same forty time? You are a freaking hypocrite.
IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
That said, arm length is a major plus for him. 33" arms are rare as fk... I believe this this year's corner class only had like 7 players with arms of 33" or more... and these are dude's who have completely different body types.

The Hawks haven't selected a defensive lineman with sub 33" arms under Carroll... that should tell you how much they value length.
He doesn't play DL, he is a LB. KJ had long arms too. Amazing he slid all the way to the 4th round anyway! :shock:

Again, this team reached for a guy, and many in here, despite the continued lack of success with this strategy by these men in the early rounds, continue to pound home that it is perfectly fine. It must be the constant stream of Pro Bowlers we have added in the draft the last three or four years that drives up so much confidence! It must be the fact that, like the Raiders, we drafted a guy that wouldn't have been in the Green Room. Unlike the amazing Raiders, we didn't also get a first round talent at WR. Though, I think they took the wrong WR from Bama.