Re: Post Mortem: Seahawks v Big Easy

Post by D-train » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:08 am

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:04 am
ThePro wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:08 am
Michael K. wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:51 pm
To me there is no difference. For one thing he is no longer a rookie...and he is probably the least productive RB of any drafted that year that made a team and played. The Redskins will probably still try to use Guice as their starter when healthy, and he has played about 4 quarters of real football in 1.25 seasons.

I am not willing to say he can do these off the charts things you mentioned, especially since it doesn't happen often. We have seen Carson be the man, and I imagine the coaches allow this because they have watched these guys in practice and games for the past 19 or so months and have a pretty good idea who gives them the best chance to win.
None of the RB you mentioned have a starter the quality of Carson in front of them. They were all given the starting job. They didn't beat out anyone. If Chubb or Michel were here they would be behind Carson too getting minimal carries. Your argument doesn't hold any water. I don't know what you have against the kid personally. It's getting old.
Yep, which would be a great reason why OTHER teams used a high draft pick on a Back. We took one that was 3rd string for half a season!
Not quite as high a pick as us though................
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:13 am

D-train wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:08 am

No biggie, 3rd string Back, 3rd Down back? Obviously it was a great pick because one day he might be worth it. HB told me this for four seasons about C Mike.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:31 am

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:13 am
D-train wrote:

No biggie, 3rd string Back, 3rd Down back? Obviously it was a great pick because one day he might be worth it. HB told me this for four seasons about C Mike.
One has nothing to do with the other. C mike never , ever not even once displayed the kind of ability that Penny does.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:45 pm

ThePro wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:31 am
Michael K. wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:13 am
D-train wrote:

One has nothing to do with the other. C mike never , ever not even once displayed the kind of ability that Penny does.
And neither has displayed the kind of ability equal to their draft position either! We are three games into season two and I am told by people defending the player and why he is worthy of the pick that I need to wait for him. Why is it that with high picks we should wait for it?

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:51 pm

Sound like Penny probably misses the game Sunday. PC is supporting Carson 1000% per his own comments.
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:55 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:45 pm

And neither has displayed the kind of ability equal to their draft position either! We are three games into season two and I am told by people defending the player and why he is worthy of the pick that I need to wait for him. Why is it that with high picks we should wait for it?
That simply is not true. Everyone else has seen Penny play. Some of his highlights a jaw dropping. That 37 yarder the Pittsburgh game . That is elite. There are only a handful of players that can make a cut like that. To say otherwise is nonsense. He can't make an impact if he doesn't play. But that time is coming soon. .. Remember no crying

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:25 pm

Jaw dropping highlights, big plays but no consistency. Sounds very C Mikeish.

Explosive athlete with poor vision doesn't always make an NFL RB, and certainly isn't a 1st rounder. I really hope you are right, because Carson could be broken. He seemed very mental after the last fumble, and we know everyone is going to attack the ball now. Will his concern over ball security effect his yards after contact?

Not sure what is up with the hammy, but with Prosise's injury history, Carson's new found fumbleitis and Homer being yet another rookie that can't get on the field? We need you to be right about Penny.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:30 pm

I predict CC overcomes the fumbles and Penny remains a pretty good 2 portion of the 1-2 punch.

dt
dt

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:01 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:25 pm
Jaw dropping highlights, big plays but no consistency. Sounds very C Mikeish.

Explosive athlete with poor vision doesn't always make an NFL RB, and certainly isn't a 1st rounder. I really hope you are right, because Carson could be broken. He seemed very mental after the last fumble, and we know everyone is going to attack the ball now. Will his concern over ball security effect his yards after contact?

Not sure what is up with the hammy, but with Prosise's injury history, Carson's new found fumbleitis and Homer being yet another rookie that can't get on the field? We need you to be right about Penny.
No one is seeing what you're seeing..
For starters, Penny’s ability to consistently make the proper read and hit the hole was evident, and as I noted in the Run Game Review for Carson that week, every single handoff to Penny against the Steelers came on an inside zone run. Thus, it appears as though the team may have reached a point where they are comfortable giving Penny the ball extensively in a zone running attack. At the same time, Carson seems likely to find himself in the doghouse for his continued fumble issues.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:08 pm

Not sure where you got that quote, but Penny still isn't practicing from a hammy injury during a walk through, and the coaches themselves back Carson. Why would they back Carson if "everyone else" seed the supreme ability in Penny, and the guy starting has as many fumbles as games played?

Slapping one quote out there and saying everyone sees it but me is ludicrous. If the coaches see it, why are they still "1,000 percent behind Carson"?