Our non existent pass rush

ThePro

Re: Our non existent pass rush

Post by ThePro » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:19 pm

douche wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:13 pm
Ok ...stop right there. What makes you think they are not making "halftime adjustments " You tealize there is zero chance of that happening..right?

You must have missed the wildcard game in DAL last year when Carroll essentially admitted that they stuck with the run game too long.
They still made halftime adjustments. What you're saying is ridiculous and you have nothing to validate it .

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:19 pm

douche wrote:
Ok ...stop right there. What makes you think they are not making "halftime adjustments " You tealize there is zero chance of that happening..right?

You must have missed the wildcard game in DAL last year when Carroll essentially admitted that they stuck with the run game too long.
They still made halftime adjustments. What you're saying is ridiculous and you have nothing to validate it .

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:54 pm

What we have to validate it with is that most of the time, if things aren't working in the first half, they don't in the second half either. For years, the issues with the offense were only fixed in the 4th quarter when the coaches got out of the way and informed Russ that since we are down multiple scores he needs to take over! That isn't an adjustment, it's playing catchup because your game plan dug you a hole that your adjustments didn't dig you out of!

douche

Post by douche » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:20 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:54 pm
What we have to validate it with is that most of the time, if things aren't working in the first half, they don't in the second half either. For years, the issues with the offense were only fixed in the 4th quarter when the coaches got out of the way and informed Russ that since we are down multiple scores he needs to take over! That isn't an adjustment, it's playing catchup because your game plan dug you a hole that your adjustments didn't dig you out of!
Word.

douche

Post by douche » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:23 pm

ThePro wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:19 pm
douche wrote:

The loss was validation enough for me. It was only at the end of that game when Wilson started chucking it, that the offense scored. Alas, too little, too late because Carroll refused to abandon the run, even though time was running out.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:30 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Not necessarily. Teams with a lead go to softer zone coverage to prevent a big play. Just because they have success passing late in games means it is an adjustment or it would have worked early. I find it comical that some of you think you are smarter than Carroll.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:34 pm

and the fact is the Hawks is a team that wins games in the second half, but they do not get credit for making adjustment or even winning i guess, they should have won them in the first half

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:38 pm

ThePro wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:30 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Not necessarily. Teams with a lead go to softer zone coverage to prevent a big play. Just because they have success passing late in games means it is an adjustment or it would have worked early. I find it comical that some of you think you are smarter than Carroll.
I think more about the offense. They come out slow and don't adjust unless down two scores. That is stubborn, not stupid. Carroll is pig headed, and I think it gets worse in his old age. There have been games were we will do nothing on offense for two quarters, get the second half kick and go three and out. That doesn't exactly instill confidence in me that halftime was anything more than him trying to give a motivational speech!

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:39 pm

ThePro wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:30 pm
Michael K. wrote:
This is true.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:43 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:34 pm
and the fact is the Hawks is a team that wins games in the second half, but they do not get credit for making adjustment or even winning i guess, they should have won them in the first half
Maybe try to win the game in the first half. That wouldn't kill them would it? You can't win a game until the 4th quarter is the stupidest mantra I have ever heard. Go watch the Playoff game against Carolina and tell me when they won that game? The Panthers sealed it in about the middle of the 2nd quarter and curled up into a ball because the rest of the game didn't matter. All because we consider a punt in the first half a win because we didn't turn the ball over.