More on Clowney

Michael K.

Re: More on Clowney

Post by Michael K. » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:00 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:47 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:30 pm
to get back to Collier, I wondered about him being compared to Bennett. Not gonna call it a red light but Bennett was a pretty unique ballplayer seems to me. They were not looking for Collier to make his living setting the edge, he wasn't going to be Frank Clark. Bennett was more complex than that, it would take experience to be that sort of player. On one hand the pick seemed like a need pick, but on the other they went with a guy they wanted to develop. This doesn't excuse his poor season, but i never figured he was going to be a big impact guy
Collier will get another pass this year as they blame his lack of production on Covid. And then at age 25 he might have a few sacks and be only slightly below average and it will be hailed as a resurgence and he will be commended for his perseverance and hard work next season.
And in year four he will have 7 sacks....the 12s will scream about how he is obviously worth a first round pick...and he will sign somewhere else.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:09 am

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:00 am
D-train wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:47 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:30 pm
to get back to Collier, I wondered about him being compared to Bennett. Not gonna call it a red light but Bennett was a pretty unique ballplayer seems to me. They were not looking for Collier to make his living setting the edge, he wasn't going to be Frank Clark. Bennett was more complex than that, it would take experience to be that sort of player. On one hand the pick seemed like a need pick, but on the other they went with a guy they wanted to develop. This doesn't excuse his poor season, but i never figured he was going to be a big impact guy
Collier will get another pass this year as they blame his lack of production on Covid. And then at age 25 he might have a few sacks and be only slightly below average and it will be hailed as a resurgence and he will be commended for his perseverance and hard work next season.
And in year four he will have 7 sacks....the 12s will scream about how he is obviously worth a first round pick...and he will sign somewhere else.
Its freakin Twilight Zone.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:23 am

did you guys open the article?...come on, you missed this?...the highlight of his season, his checkout meeting, really nailed it! ...
"Obviously, we would have liked to have seen him make a little bit more of a dent," Schneider said while reflecting on Collier's season. "But his checkout meeting was awesome. He’s really excited about next year and what that brings."
guess it was a pretty bad injury....

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:32 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:23 am
did you guys open the article?...come on, you missed this?...the highlight of his season, his checkout meeting, really nailed it! ...
"Obviously, we would have liked to have seen him make a little bit more of a dent," Schneider said while reflecting on Collier's season. "But his checkout meeting was awesome. He’s really excited about next year and what that brings."
guess it was a pretty bad injury....
Wow, first First Hillary endorses Biden and now this! Earth shattering news all day long today! :)
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:28 am

ThePro wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:26 pm
I don't think Hawks want him..

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... n-clowney/
that does seem crazy not to do that, seems absolutely ideal for the situation, this whole thing makes no sense at all...

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:51 am

The inability to take a physical imposed by team doctors
Imposed by team doctors? Thought it was league policy.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:27 pm

probably supposed to read something like, the inability to take a physical performed by team doctors

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:10 pm

Maybe they just don't think he is healthy? It didn't make any sense to not offer him a 10% bump if he was...I mean, we sign four backup O Lineman and two edge guys not as good? My guess is they don't think he will pass physicals.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:32 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:10 pm
Maybe they just don't think he is healthy? It didn't make any sense to not offer him a 10% bump if he was...I mean, we sign four backup O Lineman and two edge guys not as good? My guess is they don't think he will pass physicals.
Reed says he is wearing #90 again. Don't think Clowney is coming back.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:21 pm

I wonder if he regrets playing through the core injury last season now that it is apparent the Seahawks aren't going to reward him for it.